AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those asking about going in the ballot with their club, AFL have just made it very clear, if you enter your club's Grand Final ballot, you will forfeit your access to Grand Final ticketing in the AFL Reserve, whether you are successful in the club ballot or not.

The exception of course, is if you hold an additional club membership, which someone mentioned earlier.

So Silver members need to make a choice, go in the club ballot, or go in the AFL Reserve and hope for it to get to Silver with club support.

We shouldn't have to make that decision this week. Ideally you could what and see who is in the GF, although we know that is never going to happen, but you should at least be able to wait and see who is in the PF.

Geelong and Swans members need to make that decision this week.

Last edited:
For those asking about going in the ballot with their club, AFL have just made it very clear, if you enter your club's Grand Final ballot, you will forfeit your access to Grand Final ticketing in the AFL Reserve, whether you are successful in the club ballot or not.

The exception of course, is if you hold an additional club membership, which someone mentioned earlier.
Yep, got the email today

“With the 2022 Toyota AFL Grand Final fast approaching, we want to ensure that members are equipped with the information required to access Grand Final ticketing.

Please read the below information carefully particularly regarding AFL Member access to Club Member ballots. Please note: if you enter your club’s Grand Final ballot, you will forfeit your access to Grand Final ticketing in the AFL Reserve, whether you are successful in the ballot or not.”

CLUB BALLOT

As an AFL Member with a nominated club of support, you will likely receive information from your club regarding possible Grand Final ballot eligibility.

Please note: if you enter your club’s Grand Final ballot, you will forfeit your access to Grand Final ticketing in the AFL Reserve, whether you are successful in the ballot or not.

The exception to this is if you hold an additional club membership that is independent of your AFL Membership. With an independent club membership, you can use this to enter the club ballot with no impact to your AFL Reserve access. If you are successful in both, please be reminded that your AFL Membership is strictly non-transferrable. This means that it can only be used by the person whose name is on the membership and cannot be given to anyone else.

When do you need to put allocation request in? before the pf results?

CLUB BALLOT

As an AFL Member with a nominated club of support, you will likely receive information from your club regarding possible Grand Final ballot eligibility.

Please note: if you enter your club’s Grand Final ballot, you will forfeit your access to Grand Final ticketing in the AFL Reserve, whether you are successful in the ballot or not.

The exception to this is if you hold an additional club membership that is independent of your AFL Membership. With an independent club membership, you can use this to enter the club ballot with no impact to your AFL Reserve access. If you are successful in both, please be reminded that your AFL Membership is strictly non-transferrable. This means that it can only be used by the person whose name is on the membership and cannot be given to anyone else.

When do you need to put allocation request in? before the pf results?
Geelong have to it this Wednesday

Pretty awful change. What is the logic in letting tickets slide to non-competing club support members instead of letting supporting members get a second chance after missing the ballot. I'm sure most members would prioritise their chances of getting a ticket when their supported teams makes the GF vs not... This isn't in their terms and conditions either...

I don't understand why you should forfeit your rights if you are unsuccessful in the club ballot - why does it have to be either or?
Because you’re essentially getting 2 chances off the back of a single membership. They want to even the playing field for those Geelong members that can’t afford an AFL membership.

Because you’re essentially getting 2 chances off the back of a single membership. They want to even the playing field for those Geelong members that can’t afford an AFL membership.
Interesting if that's the logic. I'm not sure that plays out.

Club supporting gold members are guaranteed tickets and much more likely to get a better seat from the AFL reserve. Making their membership invalid for an AFL seat should they win the club ballot has the same effect - the vast majority should not ballot.

The last year Silver members were able to purchase GF tickets was in 2016 due to the clubs playing: WBD & GWS. Gold members buy up the allocation most years so Silver members should all be balloting regardless of the rule change.

The resulting benefit would be for non-supporting Silver AFL members (in the case where Gold members don't buy out the GF) rather than non-AFL club members?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Freo were to beat Collingwood this week, I'd take the gamble and not enter the ballot, as a Geelong v Syd/Freo GF may get to Silver Club Support.

But if it was a Geelong v Syd/Pies I would enter the ballot, as no chance if Pies got through.

But my daughter doesn't have that option, she needs to make the decision by Wednesday

Interesting if that's the logic. I'm not sure that plays out.

Club supporting gold members are guaranteed tickets and much more likely to get a better seat from the AFL reserve. Making their membership invalid for an AFL seat should they win the club ballot has the same effect - the vast majority should not ballot.

The last year Silver members were able to purchase GF tickets was in 2016 due to the clubs playing: WBD & GWS. Gold members buy up the allocation most years so Silver members should all be balloting regardless of the rule change.

The resulting benefit would be for non-supporting Silver AFL members (in the case where Gold members don't buy out the GF) rather than non-AFL club members?
Agreed that gold members probably shouldn't gamble their guaranteed seat, but they might want to sit with friends or family members that are not gold members. Depends if you prefer to go alone, or go into the ballot with some mates to attend the game with others (who are only club members).

I always balloted as a silver member (when geelong were playing), because I didn't want to risk the other option of whether silver members would get a shot in the AFL members section. Non-supporting silver members obviously don't get a ballot or a priority, so they are already less likely to get a chance but its still a perk of an AFL membership.

Its all because of the grey area that an AFL membership club support sits in. Should it be considered a club member or just an AFL member. I think that leaving that choice up to the individual is fine on how they want to treat it in regards to grand final access.

If I was a silver Geelong supporter I would go for the club ballot. Remember there hasn't been a GF in Melbourne since 2019 so I imagine all the gold members will be hankering to see a GF regardless of who is playing.

Its a harsh decision to make 2 weeks before we know who is even playing

What are they charging Gold AFL Members for Grand Final tickets this year?
They always do, that has never changed.

Edit: I read that as "why" not "what". Doh. Nothing yet released for the GF afaik yet

Last edited:
They sell AFL members tickets before the ballot.
Underrated comment.

By the time the ballot is conducted on Sunday, tickets for the AFL reserve have already gone on sale and sold out. So even if you did miss out, you wouldn't be able to buy a ticket in the reserve.....

Underrated comment.

By the time the ballot is conducted on Sunday, tickets for the AFL reserve have already gone on sale and sold out. So even if you did miss out, you wouldn't be able to buy a ticket in the reserve.....
Also fwiw I'm glad they started selling AFL members tickets for finals before the General public has a chance to sell out, that way any Collingwood/Geelong AFL members could use their Club Membership as a backup.

It's them...
Well it was around that to book a seat for Cats v Pies in AFL Members section last week.
Swans v Demons I looked on Friday arvo on my AFL app and could scan in general admission for same area on Friday night for nothing.
So basically $28 to reserve a seat for these finals in AFL members area.
Is AFL member GA admission for this weekend's games available through the app? I can get access to the AFLW games, but when I click on the AFL finals games I get "You no longer own any tickets to this event". If there are going to be spare seats available I would like to save the $28 (x2).

Also fwiw I'm glad they started selling AFL members tickets for finals before the General public has a chance to sell out, that way any Collingwood/Geelong AFL members could use their Club Membership as a backup.

True. But they used to sell AFL members tickets (years ago) before even the club member on sale start time. This was the best situation because if you missed out in AFL reserve could go in the club member on sale straight away (if a completing club member). I remember when they changed I sent the AFL Membership department an email and they said don’t worry you won’t miss out. Well ppl did in the past as a result. At least it’s now before the general public on sale but still could be better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is AFL member GA admission for this weekend's games available through the app? I can get access to the AFLW games, but when I click on the AFL finals games I get "You no longer own any tickets to this event". If there are going to be spare seats available I would like to save the $28 (x2).
Yeah, I think it will keep showing that on the app for those games until Thursday,
I never checked last week but Demons v Swans final I would have gone if I could have fitted it in Friday night and sometime Thursday night or Friday morning I clicked on the app to look and sure enough like home and away matches could find a GA admission barcode for that match. As it turned out Friday night did not have enough time to fit match in at night so did not go but had a barcode as a ticket saved on phone from Thursday night to attend had I wanted to. I plan to do the same for this weeks two finals here. My guess is Melb v Bris will be about 55,000 to 60,000 so should be plenty of seats spare and Pies v Freo maybe 70,000 so I won't be spending the booking fee to reserve seats like had to do for Cats v Pies final.

If Brisbane beat Demons no need to book for prelim final v Cats either.
But if you had any fear Pies v Freo 80,000 or more, you would probably pay to reserve seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back