AFL Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive found them slow to react on injury/team news as well and you can get even more inflated odds if you're on it.

Early one for RD4

*CATS -33.5 (x2)
(2.2u @ 1.91 @ Centrebet)

More to follow later in the week....

You can see in this thread there are two camps on this game.

1 - Freo have better form and are the better side
2 - Freo are rubbish in Melbourne, espeially at Ethiad.

I am in camp number 2.

You forgot the last one

3. Somewhere in the middle and confused. :eek:

I'm leaning more and more to #1 though the longer the week goes on. The thing is you can't fault what StKilda have done. Sure they lost to Port but it was in Adelaide and they were right with Sydney for 3 quarters at home as well. So it wasn't a horrible unforgiveable loss...What they did do was put the bulldogs to the sword, who before that had been pretty impressive (in a minnow kinda way) they nearly beat Adelaide in Adelaide so maybe the Saints win against the Dogs isn't getting enough credit?

As for Freo they already have two black marks against them after the good win against the cats, which seems a long time ago now. The Brisbane game was terrible to almost unwatchable extent and Sydney put 7 goals space on them in a half the week before. If you then take into account their poor Melbourne record it makes them awfully hard to entertain.

OK definately #1 ...Go Saints :eek:

Never really looked at AFL odds or punted them in the past, but this thread sparked my interest.

My first attempt is (all odds from sportsbet):

Carlton over Essendon > 15.5: 1.29
Brisbane over Gold Coast > 15.5: 1.85
Geelong over Richmond > 15.5: 1.35
giving me 3.22 over all.

A dumb question re multi bets, but I assume cannot have two legs involving overall results from the same game:

ie Geelong to win straight up into geelong to win > 15.5 ?

This week I'm on Carlton -37.5 and Geelong -33.5 - I feel that circumstances for both games are pointing towards a couple of beltings.

@Malibu#27 - You're right - you won't be able to do multiple legs from the same game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im thinking Essendon will rest a few players this weeek so they can get up against Collingwood. Mark Thompson said they have been planning for ANZAC day clash so they will priotise that game and rest a few players for that. Hopefull Fletcher is one of them

ie Geelong to win straight up into geelong to win > 15.5 ?

Welcome to the world of gambling.

Just one word of advice, only bet what you can afford to lose. ie Dont bet the rent, mortgage other bills etc ok, while it may appear easy money at some times it can turn disastrous.

For example many had Cats in their multis and that was killed and many had the dons to win by over 40 against the GC last week.

lol at your bet it was like my first bet.

Crows H-H into Crows - handicap into Crows FGS scored into Crows leading qtr/hf/3qtr/ft

lol I remember the person at the TAB looked at me and said sorry mate you cant do that and at the time I couldnt understand why lol.

That was many years ago now.

Just be careful thats my best advice and dont go chasing loses.

And there is no certainties in betting.

Even WC beating GWS is no certainty, just look what happened when the Dons couldnt travel to the ground in the NAB cup and pts awarded to the Saints! :rolleyes:

im thinking Essendon will rest a few players this weeek so they can get up against Collingwood. Mark Thompson said they have been planning for ANZAC day clash so they will priotise that game and rest a few players for that. Hopefull Fletcher is one of them

That would make more sense, this is an expected loss to the Blues atm.

Where as beating the Pies is a genuine chance IMO.

I hear on on Fox Footy last night, a rumour that the Hawks may rest players for this match against the Eagles??? David king reported it, that Rioli et al may be rested?

Hodge wont be risked.

Geez I mean Israel Folau is being rested for the trip by GWS to Adelaide lol.

lol at your bet it was like my first bet.

Crows H-H into Crows - handicap into Crows FGS scored into Crows leading qtr/hf/3qtr/ft

lol I remember the person at the TAB looked at me and said sorry mate you cant do that and at the time I couldnt understand why lol.

That was many years ago now.

:D I think that's probably happened to almost every new gambler. It shot down my hopes when I was told about it. :(

read an article on AFL website about Carlton's target in the 50...they also pointed out how Essendon can stop Carlton...

"On Friday night against Collingwood 10 Carlton players took marks inside 50 and had nine individual goalkickers. The team has scored 56.4 per cent of the times it has entered the forward 50 in 2012.

Multiple options allow more dynamic ball movement too.

Carlton's pace and sharp sprints back towards goal into open space has always worried defenders. But now that Carlton's midfielders are perfecting the tough kick that finds a player running away from them the worry has increased.

On occasions on Friday night the midfielders even introduced a lateral kick to a player running beside them, spreading the defence and making it difficult for opposition midfielders to apply pressure as the ball moved swiftly forward at unpredictable angles.

At one stage Kreuzer even punched a kick-out to the wing where he knew Garlett was waiting, in space, behind the press. Garlett exploded into space and hit the post with his kick for goal.

Because the ball is no longer funnelled through one key forward it comes in quickly from every angle as forwards sweep back towards goal.

Defending such movement is like playing multi-ball at the local pinball parlour.

So Essendon know that this week it will need to be quick, tall and able to stop footballs coming from all angles if it is to restrict Carlton to a losing score.

In other words, the Bombers need six Dustin Fletchers.

Good luck finding another one of those in a generation, let alone five in a week. " (http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/newsId/133210/Default.aspx)

The doggies line seems quite nice but but but....
Cats line seems nice too considering they came of an unexpected loss so they'll be fired up plus it's a home match.
Tigers lost to the parolees by 20, and I'd rate the cats 35 points ahead of the the wobbles in Geetown so by that undeniable logic Geelong will win by 55 points.

Carlton line is tasty, especially when you look back to finals last year when Carlton smashed Essendon at a time when both teams were far closer in form.

West Coast are looking good for a -4.5 line, if Hodge and Rioli arent in I might smash that. But who's out for WCE?

Wobbles v Port, -37.5. Heart says yes, head says wtf is going on with these jailbreakers.

Who else is playing?

Essendon will feel they have a shot vs the Pies on ANZAC day given the Pies' woes, so will probably select their players based on getting up for that game.

Carlton to moida Essendon at the 39.5 margin at around 1.95 seems like the bet of the week.

Round 18 2011:
Carlton 24.9 (153)
Essendon 12.7 (79)

Expecting a similar result this week.

2010 R19
Essendon 3.6 5.13 8.16 9.19 (73)
Carlton 6.3 10.5 13.8 23.11 (149)

2011 R4
Carlton 0.2 4.9 6.13 11.13 (79)
Essendon 3.2 6.3 7.8 11.13 (79)

Carlton should be the clear favourites, but I think they're too short considering the history of these two clubs and the fact they are both 3-0.

I think you need to take your bomber coloured glasses off. Look at your list, how many do you have missing this week? 3-0 means nothing when Gold Coast nearly run over the top of you. I think Carlton will win by about 90pts. I just dont see anyway you can get near them in your current situation.

Welcome to the world of gambling.
Even WC beating GWS is no certainty, just look what happened when the Dons couldnt travel to the ground in the NAB cup and pts awarded to the Saints! :rolleyes:

surely if a team didn't show up the bookie would refund the bet? I'm pretty sure the match has to actually take place for the bet to stand.

Carlton -43.5
Geelong -33.5
West Coast H2H
@ 6.9

Am fairly confident with this bet.

Carlton should account for Essendon easily so i have taken the $2.10 line.

I was very confident with Geelong at SS but then my mind took me back to the pre season game and how good Richmond were there. I no that pre season form doesnt mean much but they played that ground well. But i have chosen to ignore that pre season form, hopefully it pays off.

West Coast i thought were going to win anyway but with the news that Hawthorn might be resting players i got a little more excited and more confident with this.

When "most goals of the round" market is out i will be looking for Eddie Betts and Jarrad Roughead and their odds.

Thoughts anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back