AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine yesterday, there were so few AFL club support members that I had to ring up (same for the past 4 years now). Just select my seat, P18. My mate who is non competing full member got P17 this morning so very decent seats.

In regards to checking, a friend of mine who is Silver went in on his parents full gold membership to the GF last year. Got checked at the gate and subsequently got his parents bumped back to silver members. Also they had no rights to tickets for this years finals as punishment as well.

Are you saying he flashed their full membership card, or that he showed them the silver, and they found his tickets were purchased with full?

Well that sucks. Were they bumped to the back of the queue or was it a one year "suspension" on Silver?

They've been put back to the very start of the silver waiting list so will another 10+ years before they get full membership again. Also, as silver competing club support they can't get access to a GF ticket as further punishment just for this year.

I certainly don't lend mine out.

Are you saying he flashed their full membership card, or that he showed them the silver, and they found his tickets were purchased with full?

They checked the ticket and asked for his membership and ID. The ticket was a full member ticket and he only had a Silver membership on him so guy checking figured out pretty quickly it wasn't his.

They checked the ticket and asked for his membership and ID. The ticket was a full member ticket and he only had a Silver membership on him so guy checking figured out pretty quickly it wasn't his.

Cheers for the intel.

so if i give my brothers membership and ticket to a mate and they ask him to show identification. If he says he has no id on him, surely the membership and ticket for that membership are ok?

so if i give my brothers membership and ticket to a mate and they ask him to show identification. If he says he has no id on him, surely the membership and ticket for that membership are ok?

Does he look in any way like your brother?

If not, get him to practice his signature.

Does he look in any way like your brother?

If not, get him to practice his signature.

no he doesn't and there is no signature on the membership so he could make one up. Surely if they have a ticket and a membership that matches the ticket that will be enough?

no he doesn't and there is no signature on the membership so he could make one up. Surely if they have a ticket and a membership that matches the ticket that will be enough?

I've heard of them doing signature checks. Can easily retain and verify after the fact.

I've heard of them doing signature checks. Can easily retain and verify after the fact.

i guess if they are so desperate to try and catch people. Hoping the membership and the ticket that matches that membership is enough. Thinking it will be.

i guess if they are so desperate to try and catch people. Hoping the membership and the ticket that matches that membership is enough. Thinking it will be.

He has a low probability of a very bad outcome. The trick is to minimise the risk as much as possible, i.e. stall a bit walking to the turnstiles, buying time to see if there are any apparent inspectors on the other side (and pretending he lost his ticket if he sees anything sus).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to be able to verify the name against the membership. Driver's licence, bank card etc

I think you should be able to transfer to immediate family. Seems a bit ridiculous you cant.

The issue lies around the fact AFL membership entitles you to 40 games a season. In theory if you could say nominate 1 person to transfer the ticket to there is no reason why I couldn't go halves with a mate and get to all our Melbourne based games between the two of us and effectively half the price of membership.

If the AFL were serious they'd go the way of the MCC and get picture's etc on the membership card. I think it'll go this way in the future.

They have absolutely stepped up checking over the past year or two. I was checked just the other week at Richmond v North quarter final

The issue lies around the fact AFL membership entitles you to 40 games a season. In theory if you could say nominate 1 person to transfer the ticket to there is no reason why I couldn't go halves with a mate and get to all our Melbourne based games between the two of us and effectively half the price of membership.

If the AFL were serious they'd go the way of the MCC and get picture's etc on the membership card. I think it'll go this way in the future.

They have absolutely stepped up checking over the past year or two. I was checked just the other week at Richmond v North quarter final

The other reason why they check - and need to - is to ensure membership isn't used to simply scalp tickets each year. They depend on the majority of members not wanting to go each year, and not having the threat of penalties hanging over your head, too many would do it.

The website has published that a limited number of tickets will be available for Silver Members from 9am tomorrow morning- good luck West Coast & Hawks fans!

Remember, if you are legitimate, make sure you catch their eye and get checked. Waste time, let people get in whilst you waste their time.

Help your fellow man out!
Maybe start an argument about their legal right to check you, might be able to get a few around you.

Remember, if you are legitimate, make sure you catch their eye and get checked. Waste time, let people get in whilst you waste their time.

Help your fellow man out!

No.

People should be wanting to help out their fellow AFL members. If everyone played by the rules, then most of the time the club supporters with silver memberships are going to get seats.

I have no interest in assisting non members to keep a seat when they shouldn't have been able to get one ahead of me.

No.

People should be wanting to help out their fellow AFL members. If everyone played by the rules, then most of the time the club supporters with silver memberships are going to get seats.

I have no interest in assisting non members to keep a seat when they shouldn't have been able to get one ahead of me.

Just giving the punters a taste of the good life.

The website has published that a limited number of tickets will be available for Silver Members from 9am tomorrow morning- good luck West Coast & Hawks fans!

Between the total number of Hawthorn (4,158) and West Coast (288) AFL Club Support members you would imagine that a significant portion of both club support members would get a ticket...

Interestingly this is the first year Hawthorn's AFL Club Support members couldn't enroll in the Hawthorn GF ballot so I assume there probably 1,000 to 2,000 Hawk Club Support members that will miss out this time around

In 2012 and 2014 the AFL members reserve went to general silver members before 'selling out' on Tuesday afternoon

Between the total number of Hawthorn (4,158) and West Coast (288) AFL Club Support members you would imagine that most would get a ticket...

Interestingly this is the first year Hawthorn's AFL Club Support members couldn't enroll in the Hawthorn GF ballot so I assume there probably 1,000 to 2,000 Hawk Club Support members that will miss out this time around

Not necessarily. Remember that half the Hawks members are full, so would never enrol in the ballot to begin with (shit seats that cost more than AFL Member prices). Then consider that few AFL members would pay for a silver or gold seat, hence would be P3. P3 didn't get any tickets last year (hence it was rightly scrapped), so the silver members would all have needed to rely on the AFL Members release.

Ipso facto no real difference.

They've been put back to the very start of the silver waiting list so will another 10+ years before they get full membership again. Also, as silver competing club support they can't get access to a GF ticket as further punishment just for this year.

I certainly don't lend mine out.

That sucks :(

A few years ago same thing happened to me, but it was only 12 months on Silver. Gave it to a mate for the 2010 GF. Was Gold again by 2012.

Thankfully Melbourne wasn't in the finals lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back