AFL Round 2 Brisbane Lions V Collingwood Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It has rained pretty much all night at my place and i am only 4kms from the Gabba, the field drains beautifully, if the weather has cleared by 3pm the field will be close to bone dry by first bounce. If it continues to rain all evening then i am unsure of what will happen in regard to selection. Part of me thinks knows that you are going to get your best value out of Selwood in those conditions, body pressure and toughness is a must on wet nights, i am not calling for his selection but i could understand if he was added to the 22.

BOM are saying the rain band should clear this morning, but I think it'll hang around for most of the day and clear out to a fine night. That said, the bureau are known to actually get it right on the odd occasion. I say pack the poncho just in cases.

I was going to my first game live in nearly 2 years on the premise that i would be taking my daughter, it looks like i will be on the old recliner again watching from home. So i have paid over 1000 thousand bucks over the last 3 seasons without seeing a game live, money well spent though!

I thought the humidity was only a problem when accompanied with high heat? I would be very surprised if it was hot tonight.

eta know the feeling acuguy. Though I had already reconciled that my 2yo would not suffer through a night game. He'll happily watch the 1st qtr or so on his sofa though.

I thought the humidity was only a problem when accompanied with high heat? I would be very surprised if it was hot tonight.

eta know the feeling acuguy. Though I had already reconciled that my 2yo would not suffer through a night game. He'll happily watch the 1st qtr or so on his sofa though.[/QUOTE

IMo with the dehydration issues of last game and the recovery to the body, with the humidity, it depletes fluids from the body through sweat, hot or cold.

we need that special waterboy for Browny tonight especially.

So i have paid over 1000 thousand bucks over the last 3 seasons without seeing a game live, money well spent though!

That's an expensive membership. For that price, I'd want to have special commentary from Lethal, the team re-named the POBT Lions and beers served by Scarlett Johannsen wearing maroon, blue and gold hotpants!

Forecast for Friday
A shower or two and a possible thunderstorm during the afternoon and evening,
tending to rain overnight. Mostly light SW to SE winds.

I hope overnight means about 11:30.

Oi Queenslanders do us a favor and start a chant along the lines of

93 93 93 ---- 93 93 93 ---- 93 93 93 ---- 93 93

Oi Queenslanders do us a favor and start a chant along the lines of

93 93 93 ---- 93 93 93 ---- 93 93 93 ---- 93 93

Do you mean 03 or does this have a different meaning?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing it refers to the margin, the last time we played the Pies. :D

Thanks BD (Lionbear Bangs head against wall forgetting the margin from last time:eek:)

I am happy Proud and Sherman are in, they deserve it. I think Hendo will get under Collingwood's skin if he's being rotated with Bradshaw.

Yeah I'd prefer Hendo up front but I heard a rumor that they were gonna give him a crack at CHB first anyone else hear about this?

I too am happy with the ins. Particularly Proud and Henderson (and I hope Sherman can recapture 06 form)

I down load the games from Bigpond to watch on the PC and I only got it working last night. Watched quarters 2 and 3 from the West Coast game. I found it hard to see why Stiller got dropped before Rischitelli.

With respect to the side on the park last week, I dont think there was a potential premiership side running around. Even allowing for the fact that there is still considerable development in a number of players. So the selectors have had to bite the bullet and play the guys to overcome weaknesses. IMHO we need talls, guys with stronger bodies over the ball and most importantly the guys with the X factor. All ins have the potential to improve us in these areas.

In terms of the immediate future, I am hopeful rather than confident about the game tonight. I hate to say it but I cant help but admire the way the Woods have rebuilt their side. There will be a lot of exciting talent on display from both sides. At least I can record the game tonight as it is on free to air in Melbourne.

If Proud, Johnstone & Adcock all play well early on I'd LOVE to see Lukey Power sent down to the FP to run amok :cool:......he's capable of 5 assists & 3 goals per game ;)

As a lions fan and member, what I'd loved to get from this game is:
a win & 4 premiership points (of course).
but for our long term competitiveness and this season's top four aspirations,
I don't want to see:
BEST: Brown, Black, Power in the top three! (Dreamin' . . . maybe)!

If it rains, collingwood will win. Brisbane require dry conditions to execute their gameplan. Collingwood love a scrap and are great getting quick goals from their smaller players like Didak, Davis, Medhurst & Thomas. Brown will be less effective in the wet. Hope you guys prove me wrong though.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 2 Brisbane Lions V Collingwood Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back