AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also not sure if someone ended up clearly indicating it here or not but you get two options

1. Upgrade now by 05/09 for $250 for an adult

2. Decline, stay silver but go to back to the start of the waitlist for gold…

I’m sure for past years I’ve seen others say you could accept now or choose to wait until the start of the next year? Either way above is how it is this year.

Interested to see how far back in numbers got an offer this time, anyone post 1081 here?
Just interested to know MisterD, does that mean if you upgrade this week then you will be a Gold member in time for this year's Grand Final allocation?

In all seriousness, Collingwood supporters that don't attend non Collingwood games would have to consider if AFL Membership is the correct membership for them, when there are so many Collingwood AFL Members, reducing your chance of getting a ticket to Collingwood games

In all seriousness, Collingwood supporters that don't attend non Collingwood games would have to consider if AFL Membership is the correct membership for them, when there are so many Collingwood AFL Members, reducing your chance of getting a ticket to Collingwood games
The odds of getting a ticket in the general membership ticketing are just as slim. When you have more members than tickets before you include the opponents membership base.

Cost of AFL membership v cost of legends membership makes it a no contest.

Yeah this is what they said in the finals FAQs but I was able to get a ticket with my AFL barcode in the Collingwood member sale today (opted for that instead of the AFL reserve so I can sit with friends), go figure
I don't see how they can stop you, as an AFL member with club support you are a Collingwood GA member and entitled to purchase tickets.

There is a cap on platinum and gold members , I don't think there is there a cap on silver ? I picked up two new junior silver this year no issues . Maybe there are thousands of new silver hence why tickets are hard to get. Its understand able for for pies supporters considering all their top tier memberships have wait lists

There is a cap on platinum and gold members , I don't think there is there a cap on silver ? I picked up two new junior silver this year no issues . Maybe there are thousands of new silver hence why tickets are hard to get. Its understand able for for pies supporters considering all their top tier memberships have wait lists
Yeah I don't think there is any cap there for Silver. Got my 2 toddlers AFL silver memberships this year.

Sweet deal. Pay once and they are on the waitlist. Nothing more to pay until they are 7. Be nice if they are gold by the time they turn 18 but not the end of the world.

They need to put caps on how many people can choose a club for their club support. Collingwood have so many more than any other club. Instead of the waitlist just been on time, it should be on time and club so for example if you want to be Collingwood club supporter than you need to wait until spaces open.

I know they will never do that as won't miss out on revenue. My family has been members so long that we still remember walking up to grand finals. When they brought ticketing in it was meant to be there to cover costs but that quickly changed to profit making

Yeah I don't think there is any cap there for Silver. Got my 2 toddlers AFL silver memberships this year.

Sweet deal. Pay once and they are on the waitlist. Nothing more to pay until they are 7. Be nice if they are gold by the time they turn 18 but not the end of the world.
Just know when they are old enough, and while there is no official family AFL Membership, the eldest child is charged full rate and the younger kids after that are not charged anything. You just need to contact them and ask for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what you're after is a club membership. You and everyone else knows how it is but still continue to complain

You have nominated clubs and you get counted in that clubs membership.

I don't think it's unreasonable to critique the offering, particularly in light of what appears to be the continual erosion of the members area and the manner in which covid was handled. People ITT largely donated money to the AFL for 2 years.

I don't think it's unreasonable to critique the offering, particularly in light of what appears to be the continual erosion of the members area and the manner in which covid was handled. People ITT largely donated money to the AFL for 2 years.
But we got footy records and upgraded seats that we hardly could use

Just interested to know MisterD, does that mean if you upgrade this week then you will be a Gold member in time for this year's Grand Final allocation?

Yeah, you need to accept by the 1st of sept. You get sent out a new barcode and everything

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

While I'm quite scathing in my annual AFL Membership surveys, regardless of the erosion of membership perks over the years, I still think as a value proposition, AFL Membership exceeds the offerings of all but the most elite of club memberships - i.e. coterie level memberships which would cost a bomb.

I recently heard on the radio the AFL advertising Medallion Club memberships at $618 per month. That's $7,416 p.a. That'll get you a dedicated seat every week plus a number of other rare offerings. That's obviously out of reach for most punters.

I disagree with Club Support members being offered a priority on seats for early finals - even the GF if I'm honest. People aren't complaining about not getting seats for St. Kilda vs. GWS. Is it surprising that there is higher demand for a match involving two of the most-supported clubs in the league? People will invariably miss out. That one of those clubs is happy to take a portion of their annual membership fees yet disown them during finals is a matter for that/those clubs; and the members that opt to take out certain memberships wholly or partially aligned with those clubs. Each club membership has T&C's - people would be wise to read and understand them before taking out a membership.

Last edited:
While I'm quite scathing in my annual AFL Membership surveys, regardless of the erosion of membership perks over the years, I still think as a value proposition, AFL Membership exceeds the offerings of all but the most elite of club memberships - i.e. coterie level memberships which would cost a bomb.
Do we ever get the results of said surveys ? I have given them both barrels in the last few they sent out .

Hopefully no issues today. Been a while since I've bought Carlton finals tickets so not sure what to expect.

Both games on sale at the same time is silly.

IIRC from last time we were in finals .. you write a telegram with how many tickets you want, attach cheque, and give it to the post master. he will put on the next horse and cart delivery.

IIRC from last time we were in finals .. you write a telegram with how many tickets you want, attach cheque, and give it to the post master. he will put on the next horse and cart delivery.

I had great seats - think I opted for the carrier pigeon transfer system and it worked seamlessly for me.

I disagree with Club Support members being offered a priority on seats for early finals - even the GF if I'm honest.
Great post. We are all paying the same, why shouldn't we be entitled to attend equally? I love going to finals as a neutral and will be going to 2 next week.
I do get it for a GF, for less supported clubs at least, but when I am Gold I shouldn't have zero chance for a Coll vs Carl GF. It is an AFL membership afterall.
Our enemies are Medallion Club, corporates and other hangers on, not each other.

Great post. We are all paying the same, why shouldn't we be entitled to attend equally? I love going to finals as a neutral and will be going to 2 next week.
I do get it for a GF, for less supported clubs at least, but when I am Gold I shouldn't have zero chance for a Coll vs Carl GF. It is an AFL membership afterall.
Our enemies are Medallion Club, corporates and other hangers on, not each other.

correct me if i am wrong but in terms of the GF the two competing clubs supporters get first crack at the AFL member tickets, but only 60%?(??) of the tickets are put up. A bit later the other 40%(??) go up to the other gold members, and if there are any left that trickles down to silver clubs support etc etc.

I really think the issue is the volume of silver members, as metioned in previous post anyone can sign up and get silver straight away. Seeing as there is now wait lists for the "premium" memberships for some of the big Vic clubs, an AFL membership is the best alternative.

There should be a cap on silver members, make them sit in bronze until a spot opens up.

Think I will write a strongly worded albeit poorly written and punctuated email to AFL Membership to try and get some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back