AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Got Level 1 undercover for Blues v Hawks. Row GG so should be protected from the elements,

Forgot my ticketek password so had to scramble and make a new account

Had 4 browsers going on 3 devices… had pies v blues and pies v tigs tix by 2:05.

Those 2 browsers I was queueing from about 1:48pm

10mins later got back in for pies v lions

Luckiest I’ve been via ticketek all season
I found it pretty quick today. Pies v Tigers was all I was after. There was even level 2 allegedly but didn't work for my 7 tickets which is standard.

Dogs breakfast gain but finally in on server and app

Blues vs Hawks L1 open M19
Blues vs Pies back of top Q19
Hawks vs Rich went too early and in M16

Probably the fastest I've seen a match sell out in the Members. Kind of surprised they allowed 2 guests.
:mad::mad:

Managed to get 3 outta the 5 I wanted for Pies v Blues. (Best available)
Jumped back in got in straightaway tried to get 2 more (Best available) and nothing.
Thankfully one of my mates said not to stress about it and he and his dad just won't attend.

No probs Blues v Hawks and I had to get 9 tickets for that game.

People calling up SEN complaining that they missed out of tickets for Collingwood v Carlton and saying that they thought club support of the 2 teams got priority.

If you are going to buy a membership, it may be a good idea to know what you are entitled to.

And NO, they should not have priority

People calling up SEN complaining that they missed out of tickets for Collingwood v Carlton and saying that they thought club support of the 2 teams got priority.

If you are going to buy a membership, it may be a good idea to know what you are entitled to.

I think for finals it should be club support, Home and Away definitely not

When has home and away ever had club support?

I think for finals it should be club support, Home and Away definitely not
Finals you get access into the Club Member sale, which is first anyway. Given the limited seating Gold Club Members getting first dibs on Grand Final seating is fine. Otherwise the only hierarchy should be Gold first then Silver, like the MCC with their tiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under 7s members do not have the ability to nominate a club of support... they would have to fix that up if they allowed club of support

Leave it as is. The root causes of the problem are the AFL taking our seats away to give to others and doing nothing about scalping, both allowed (Medallion) and not (which they have no interest in dealing with, possibly because they don't want to look hypocritical).

Just noticed on the website that the sold out Silver Memberships are $530. I assume that'll be be the price for next year?
I think I it showed that even when I paid $500 for this year.
By comparison MCC Restricted which I will also have from later this year (silly I know) is $681.
MCC Restricted does give Prelim access and walk up to any match, saving multiple $10+ fees if you are so inclined.

By comparison MCC Restricted which I will also have from later this year (silly I know) is $681.
MCC Restricted does give Prelim access and walk up to any match, saving multiple $10+ fees if you are so inclined.
Congrats

So you will drop your AFL membership?

MCC also gives you more Cricket access. But you have to wear a collared shirt which I am strongly against on principal. (Also I wasn't put on the list at birth so it's kinda pointless joining now as I'll be close to death by the time I get full membership)

So you will drop your AFL membership?
A conundrum. My footy mates are not MCC and 90% of the enjoyment is the company.
Plus see below.

(Also I wasn't put on the list at birth so it's kinda pointless joining now as I'll be close to death by the time I get full membership)
Same. Restricted is only so good. Will I live to see full membership?

If the AFL treated us like the MCC I'd have no reason to keep MCC.

No they shouldn't have priority, but that game should have been AFL members only with no guest passes. They knew that this game was going to be highly sought just like Anzac Day.

People already paying through the roof for AFL memberships and then not having them even been able to go to games at the expense of others is pure BS.

No they shouldn't have priority, but that game should have been AFL members only with no guest passes. They knew that this game was going to be highly sought just like Anzac Day.

People already paying through the roof for AFL memberships and then not having them even been able to go to games at the expense of others is pure BS.
Agreed, guest passes are a joke. Especially given that up until this year anyone could go straight to silver membership, so it is not as if you had friends or family on a waiting list.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back