AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So question. I have two AFL Member tickets on ground level and now looks likely we are not going so they won't be used. Can another 'AFL Member' use those tickets, or can they only be used by the persons barcode who purchased them?

As in, if you get carded do they just want to see an AFL membership card?

So question. I have two AFL Member tickets on ground level and now looks likely we are not going so they won't be used. Can another 'AFL Member' use those tickets, or can they only be used by the persons barcode who purchased them?

As in, if you get carded do they just want to see an AFL membership card?
The physical tickets have no link to which membership bought them. Should be fine.

If it's raining on Friday you should be able to pick up some tickets at the gate. I know my wife won't want to go as we are sitting in 2A and most likely won't get rain cover. I would prob end up trying to offload them outside the ground then going home.
Unless she's a Tiger or Cats supporter (poor you) you shouldn't have tickets.

Cats and Tigers AFL members pay as much all other AFL members.

The Grand Finalist team's AFL members get priority which is fair enough, I don't think we need to start doing it for all finals.
What we shouldn't be doing however is giving everyone the opportunity to purchase 4 guest passes per membership especially for what was always going to be a high demand game. It will be easier for cats and tiger fans to get tickets to watch their team in the grand final then for this game. I know a few cats and tigers afl members who missed getting a ticket and that's just not right.

What we shouldn't be doing however is giving everyone the opportunity to purchase 4 guest passes per membership especially for what was always going to be a high demand game. It will be easier for cats and tiger fans to get tickets to watch their team in the grand final then for this game. I know a few cats and tigers afl members who missed getting a ticket and that's just not right.

Agree with this, they need to work out a way to allocate tickets to members without defining an exact seat (maybe just confirm a bay/region).

Let people request guest passes they want at the time, make sure every member gets a seat, then start shuffling to fit in the guests where they can.

Agree with this, they need to work out a way to allocate tickets to members without defining an exact seat (maybe just confirm a bay/region).

Let people request guest passes they want at the time, make sure every member gets a seat, then start shuffling to fit in the guests where they can.
Good idea in theory however I think that would be very hard logistically.

Good idea in theory however I think that would be very hard logistically.

It's not easy, I work for a software company where we do something similar with stock allocation taking into account priorities of customers, delivery windows, product substitution etc.

It's basically a "soft allocation" and if Ticketek & the AFL were fair dinkum about supporting the AFL Members ticketing process they would develop it within months.

On another note, has anyone else here got their tickets for the AFL Members dining room yet?

I've received 2 separate confirmation emails but no tickets as yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On another note, has anyone else here got their tickets for the AFL Members dining room yet?

I've received 2 separate confirmation emails but no tickets as yet.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep I'm in the dining room tmrw night and have my tickets, My brother organized getting them so I don't know when he got them but he sent mine to me yesterday.

An hour before the sale started they changed the limit to 2 guest passes for level 4 and zero passes for all other levels, it's not like half the reserve is going to be full of guests, but yes maybe the limit should have been 1 or none for this game.

I think the main reason people missed out was the Ticketek system crapping itself at 9am and not working properly until 9:30am by which time many people had given up thinking it was sold out. I was lucky enough to still be on the system trying at 9:30 when it started running like a dream. Even if there were zero guest passes for this game there still would have been heaps of Cats/Tigers missing out due to the Ticketek stuff up - that's really what people need to be complaining to the AFL about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One guest pass for finals ffs, it isn't that hard nor unfair.
For finals between two Victorian sides I agree 100%. Any families that would want to go they would typically all be signed up as AFL members anyway. Going out with a full AFL member I realised quite quickly I was better off signing up than forking out for guest passes each week, especially come finals time.

It's not easy, I work for a software company where we do something similar with stock allocation taking into account priorities of customers, delivery windows, product substitution etc.

It's basically a "soft allocation" and if Ticketek & the AFL were fair dinkum about supporting the AFL Members ticketing process they would develop it within months.

How much would something like this cost?

Assuming both parties would need to engage an external with expertise.

How much would something like this cost?

Assuming both parties would need to engage an external with expertise.

Without knowing the first thing about their software and how it is written, it could be anywhere from $100k to $1m for the modification. The main variable being the location of their software development team (Australia, Asia or India).

Regardless, Ticketek is an Australian company, their biggest contract is with the MCG with the AFL contributing the bulk of events there.

AFL Membership generates at least $30m per year, plus reserved seating packages and guest passes etc so it is a significant part of their business.

Bottom line is Ticketek won't do it unless the AFL push hard/pay for it. Do the AFL care enough or are they happy to make a little bit more cash on guests passes and wear the fury of the AFL members that miss out?

What kind of pussy doesn't rock up to a much anticipated final on a Friday night at the 'G because it's cold?

Atmosphere will be really good, a chance to see something pretty rare, and all in all would be good fun to have a few amberies before and after in Richmond proper.

Seriously I've been to Queen's Birthday games, stayed until the end for Dees - Suns dead rubbers on Sunday nights. So what? It's footy. Not much better than a walk to the 'G in the cold wearing your thickest Carhartt and a beanie, excited for a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back