AFL Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What site/service/bookie has posted that line?

Sportsbet / IASBet

EDIT: RE: Fyfe, Lyon said on 6PR that he'll play this week. Not sure how he can say that with scans happening today, but at least he's optimistic..

Saints should win regardless I would have thought.

Sportsbet / IASBet

EDIT: RE: Fyfe, Lyon said on 6PR that he'll play this week. Not sure how he can say that with scans happening today, but at least he's optimistic..

Saints should win regardless I would have thought.

Thanks.

Freo beat Cats, lost Swans, beat Lions.
Saints lost Port, beat Suns, beat Dogs.

Hard to get a read on this form apart from Saints haven't proven themselves against tough opposition... the question is are Freo tough opposition away?

Dogs are terrible and have trouble kicking goals through talls. Melb leak goals like a sieve to smalls. Dalhouse, Boyd, Gia, Higgins and Cooney will kick enough to win by 6 goals.

Took Freo @ $3.25 yesterday. Really think that apart from the fact Freo are a better team, Lyon knows all the saints players back to front. Will surely have a tactical advantage. I know Freo's record is bad against Saints in Melbourne but still think it's value and a 50/50 match.

As previously mentioned, I cant see all that much value this week, therefore I have taken a "safe" multi:

Carl over 24.5
Coll over 24.5
WCE +39.5

2u x $2.33

Goodes will get off tonight.
North have not won at the SCG in years.
North have lost 5 straight to Sydney.
Handball happy just won't cut the mustard on a small ground against a contested ball team.

Sydney -5.5 @ $1.92 IAS is overs.

Goodes will get off tonight.
North have not won at the SCG in years.
North have lost 5 straight to Sydney.
Handball happy just won't cut the mustard on a small ground against a contested ball team.

Sydney -5.5 @ $1.92 IAS is overs.

Goodes got a week for the same thing in the preseason and can challenge here because he won't cop further penalty. The tribunal won't let him off otherwise they'll be seen to be inconsistent and playing favourites to certain players. Apart from Goodes, certain indiscretions by Judd come to mind.

North have been poor for the last few years, but that's no reason to suggest they will continue to be... different players... more mature... increasing confidence... Goodes not playing :D

Will be signing up with Pinnacle shortly, anybody know of any bonuses etc I should be aware of?

WCE -4.5 @1.92
Carlton Win @1.13
Brisbane -22.5 @2.15
Geelong -43.5 @2.25

Combined price $10.50 on sportsbet

Thoughts? Think the Cats can belt Richmond at Skilled, theyve done some ugly things to teams on that ground

WCE again I think home ground is a huge advantage and theyre flying. With Hawks travelling and having a couple of big games already, I think a semi rested eagles will get it done comfortably at home.

Im a Gold Coast fan but we saw Brisbane really beat up on Melbourne and I think they can do the same to GC

Carlton win is self explanatory, I think this is the best of the shorties for the round. Cant see Essendon getting up after their recovery/travel adventure and with all their injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they were overs for me, but that was before i had a deeper look at their history.

can't fault the Saints under the roof either, plus they've got Lenny

Saints lost to Port and beat two of the worst teams in the comp? At home?

Freo have done ok, and Lyon will know the Saints players inside out. Looks like decent value to me.

On the Dons - Blues:

Round 4 2011: Draw
Round 3 2010: Essendon
Round 3 2009: Essendon
Round 3 2008: Essendon

Carlton will probably win, but Essendon is pretty good value at the current odds.

My picks this week, to probably fade as you see fit:

1 unit Freo @ $3.10 (Pinny) - bit the bullet, could be a big Saints win but IF they can get over the Melbourne hoodoo they should win.
0.5 unit Ess @ $7 (Betstar) - thought it more a $1.25 v $5 game - don't expect Carlton to win but Essendon have shown a reasonable record against them even when they aren't expected to win
2 units Haw @ $2.18 (Pinny) - West Coast seem like the sort of team that will beat up shit teams but not sold on them vs good teams with Nicoski/LeCras/Embley unavailable. Expect Hodge back this week and I like the Roughead ruck dynamic his inclusion has added in
1 unit Melb @ $3.16 (Betfair) - they are shit but so are the Dogs, this could be a 70-50 type game and the only bloke on either side that gives me confidence in kicking goals is Clark

On the Dons - Blues:

Round 4 2011: Draw
Round 3 2010: Essendon
Round 3 2009: Essendon
Round 3 2008: Essendon

Carlton will probably win, but Essendon is pretty good value at the current odds.

Round 18 2011:
Carlton 24.9 (153)
Essendon 12.7 (79)

expecting a similar result this week.

edit: also does pinnacle offer additional markets on AFL later on in the week, or is it just straight head to heads? Not expecting port to win, but $9 is huuuuge.

edit: also does pinnacle offer additional markets on AFL later on in the week, or is it just straight head to heads? Not expecting port to win, but $9 is huuuuge.

Just H2H and line bets - at least that's what it's been throughout the NAB and the first 3 rounds.

EDIT: Actually not 100% on the lines, don't remember seeing them since NAB :)

Just saw no paypal :( not sure about using bank transfer.... what payment methods do you guys use?

I use bank transfer - took 1-2 days each time I've done a deposit. Their slightly elevated odds do represent some decent value if you're not after the exotic markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back