AFL Stars of the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by leonmagic
Luke Ball should definately be thrown into the same breath as Judd and Riewoldt - he is simply amazing.
There's quite a swag of decent young talent about.

But Luke Ball is the pick of them for me.

Originally posted by Stegelator
wouldn't get a game on any other team...

houlihan,

wouldnt get a game in any other team, you have just shown what a judge you are of A.F.L football.

mate think for yourself watch the kid, at 22 he will play 200 odd games of football ( and that is no soft feat)

no softer than from your type writer

you HARDBALL man

Have to agree with everyone who said Luke Ball. He plays like hes been around for 5 years. Pure class.

Dal Santo could be just as good.

From the Roos, obviously Wells and Motlop could be stars - all the potential to be freakishly magical players. We've got other kids who could be excellent players but these two are the standouts for the extra star quality.

Tom Davidson looked fantastic on Saturday - hope he gets the knees right, and I can see whay the Pies are willing to stick with him and see if he comes right. (Apart from being such nice people, I mean.)

No-one named Houlihan will be a star. Sorry, but there it is.

Ok. The guys that are going to be your equivalent of your Voss, Buckley, Hird, Crawford, Mcleod, Cousins, R.Harvey, ex Carey etc are as follows: Pavlich and Goodes, Tarrant, Tredrea, Brown are already there and are hitting their peak

Judd
Riewoldt
Salopek
Cooney
Sylvia
Mitchell
Ball
Wells
Brennan
Ebert
Embley

Next best bracket:

Dal Santo
Rivers
Davey
Sansbury
Motlop
Reilly
J.Mcveigh
Hartigan
Sandilands (I agree with him being the best tap ruckman but overall mobility is a tiny prob...a hitout machine in the future)
Hodge

Plenty more in there too, bit tough to pick though.

Originally posted by Thunderstruck
Ok. The guys that are going to be your equivalent of your Voss, Buckley, Hird, Crawford, Mcleod, Cousins, R.Harvey, ex Carey etc are as follows: Pavlich and Goodes, Tarrant, Tredrea, Brown are already there and are hitting their peak

Judd
Riewoldt
Salopek
Cooney
Sylvia
Mitchell
Ball
Wells
Brennan
Ebert
Embley

Next best bracket:

Dal Santo
Rivers
Davey
Sansbury
Motlop
Reilly
J.Mcveigh
Hartigan
Sandilands (I agree with him being the best tap ruckman but overall mobility is a tiny prob...a hitout machine in the future)
Hodge

Plenty more in there too, bit tough to pick though.

Dunno why you put Ebert and Sylvia because they are yet to really prove themselves. Surely Ablett and Dal Santo would be in the top bracket with the likes of Judd.

Originally posted by labrooy
I couldn't see Mick Malthouse trying to get Ryan Houlihan to the maggies. We have enough unaccountable soft players now, why would we need another?

How about a half back flanker that can hit a target? No your right! Stick with R.Shaw. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most posts in this section have been very biased and lack any real credidability. Half the players in the league are going to be stars according to this thread.

Here is a critical analysis, please correct me where you have something constructive to add.

Didak - will be a very good player at Collingwood as a small forward but he isn't going to be a superstar.

Ebert - hasn't proved anything.

Embley - decent player that I haven't seen much of.

Brennan - only time will tell if his poor kicking will prevent him being a superstar. Certainly has all the creditials except a good kick.

Sandilands - agree on the mobility comment and i think while being a useful player he will just be that a useful player no star in the making.

Hartigan - hasn't proved much.

Houlihan - could be a star, tore us apart on the weekend.

From teams other than your own who do u think will be a star? I thought Tenace was good from my team and with 12 possesions and a goal may just sneak in for the rising star award this round.

Would one consider Paul Haselby as a star of the future, Or a Paul Medhurst?? Dont even get me started on Graham Polak or Luke McPharlin :rolleyes:

Tom Davidson. :(

If Crawford has an off year Sam Mitchell will go very close to that best and fairest award.

Throw in the usual suspects: Riewoldt, Judd, Polak, Dal Santo, Ball, Winderlich.

Adrian DeLuca????

I havent seen many St.Kilda games this year where are ball and dal santo mainly playing and how much game time are they getting??

Originally posted by AD_03
Adrian DeLuca????

I havent seen many St.Kilda games this year where are ball and dal santo mainly playing and how much game time are they getting??

They take there turn in the midfeild probably play most of the game.

Dal Santo only played 8 game's last year because of injury but in that time he avraged 21 possesions a game. His best assets are his skills and the fact he seems to have so much time with the ball. He is fantastic in heavy trafic he moves like Harvey no one can lay a glove on him. Good takeler as well.

Luke Ball is just a ball magnet I can see him racking up 40+ touches consistantly in the future and he rarely wastes a kick.

Originally posted by SaInts SKill
I reckon Nick Dal Santo will be one of the best midfelders in the AFL within 3 seasons.

He is just so classy no one can lay a hand on him it's like play moves in slow motion around him.

He has magnificent skills as well.

Honestly he is imposible to takle.

Ditto...this guy isn't spoken about as much as the other Sainter youngsters but this guy is a gun and will most probably turn out in years to come to better than them all.

I would also put Coughlan in the very good class (not yet elite but has potential).

The thing that is really impressive about Dal Santo is the fact that despite his awsome desposal skills and evasive skills he is really hard at the ball and is not afraid to get his hands dirty.

last year he avraged about 4 takles a game and in one match he layed 9 takels and a few weeks later 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Stars of the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back