AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm old - granted - but
My belief (if we can ever trust the AFL) was

60% of available AFL Reserve Tickets went to competing Gold/Full Members
(eg. 20,000 available - 12,000 for the 2 x competing clubs)

The remaining 40% (8,000) plus any not 'scooped-up' by the competing Gold/Full Members are then open General Gold/Full
(before we get to the Silver/Restricted competing Members and then any AFL Member in general)

Is that still not the case ?

The other moving part is just how big the "AFL Members Reserve" is on GF Day.

They will never state it... I think they say "Between 13k and 26k" or something similarly ridiculous.

Any time the AFL need tickets they take them from AFL Members.

The biggest example being in 2000 when they removed 5000 tickets from AFL Members permanently and gave them to the Medallion Club.

All of the AFL's guests etc are in there too.

If you're a competing club AFL member you'll get one.

Any other Gold member, pray it's not Collingwood v Richmond or something similar. If it is you have no chance.

Silver, forget it. Maybe if it was GWS v GC or something.

The other moving part is just how big the "AFL Members Reserve" is on GF Day.

They will never state it... I think they say "Between 13k and 26k" or something similarly ridiculous.

Any time the AFL need tickets they take them from AFL Members.

The biggest example being in 2000 when they removed 5000 tickets from AFL Members permanently and gave them to the Medallion Club.

All of the AFL's guests etc are in there too.

If you're a competing club AFL member you'll get one.

Any other Gold member, pray it's not Collingwood v Richmond or something similar. If it is you have no chance.

Silver, forget it. Maybe if it was GWS v GC or something.
Correct, they state 13k-18k AFL Members tickets but in previous years there have been as few as 13k AFL members with tickets on GF day. The other 10k seats in the reserve are made up of medallion club, corporate packages, AFL guests (past players etc) etc

Correct, they state 13k-18k AFL Members tickets but in previous years there have been as few as 13k AFL members with tickets on GF day. The other 10k seats in the reserve are made up of medallion club, corporate packages, AFL guests (past players etc) etc
You’ve omitted the current players who are entitled to a ticket as part of their EBA - and I reckon 90 plus per cent scalp their tickets because they’re already in Bali or Vegas as their season has finished when the GF rolls around.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't they just ID you and match that against member details.

Even you had a "scalped" ticket, you could just give your real ID, doubt they would be carrying an online list of all AFL members details, by the time the list goes back to the office for checking, games over

Plus, not sure will have printed tickets anymore and maybe just a digital ticket and those are so easy to edit and put in your own name :moustache:

Even you had a "scalped" ticket, you could just give your real ID, doubt they would be carrying an online list of all AFL members details, by the time the list goes back to the office for checking, games over

Plus, not sure will have printed tickets anymore and maybe just a digital ticket and those are so easy to edit and put in your own name :moustache:
They can still take a ticket number and a ID and match the ticket number to a member later. Everything is easy to trace when it is digital.

True I guess, if they really wanted to check they could, but seeing they have gutted the entire Membership Department, you'd be super stiff to get pinged, not that it matters much these days as it's pretty hard to scalp a ticket now anyway

Ok so I'm an afl gold member with geelong club support.

I also have geelong club membership.

What's to stop me going in the ballot with my geelong membership, getting tickets there (yes I know you have to be lucky), also getting tickets with my gold membership, and scalping the tickets I don't want?

Yes this all depends on Geelong making it. But could the system allow for this to happen?

What's to stop me going in the ballot with my geelong membership, getting tickets there (yes I know you have to be lucky), also getting tickets with my gold membership, and scalping the tickets I don't want?

Yes this all depends on Geelong making it. But could the system allow for this to happen?
You use the same barcode.

So did not need to book a ticket to Swans and Demons with crowd well over 70,000.
So cannot see any real need to book unless you want specific setting area as a group this next weekend.
Save the $28 booking fee if you willing to rock up on the night and take some seats up closer to top.

Nope. I have a different barcode for my geelong membership than afl
Hmm. Then I'm not sure. Can only speak for Richmond and we were told we could only enter the ballot OR try our luck with the AFL members.

By Geelong club membership you just mean the card you get for being a Geelong support AFL member? Or is it an addon for Goomba games?

Nothing other than scalping for the GF is against the law and your AFL membership is non transferable so if someone else is caught using your ticket your membership will get cancelled.

In the past, it has been one or the other. You couldn’t double dip that way. Pretty sure this was stated in the ballot details.

Granted I have never been able to test that rule as I havent been a gold member while Geelong have made GF (not including 2020). I wouldn’t want to risk giving up my guaranteed ticket for a chance in the ballot.

I was still a silver member in 2011 but I was successful in the ballot. Didn’t get a chance to try again because I never had a chance of buying with a silver membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back