AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember the old system where you got placed into a different queue on Mobile and it was heaps quicker. And it never caused issues.

The more they fiddled with it, the worse it got. It seems to be much better now.

you can have what ever system you want, it might make the process easier but it doesn't make any more seats.

If more people want tickets than there are tickets available, someone misses out. Who that person who misses out maybe depends on the system used, but no matter how you cut it, someone misses out. This was the same even back in the day when you lined up.

It is the same with the housing crisis, you can make all sorts of rules, but if there are more people than houses, someone ends up living in a tent.

you can have what ever system you want, it might make the process easier but it doesn't make any more seats.

If more people want tickets than there are tickets available, someone misses out. Who that person who misses out maybe depends on the system used, but no matter how you cut it, someone misses out. This was the same even back in the day when you lined up.

It is the same with the housing crisis, you can make all sorts of rules, but if there are more people than houses, someone ends up living in a tent.

Thank the AFL for that. Killing the gold painted goose

Doubt it will get to Silver no club support. I think the last time I can remember that happening was Swans VS Eagles a few years back.

I am silver member 11 yrs now and still waiting. 6223 in the queue
IIRC the 2015 gf went to Silver no support with everyone sick of Hawthorn, but it is indeed very rare

The AFL have explicitly stated that they don't cap club support numbers but they also stopped publicising the breakdown by club support about 10 years ago. I don't trust anything they say but that is their position.

Yeah they say that but evidence clearly says otherwise as seen below another Hawthorn member who got upgraded earlier!

I joined 05 and was full by 12.

Just shows they were upgrading some clubs earlier than others. A lot of Pies fans would have joined in 03-04 after missing out on grand final tickets.

Yeah they say that but evidence clearly says otherwise as seen below another Hawthorn member who got upgraded earlier!

Just shows they were upgrading some clubs earlier than others. A lot of Pies fans would have joined in 03-04 after missing out on grand final tickets.
It's more likely people misremember when they joined, or a clerical error has meant they've been passed over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is an argument to say the way to ensure guaranteed GF tickets as an AFL member is become a Collingwood Club Support.

If they make it you get a ticket, if they don't you should be right.

But I would not be able to live with myself.
That's precisely how I got first dibs on tickets for Pies V Lions GF last year.

Yeah it used to suck getting Pendlebury on the cover of your membership card and getting an annual Collingwood scarf but you learn to get over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back