Preview AFL Round 20 - Geelong v Fremantle, Simonds Stadium, 7:40PM Saturday 9 August

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said in the Nth preview that I would like to see Bews back, at least for the Freo game.
If we go the other way - Smedts (forward only please because he has shown the ability to do something there) or why not Lang, Hartman or McCarthy..?
to much of a risk putting in lang hartman or mccarthy because have little experience and this is a must win game

Bews in, Kelly back to the midfield, Selwood forward pocket with Crowley hanging out of his arse and let our young lads tear Freo apart in the midfield.

Bews in, Kelly back to the midfield, Selwood forward pocket with Crowley hanging out of his arse and let our young lads tear Freo apart in the midfield.
Like your confidence in the up and coming mids.
But Fyfe,Barlow,Mundy,Sandilands v our youngsters could very easily go pear-shaped quickly.
A blend of Selwood,Johnson(fingers crossed),Kelly,Bartel,Caddy,Duncan,Christensen,Stokes,Motlop all rotating through the midfield would bring us better results id say.

"Wake to see - your true emancipation is a fantasy.
Policies have risen up and overcome the brave.
Greatness dies, unsung and lost, invisible to history.
Embedded spies brainwashing our children to be mean.
You don't have long,
I am on to you
The time, it has come to destroy...
Your supremacy"

This just came on the radio and it seemed poignant to our situation in two ways. One, that we are challenging a charge to SJ that I believe to be rubbish. And two, that this will be the match that we firmly turn our recent form against Fremantle firmly back in our favour. We have a backline that is the best in the business. We have a midfield that is starting to click and run an impressive outside game. And we have a forward line that will be led by the enormous presence our mighty Full Forward has.

Here come the most exciting weeks we have seen in years. We have a genuine chance for top four again a decade after our first Prelim appearance. The club has consistently moved from strength to strength over this time and now is no different. We must show them our passion to reinforce their resolve.

I will be there this weekend and cheering bloody hard. Show some fight cat fans - the club is showing that backed into a corner we will not meekly give in and neither should we!!!

Stand up and fight, remember our tradition!!

Yep Bews would be good for Ballantyne but who goes out ? He would need take Kelly's position down back and I just cannot see that - although it is tempting.

No way should we play HMac - it was illustrated (and noted by CS) that our leg speed was important in beating North. It will also be important if we are to beat Freo IMO.

Same team as this week's will play.

If Crowley goes to SJ take him forward - of if he goes to Selwood - the same. Please CS do not do nothing - make some moves if something is not working.

With SJ getting booted ( presuming the appeal goes south) Kelly to the MF, Bews to the BP. And he can thump the shit out of Ballantyne as soon as he looks sideways at doing something dumb. Bews is big, fast and hard. Let him go after him with his own game.
And when we get the pill, have Bews run off and make the little prick accountable for him.

Go Catters

Is anyone surprised? 2 weeks for the Tiger thug , Merritt gets off..... I really , REALLY hate this system.

So who comes in . Who played well in the 2's
Schedder and Smedts.

I vote let Schredder loose. Actually I like Bews on Ballas and Kelly to the MF...

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't have long,
I am on to you
Your supremacy"

This just came on the radio and it seemed poignant to our situation in two ways. One, that we are challenging a charge to SJ that I believe to be rubbish. And two, that this will be the match that we firmly turn our recent form against Fremantle firmly back in our favour. We have a backline that is the best in the business. We have a midfield that is starting to click and run an impressive outside game. And we have a forward line that will be led by the enormous presence our mighty Full Forward has.

Here come the most exciting weeks we have seen in years. We have a genuine chance for top four again a decade after our first Prelim appearance. The club has consistently moved from strength to strength over this time and now is no different. We must show them our passion to reinforce their resolve.

I will be there this weekend and cheering bloody hard. Show some fight cat fans - the club is showing that backed into a corner we will not meekly give in and neither should we!!!

image.jpg
Great post, PCA!!
I particularly loved the last paragraph and your bolded message :)

You don't have long,
I am on to you
Your supremacy"

Muse :thumbsu: Gonna listen to supremacy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back