AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard a rumour that the AFL is selling off AFL members area seats to corporates for things such as AFL Grand Final and the actual number of Gold members is lessening every season to well under 30k.

Does anyone know of there is truth to this?

To my knowledge, this has been happening for a decade at least. One of the reasons there is zero transparency on seating.

This Sunday Collingwood/North game, there is limited GA scanning available. Will I be able to scan in when the gates open then scan back out and come back later?

Yes. Once you have scanned in you are in. Doesn't matter if it's a sell out, your space is yours.

I used to do this a lot when Bomber games sold out at Etihad. I'd scan in at 5, walkin and walk out, then get a beer and feed and head back for the bounce.

It's come to my attention this weekend that people sitting in N27 on Level 2 at the MCG are medallion club.

Pretty soon at this rate the entire level will be medallion club only. Only 1 and a bit bays left for us unwashed to try and buy tickets in.

It's come to my attention this weekend that people sitting in N27 on Level 2 at the MCG are medallion club.

Pretty soon at this rate the entire level will be medallion club only. Only 1 and a bit bays left for us unwashed to try and buy tickets in.
Its come to your attention?

N15-N22 and N26-N28 have been medallion club for over 5 years now.

And a fair number of bays in P level also, starting from the eastern end of the Reserve, i.e. the better seats on the wing.
Ye I know, p15 1/2 - p21 are medallion club too and some of level 1 undercover too. Just taking our best seats away from us as usual. Maybe we will be lucky to access the reserve after the stand is rebuilt

Ye I know, p15 1/2 - p21 are medallion club too and some of level 1 undercover too. Just taking our best seats away from us as usual. Maybe we will be lucky to access the reserve after the stand is rebuilt
End of the day, we pay about 500 a year for a membership (no idea how much it is) and can upgrade on GF for a couple hundred dollars. People will come no matter what. And the AFL know it. They will offer as much as they need to do get us to buy. When there is a 20 year wait list, why would they work too hard for us?

I was looking for my waitlist number in my account details and found this entry on my invoice page.
23WAIT
Tue • Oct 31, 2023 • 08:00 PMAUD 0.00
Sec WAIT
Quantity: 1

Anyone know what this is?

I was looking for my waitlist number in my account details and found this entry on my invoice page.
23WAIT
Tue • Oct 31, 2023 • 08:00 PMAUD 0.00
Sec WAIT
Quantity: 1

Anyone know what this is?

It just means your on the waitlist for gold, I asked about it when I got mine

We’re getting closed to upgrade season though, only a few weeks away!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like it's annual AFL Member survey time. I listed my usual gripes of second-class seating compared to Medallion Club; Ticketek related booking woes and agglomerating four weeks of matches into one release date and time; the AFL Member's Reserve seating being diluted by AFL corporate partner freebies; and interstate stadium members having access to the Reserve while AFL Members have no reciprocal rights to seats at the same interstate stadia.

I'm curious about the timing of the survey as it's normally towards the end of the year, from memory. Is it before the offers of upgrades are made so that disgruntled members that miss out don't provide more honest, critical feedback? FWIW, I can't fault the team members that I've called for various queries over the years, and I gave them top marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I went to the F1GP they were doing surveys on the public transport network and how it held up. On GP Thursday. I told the lovely lady that I would take a pic of the QR and fill it in on Monday after the event had concluded, she laughed at me. Glad I did pic the QR, never saw those folk with their clipboards again for the rest of the weekend. And as you'd expect travel and queues were astronomical. Am sure they're running with some mighty fine feedback of the event, from the Thursday data when nobody was there.

Anyone know what the AFL mean when the reference the AFL members bar. The email last week had that the AFL members bar would be closed for the King's birthday game due to being donated to the Fight MND for the day. So I made other plans believing they meant the Hayden Bunton Bar on level B1. A bloke I go with mentioned he went down and checked and that was open for AFL members to use.

So what the hell bar where the AFL talking about.

Anyone know what the AFL mean when the reference the AFL members bar. The email last week had that the AFL members bar would be closed for the King's birthday game due to being donated to the Fight MND for the day. So I made other plans believing they meant the Hayden Bunton Bar on level B1. A bloke I go with mentioned he went down and checked and that was open for AFL members to use.

So what the hell bar where the AFL talking about.
The bar on N level

Looks like it's annual AFL Member survey time. I listed my usual gripes of second-class seating compared to Medallion Club; Ticketek related booking woes and agglomerating four weeks of matches into one release date and time; the AFL Member's Reserve seating being diluted by AFL corporate partner freebies; and interstate stadium members having access to the Reserve while AFL Members have no reciprocal rights to seats at the same interstate stadia.

I'm curious about the timing of the survey as it's normally towards the end of the year, from memory. Is it before the offers of upgrades are made so that disgruntled members that miss out don't provide more honest, critical feedback? FWIW, I can't fault the team members that I've called for various queries over the years, and I gave them top marks.
I list those evey year too for all the good it does, they clearly don't give a stuff because it keeps happening/getting worse.

On top of that I'll list the sub standard facilities/food options and the lack of transparency around club support numbers and the waitlist which I suspect are related. For example if there are 30k full members and 2k drop off, 2k members on the waitlist are offered upgrades. But if only 1k of them take it up the offer is not extended to the next 1k people in the queue so there are only 29k full members the following year. It doesn't add up.

When do upgrade offers happen, it's usually around now, right?

The AFL members bar at Marvel is now the AFL Members Bar and Bistro.

You can now order food.
Caesar Salad. 25
Fish and Chips. 29
Burger and Chips. 27
Vegetable Samosa Burger. 22
Chicken Parma. 33
Meatballs. 22
Crunchy Fries. 9

And two kids meals for 15.

Orders end at the end of Half Time.

Just looking at what has been coming out.
Fries. About pub size.
Parma. On the small side. Would expect more for 33
Burgers. On the small side. Stadium side just slightly bigger. Could be better for 27/22
The kids crumbed chicken and chips. OK for a kid I guess
Fish and Chips. Looks about the same as the pub

I like the security guard on the door who is normally there. I showed him my membership card.

He said some didn't get thiers. I told him you had to ask for it. His response.
" that's bullshit you have to ask for it. You pay 600 700 bucks they should give it out"
Looking at the menu a couple weeks the AFL Bistro doesn't appear to be a roaring success.

They've dropped a couple of menu items.

They only do food for night games as well

Looking at the menu a couple weeks the AFL Bistro doesn't appear to be a roaring success.

They've dropped a couple of menu items.

They only do food for night games as well

With exception to an over-priced parma, looks like it's what you can buy out in the concourse, but for twice the price.

The setup last year was fantastic and fairly reasonable on price. So they stopped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back