AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to get tickets from about 12.18 (took that long to get into Ticketek site) and only could get standing room then. Didn't accept has two young kids were members so we missed out.
We went to basically every Colongwood game this year but again come finals time and AFL Membership a joke

this is why i didn't bother. thankfully i got in pretty seamlessly with club members allocation.

I ended up spending the extra to get Collingwood members tickets too but not happy about needing to spend extra considering how expensive AFL membership is.

I ended up spending the extra to get Collingwood members tickets too but not happy about needing to spend extra considering how expensive AFL membership is.
It really makes no sense that for a game like this they wouldn't allocate by club support first like they do for PF and GF. Given Collingwood's AFL Reserve membership number, it makes zero logical sense to allow Gold and Silver members with club support for other clubs to purchase tickets. Let them go to St Kilda vs GWS ffs.

To all the people that missed out on tickets or didn't get the tickets they wanted and are now calling for Club Support to get priority, how about you change your membership type back to your club

You knew the conditions when you decided to become an AFL Member.
One of the benefits of being an AFL is having the opportunity to get tickets to any game you want. Once again, if you don't attend any other matches than your own club, than maybe AFL Membership is not the right the membership for you.

I can see both side of the argument, but reason I am AFL member (and have been nearly 30 years) is that i can go to any game in Melb. not just Carlton home games. I don't get to as many non-carlton games as i used to but dont like the thought of my membership "losing value"

Maybe they could look at for the big finals they could give clubs support AFL members first crack of 60% odd of the tickets first, like they do for the GF, and then open up to the rest.

Definitely agree that Gold Club Support should get priority first for these type of games. I'd also be in favour of them introducing a tier between Gold and Silver which applies after say 10 years of consecutive membership, and that allows you either priority access over Gold non-club support or at the same time.

No way should first year silver be allowed same or higher priority as 20+ Gold year members.

Club supporters can go directly to their club, I doubt AFL would give it two shizzles to an email from a disgruntled a lone AFL member.

Not sure there is anyone here that is good at this sort of thing but, but seeing as AFL members do not really have a voice. Putting it out there for someone to draft an email with list of issues/demand from all the folk on BF, we could add our names too, or email copy to the AFL on mass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Competing club support members really should get a priority access window for all finals games before non-competing club members
This.
A Pies club support mate needed me to get him a ticket as he is out of internet range on leave. Joined the queue at 1145 finally got in about 1225 best I could get was standing room.
And that was 1 ticket not multiple.
Need to get 6 tickets for Blues game and not looking forward to going through the process again tomorrow.

No way should first year silver be allowed same or higher priority as 20+ Gold year members.
As a first year silver member, it's hard to argue with that if it's worded that way. As an aside, it'd be better if AFL members was sold before club members so that those who missed out in the AFL reserve can use their barcode to purchase the higher priced ticket/s in the club allocation.

As a first year silver member, it's hard to argue with that if it's worded that way. As an aside, it'd be better if AFL members was sold before club members so that those who missed out in the AFL reserve can use their barcode to purchase the higher priced ticket/s in the club allocation.
Some clubs (Collingwood this year for example) won’t let AFL Members with club support access their member sale, so that wouldn’t have really worked for them.

Some clubs (Collingwood this year for example) won’t let AFL Members with club support access their member sale, so that wouldn’t have really worked for them.
Yeah this is what they said in the finals FAQs but I was able to get a ticket with my AFL barcode in the Collingwood member sale today (opted for that instead of the AFL reserve so I can sit with friends), go figure

I don't remember if Richmond let AFL members access member sales either.
But I have a club membership with Priority finals/ GF tickets and an AFL membership So I just used Club membership.

I don't remember if Richmond let AFL members access member sales either.
But I have a club membership with Priority finals/ GF tickets and an AFL membership So I just used Club membership.
i went searching because i couldn’t remember either but the 2019 finals ticketing thread on the richmond board said afl members could get tickets in the members sale

I was able to get a ticket with my AFL barcode in the Collingwood member sale today
I had the same experience, didn’t purchase any but had a Collingwood club support AFL member barcode that unlocked tickets in the club allocation.

Maybe clubs like Collingwood just say this to try and sell another few club memberships, but Ticketek’s system doesn’t have the smarts to actually stop the AFL barcodes from being used this way.

On another note, what's a Twice?

Korean Babefest

internet quagmire GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back