AFL Round 2 Brisbane Lions V Collingwood Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy to see Henderson, Proud and Sherman in the team,

Henderson will give us a third tall option forward, i don't think he will play back, Leigh indicated he wanted more goal kicking options, Proud will play midfield and rest forward, adding grunt and potentially another crumbing forward, Sherman is interesting, surely he has been picked as Stiller's replacement, i would expect to see him get tagging job on either Davis, Didak or Swan.

I'm another happy with the changes.
Did throw up Stiller earlier in the week in the changes thread. Was very poor last week on a ground that I would have expected to suit him.

Still not sure that Jed will get to the line & have in the back of my mind that another change may yet be made. Would be interesting choice, Stiller may yet get a reprieve although I think Hardings pace injection would be valuable.

Concerned with who matches up on Didak. Shermo might just be a little lose for me, job might go to Irish. Big ask.

Henderson as a 3rd tall option is something I look forward to seeing. Both times we met last year they struggled with our alternative option being Clark at the GABBA & then Brennan at the 'G. Throw in Bradshaw & if we can come out OK in the stoppages we will win.

Thats the key. We were slaughtered at the stoppages yet only got beaten by 3 goals in Perth against the Eagles. If we can get our share this week we will prove difficult to hold out at home.

And they have joined this rot that we are a one man team. I heard Jason Dunstall put forward this crap last week. Were the Hawks a one man team when he was potting a hundred a season?

I'm surprised anyone really wastes much energy being indignant about us being called a 'one player team' or the likes.

Crikey how many years did we hear that but simply substitute Brown with Voss?

Not having a go at you John, just using your post to point out that history is repeating itself. We should be saving our energy for barracking tomorrow night instead of worrying about that old chestnut. You know the team on Nova had a good few comments this morning about our game, and the % of supporters expected for each team. I think I'll just save my energy for yelling tomorrow night.

Stiller spent a lot of the third and fourth quarters last week on the bench getting his calves worked. Maybe he's injured, maybe he was cramping, or maybe he's just not fit enough. He didn't do a great deal last week, regardless of whether he's got an excuse, it's probably still a justified change.

Goodluck to Ooh Aah this week in the seconds, hope he has a blinder and demands senior selection for the swannies game.

Happy with the changes. Proud demanded a spot and Hendo adds the flexibility that we need. Stiller must have been a tough decision and I'd reckon it was line ball between him and Riska.

I think that Stiller will use this set back as a positive and really carve it up in the twos. Hopefully it will be a wake-up call to Riska too. He seems to perform better against the "slower" type midfields so it's time to shine or else.

Mildly confident about this one. Mildly more to protect myself from the pain of losing against the scum when I'm sure we're going to win than anything else. Lions by 8. Can't wait for the real action at the Gabbatoir in 08!

Hi there everyone!

First time poster, long time lurker

I'm going to the game tomorrow night (naturally)
me and my fiancee bought our first season tickets for this year, really excited about it..been supporting the lions on the gold coast and when i used to live in adelaide also.

Unfortunately i'm going by myself this time :( is anyone from the board going to be sitting near seating area 63, members area near gate 9?

I would love to meet any fellow posters/lions fanatics from the board!

Hopefully have someone to talk to about the game!

Hope to see you there!

Matthew

Hi there everyone!

me and my fiancee bought our first season tickets for this year, really excited about it..been supporting the lions on the gold coast and when i used to live in adelaide also.

Unfortunately i'm going by myself this time :( is anyone from the board going to be sitting near seating area 63, members area near gate 9?

Hope to see you there!

Matthew

If I'm not wrong, I think Cozi36 sits up that end.

Wear earplugs if you meet her though... she's a bit excitable.

Hi there everyone!

Hope to see you there!

Matthew

Ahhhh, 63, thats quite close to the Members only 'Captains Bar'.

A few of us tend to enjoy a quiet beverage before the game......

[/Non pompus respons] We like to get hammered up there :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yeah lol

that was some funny stuff i just read from all of you!

I will prolly be in the bar area before the game, wearing a Lions guersney over my shirt and what not..i'll be all Lions'd up lol!

If I'm not wrong, I think Cozi36 sits up that end.

Wear earplugs if you meet her though... she's a bit excitable.

Haha, you're funny TBD! :D

wow, you really do learn something everyday.

Yes, im 100% female, always have been, always will be! :p

You only really need one earplug. The ear not facing her only rings for a few days, after that it starts to come good again....

You're ears should be fine now - I shall be a bit more reserved tomorrow as Braddles has already made his return! :)

So does anyone think we'll break the ground record tomorrow night? It would be an even more impressive result considering the Broncos game.

I tend to think we'll just run short.

You are not going to cry if he kicks another goal are you?

I'll try not to, but at times you can't handle your emotions, especially as it was his first since round 22, 2006. That's a long time between kicking a ball through the big sticks!

So does anyone think we'll break the ground record tomorrow night? It would be an even more impressive result considering the Broncos game.

I tend to think we'll just run short.

We will come very, very close.

I hope the rain doesn't spoil the party.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 2 Brisbane Lions V Collingwood Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back