AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11th is key.
Once the Vic government work out what they doing about restrictions then, the AFL it a position to really plan ahead. Right now the AFL is in virtual limbo like rest of us. I expect some communication soon after that as to how it effects our membership we paying for this season. Like many I expect it will be about a lot of our payments for this season just go towards next season membership and we pay less next year to continue our membership. That way the league and clubs have more funds this year when they need them most and can plan for getting less next year and keep cutting costs going forward internally knowing they will have reduced revenue in 2021.

It will be interesting to see what the AFL Membership Dept does and the discussion that it creates. For those to take a Club Support, some of our funds are to go to the specific Club and may have already to paid to the clubs.

If there were to be no crowds allowed to the 2020 season and the AFL were to give refunds or deferrals I would imagine ithe amount to be no more than the difference between the amount paid and the 2020 Absentee membership fee.

I was worried about my losing my spot in the waitlist and having to pay another signup fee if I didn't complete payment(s) by May 29 so I sent them an email a few weeks ago. The response which I just got back said that standard cut off dates will not apply this season and they will provide options specific to each members situation when they can.

Full refund or full credit is surely going to be overwhelmingly favoured options if no games can be attended.
I clicked option for full credit for 2021 but hesitated and was drawn towards partial credit as I do want my club getting the part if it meant for them for 2020 even if an actual game I could not attend but seeing as the AFL did not specify that and my own club changed some of conditions itself without my knowledge I clicked on full credit in the end to be used for 2021 season.

I do like the question "Have you reduced your spending" Yes. I'm not blowing hundreds going to the footy!
Full refund or full credit is surely going to be overwhelmingly favoured options if no games can be attended.
I clicked full credit to no fans and partial if we were allowed in.

I clicked option for full credit for 2021 but hesitated and was drawn towards partial credit as I do want my club getting the part if it meant for them for 2020 even if an actual game I could not attend but seeing as the AFL did not specify that and my own club changed some of conditions itself without my knowledge I clicked on full credit in the end to be used for 2021 season.
I doubt a partial credit would mean the clubs get the other portion.

I went full but mainly because there was no follow up to partial credit. If partial got the most support yet it was only 10-20%, I don’t think that’s what most people are thinking.

If no games are able to be attended and a credit of 50% was applied to next year, I’d be happy enough.

Full credit/refund then you can give the club portion directly to the club yourself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went full but mainly because there was no follow up to partial credit. If partial got the most support yet it was only 10-20%, I don’t think that’s what most people are thinking.

If no games are able to be attended and a credit of 50% was applied to next year, I’d be happy enough.

I'd expect the partial credit to be in line with games available to he attended. So if supporters are able to attend 2 rounds and finals I'd expect about 75% refund/credit

Full credit/refund then you can give the club portion directly to the club yourself
I am not after a refund. I want the money already spent used this year to help my football club, if it can. No clubs in football are going to flush with cash reserves this year. Getting refunds right now, not ideal unless I was short myself. Rather get credit for next year if no games to be attended this season. But yes, your version can still help.

I am not after a refund. I want the money already spent used this year to help my football club, if it can. No clubs in football are going to flush with cash reserves this year. Getting refunds right now, not ideal unless I was short myself. Rather get credit for next year if no games to be attended this season. But yes, your version can still help.

I selected the "credit" option as well, whether I get a refund or its put towards next year's fees is irrelevant I'm still going to sign up next year (assuming things back to normal) so it doesn't make a difference.

I did like one of the choices of why you are an AFL member: “to support the AFL and my club.”

Yeah, I totally buy my membership each year, so I can contribute to Gil’s pile of coke.

I noticed they piggybacked the AFL onto the clubs a few times, without being able to choose separately.
Ultimately we all pay mostly to attend games and a saving on what we would pay if we were not members.
That was what I had for the major reason.

Ultimately we all pay mostly to attend games and a saving on what we would pay if we were not members.

But they are trying to ride on the sentiment of club loyalty.

Basically they are framing it as “think about why you have a membership. If your primary reason to support your club, think twice about asking for a refund.”

It’s bullshit, when the bulk of an AFL membership goes to the AFL. I sure as hell don’t have mine to support the AFL, but the survey didn’t give me that option. And if I get a refund, I will putting that money back into Richmond.

But they are trying to ride on the sentiment of club loyalty.

Basically they are framing it as “think about why you have a membership. If your primary reason to support your club, think twice about asking for a refund.”
True, the framing was limited.All you have to do is ask yourself why you become a member originally and you got your answer. I did not join to simply become a league member, I attended games already and just pick the most value members for my attending habits that made sense. So in the end, it comes back to primary reason is to attend games and save money in whatever format you know is available, I do not pay to attend no games. So whatever payments I had this year I want to be used for next season as credit, if cannot attend games this season.

Access to finals tickets is the main one. I would take out a club membership if not for this. In 2018 it would've cost me $160 to go to the two finals in Melbourne and then another $400 for the GF if we made it. And I probably wouldn't have had seats right on the wing a few rows from the fence. As an AFL member it cost me $40 and would've been around $200 for a GF ticket I'd we made it. That's a difference of around $320 and I wouldn't have access to all the other games I might want to go to during the year either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back