AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

No mate that isn’t how it works.

The AFL members allocation was sold out to the very back of level 4.

The unused medallion club seats are the ones that go on sale in the week of the game and on the day.
i stand corrected, but the ticketek app gave me the option of top deck also, although i didnt check the volume. this was 10 min before the bounce.

Why can't I get an upgraded 10 dollar guarantee for the Bulldogs and Carlton game?

But then there are plenty of seats still up on ticketmaster/ticketek whoever. some of them being nearly $66 to a hundred dollars, which is insane.

If you don't get a section of your own at Marvel, surely the trade off is that you're able to access that same general allocation with your AFL Membership?

Or is this just because the week hasn't started yet and they haven't worked out the 'around the grounds' yet? I remember going to just a couple of games at Marvel, coincidentally Doggies ones, and being able to scan in but having to walk out and find a pub or just go home because there were literally no seats. I went to shitty old Dons - West Coast last week and left at half time because the only seats were in the corners next to the screens (I defend the stadium but how they got build, when there'd be at least a thousand of those seats, is pretty shonky shit). so they do essentially seem to have a bit more of a 'free for all' approach to Marvel than they do for the MCG when it comes to expecting 80% of capacity.

Also Hawks - Pies the next week... is this really also going to be another bonafide sell out?

Insane how much planning it takes these days. and the extra 10 bucks here and there and sense of obligation that comes along is a bit of a pain in the arse. I remember scanning into Collingwood finals on a Saturday night seven or eight years ago.

Also Hawks - Pies the next week... is this really also going to be another bonafide sell out?

Insane how much planning it takes these days. and the extra 10 bucks here and there and sense of obligation that comes along is a bit of a pain in the arse. I remember scanning into Collingwood finals on a Saturday night seven or eight years ago.

Still some seats up the back of level 4... but I agree.. would be great to just be able to walk up to most games besides the absolute blockbusters

Why can't I get an upgraded 10 dollar guarantee for the Bulldogs and Carlton game?

But then there are plenty of seats still up on ticketmaster/ticketek whoever. some of them being nearly $66 to a hundred dollars, which is insane.

If you don't get a section of your own at Marvel, surely the trade off is that you're able to access that same general allocation with your AFL Membership?
The AFL reserve seating is sold out. Looks like the match is basically sold out in the General Public and they are selling Standing room tickets.
Or is this just because the week hasn't started yet and they haven't worked out the 'around the grounds' yet? I remember going to just a couple of games at Marvel, coincidentally Doggies ones, and being able to scan in but having to walk out and find a pub or just go home because there were literally no seats. I went to shitty old Dons - West Coast last week and left at half time because the only seats were in the corners next to the screens (I defend the stadium but how they got build, when there'd be at least a thousand of those seats, is pretty shonky shit). so they do essentially seem to have a bit more of a 'free for all' approach to Marvel than they do for the MCG when it comes to expecting 80% of capacity.
You need to show up earlier than 20 minutes before the game if you want better seats in GA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL reserve seating is sold out. Looks like the match is basically sold out in the General Public and they are selling Standing room tickets.

You need to show up earlier than 20 minutes before the game if you want better seats in GA.
I couldn't even get standing room tickets, nothing came up at all. it's a rort that there're seats available but there's some sort of cap on AFL Members. don't the AFL own the entire venue? isn't that sort of your reward for paying for AFL Membership, stuff like this?

I couldn't even get standing room tickets, nothing came up at all. it's a rort that there're seats available but there's some sort of cap on AFL Members. don't the AFL own the entire venue? isn't that sort of your reward for paying for AFL Membership, stuff like this?
But there are not even GA tickets available.
I would keep looking though. A couple of times a day. I don't trust the AFL or Ticketmaster.

I believe AFL members will still be able to access the walk GA for Bulldogs v Carlton.

But I'm not entirely sure how it's a rort. The AFL has a reserve at Marvel that sold out. They have some seats on level 2 that also sold out. AFL members can get a discount on any other reserve seat but they sold out.

You want a seat, stop leaving it to the last minute.

I believe AFL members will still be able to access the walk GA for Bulldogs v Carlton.

But I'm not entirely sure how it's a rort. The AFL has a reserve at Marvel that sold out. They have some seats on level 2 that also sold out. AFL members can get a discount on any other reserve seat but they sold out.

You want a seat, stop leaving it to the last minute.
Last minute? it's a week out ffs.

And there are no GA walk ups. the only tickets going are general public ones and most are 50-plus bucks.

The AFL also does not have a reserve at Marvel – even for shitkicker games like North v Suns on Saturday it was two poxy first tier bays and then it's just GA.

The AFL clearly manipulate it as they want. it wasn't like this pre-covid.

If I'm paying 500 bucks a year and have to pay 10 bucks booking fee two weeks out for every half decent game, I might as well just buy regular tickets. throw in in the muck around with 40 dollar guest passes these days and you'd probably even be ahead just buying general public.

Last minute? it's a week out ffs.

And there are no GA walk ups. the only tickets going are general public ones and most are 50-plus bucks.

The AFL also does not have a reserve at Marvel – even for shitkicker games like North v Suns on Saturday it was two poxy first tier bays and then it's just GA.

The AFL clearly manipulate it as they want. it wasn't like this pre-covid.

If I'm paying 500 bucks a year and have to pay 10 bucks booking fee two weeks out for every half decent game, I might as well just buy regular tickets. throw in in the muck around with 40 dollar guest passes these days and you'd probably even be ahead just buying general public.
You might as well.

Do you have a source for this?

Since when? They've had a section on L1 as well as any GA area on L3 for as long as I can remember.
The section on level one is two, sometimes just one, bay.

Level three is GA. that is not an allocated AFL Members area. in fact, the first 10 rows are almost always for those pissy GA home club memberships on the top tier.

I'd rather them pen you into sitting behind the goals regardless of its Melbourne v GWS on a Sunday night or Bombers v St Kilda as long as it's an allocated AFL Members' area.

Won't even go into how shit the AFL Members bar is at Marvel.

And I quite like Marvel for its accessibility, one-walk concourse (that's a term some marketer can steal) but it's really bang average for membership.

It'll get even worse when Tassie come in and the ground squeeze is like those tubed passatas. the appetite for football is massive and the population's going up and culture homogenises more and more.

They do manage to sort their shit out a bit though, at the start of the season it was very obvious they were allowing clubs to off-sell tickets for the MCG reserve but they tightened that.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back