AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of Silver members have no effect on GF tickets. They only get a chance at a ticket once all Gold Members have had a chance. What's wrong with that.
moreso for the first two weeks of the finals. Pies vs Dess sold out in ten minutes with many missing out, and the Blues vs Swans will prob be similiar.

It was 50 minutes and competing club members could still buy seats. And even then there were still leftovers for the General Public.
really i got a few, and then tried again around 12:20 with another member barcode for a single and got nothing available. maybe they gave me that as my IP had already got tickets?

F*****g ticketek,

correct me if i am wrong but in terms of the GF the two competing clubs supporters get first crack at the AFL member tickets, but only 60%?(??) of the tickets are put up. A bit later the other 40%(??) go up to the other gold members, and if there are any left that trickles down to silver clubs support etc etc.

I really think the issue is the volume of silver members, as metioned in previous post anyone can sign up and get silver straight away. Seeing as there is now wait lists for the "premium" memberships for some of the big Vic clubs, an AFL membership is the best alternative.

There should be a cap on silver members, make them sit in bronze until a spot opens up.

Think I will write a strongly worded albeit poorly written and punctuated email to AFL Membership to try and get some answers.

Bronze would help a bit
My membership is Bronze and couldn't get a ticket. My 3yo has an under 7's membership and her barcode worked
That's just for big games/finals. I imagine I will be able to get a saints ticket with my bronze

5 years would be sufficient then automatically silver.

The number of Silver members have no effect on GF tickets. They only get a chance at a ticket once all Gold Members have had a chance. What's wrong with that.
I think people feel it is an issue for other finals.

correct me if i am wrong but in terms of the GF the two competing clubs supporters get first crack at the AFL member tickets, but only 60%?(??) of the tickets are put up. A bit later the other 40%(??) go up to the other gold members, and if there are any left that trickles down to silver clubs support etc etc.

I really think the issue is the volume of silver members, as metioned in previous post anyone can sign up and get silver straight away. Seeing as there is now wait lists for the "premium" memberships for some of the big Vic clubs, an AFL membership is the best alternative.

There should be a cap on silver members, make them sit in bronze until a spot opens up.

Think I will write a strongly worded albeit poorly written and punctuated email to AFL Membership to try and get some answers.
I thought silver membership was capped at 30k (same as Full members)? I remember they asked Members about this a few years back as to whether they should remove the cap on Silver members but they ended up keeping it (and bringing in Bronze membership from memory).

When I joined in 2012 there was a cap but it was never reached when they used to publish those list with member numbers by Club of support.
From memory the cap was 30000 members, including Gold. Maybe it still exists.

I thought silver membership was capped at 30k (same as Full members)? I remember they asked Members about this a few years back as to whether they should remove the cap on Silver members but they ended up keeping it (and bringing in Bronze membership from memory).
Weren't the advertising AFL membership with them saying the Silver cap was nearly reached?
When I signed up 7 years ago that was part of why I went Silver instead of Bronze

Weren't the advertising AFL membership with them saying the Silver cap was nearly reached?
When I signed up 7 years ago that was part of why I went Silver instead of Bronze
I didn't realise Bronze was a standalone, elective membership. I thought it was a wait list membership until there were vacancies in Silver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back