OZBomb

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2005
Hobart, Tasmania
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Ham United
The AFL will hit new Brisbane Lions star forward Brendan Fevola with a long suspension if he is found to have sexually assaulted a woman on Brownlow Medal night.

AFL football manager Adrian Anderson says the league has encouraged the female journalist who is the subject of the allegations made against the Coleman Medallist to come forward.

But he said so far she had been unwilling to do so, with the AFL's ability to take the case further in her hands.

"We take the allegations about Brendan Fevola extremely seriously," Anderson said in Adelaide.

"We've spoken to the woman concerned. We're ready, willing and able to take further action as soon as she would like to talk to us.

"At this stage, the woman concerned doesn't wish to talk to us.

"We've provided assistance in the form of support and counselling, but we're in her hands at the moment.

"If we find a player has sexually assaulted a female we'll have no hesitation in suspending that player and giving them a decent holiday.

Full Article - http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26218692-5018851,00.html

Well, sucks to be Brisbane.

"We've spoken to the woman concerned. "At this stage, the woman concerned doesn't wish to talk to us.

That's a lawyer for you. Did she write down that she didn't want to talk or is this actually a lie Adrian? :p

Weak leadership at Brisbane. I know he is good with the kids but they need to take action and discipline him. Out for the first few rounds will do for a start.

BAHAHAHAH
2rpz4a1.jpg

COMPLIMENTS OF G. SWAN AND S. TICKS.
HAHHHAHAHA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when Greg Williams came to Carlton in 1992 our good mate Collo suspended him for 6 matches for some dodgy deal while still a Swans player. So there is a precedent.

I've got no doubt that the AFL [official persecutors of the Blues] would have stitched us up if Fevola was still at Carlton. Insipid response due to the fact that he's now at Brisbane. Let's hope something forces the AFL to act. I'd love to see the looks on their collective faces as they handed down the sentence. 'Angry' might even don the black hanky for the occasion.

Did you guys hear the story of what the journalist concerned was actually doing on brownlow night? Some dude on SEN (I know I know) but he was the host of the show, not a caller, said that she was there to "trail him all night and wait for something to happen".

This might explain the reluctance to pursue this on her part. Just a hypothetical, but imagine if Fev felt that she was going too far with her "trail" and followed her into the toilet to "let her know how it felt". There'd be a lot of people who have been the target of media pursuit who could relate to that.

Given that everything we've seen of Fev on the night amounts to stupid gestures and over-the-top attempts at humour, it kinda fits.

Not that it justifies anything, but the HUN and the journo could come off looking rather silly if it's something like this.

Imagine if Brendan is banned, we land Bradshaw, Henderson and pick 12....:eek: :D :D

Gotta smile at dat one

Still can't believe Brisbane didn't have some sort of "if this happens" clause in there somewhere. **** 'em! :)

Diesel got done for draft tampering I think. Writing letters to clubs etc...?

Have you got a copy of the "The History of the Carlton Football Club from 1864" by Brian Hansen. Excellent history of the Mighty Blues. Lengthy explanation regarding the suspension. Carlton and Williams were penalised for payments made outside of the salary cap while he a Swans player. Suspended until 30 April [Williams], Carlton was fined $25,000 [not sure why?], the Swans were fined a conditional $50,000 [not sure what was conditional].

Wow.....what a scoop from FOXsports.

Adrain Anderson makes these comments exactly one week ago at the trade deadline........on an incident that happened nearly 2 weeks prior to that.......and nothing has hapenned since........

Then.....the comments are typed.....placed in a bottle....cast into the ocean.....where a wiley FOXsports "news" manager picks it up, drinks the contents of the bottle (allegedly) and then comes up with this scoop.

There is an award for this type of journalism..........(Darwin :cool:)

Wow.....what a scoop from FOXsports.

Adrain Anderson makes these comments exactly one week ago at the trade deadline........on an incident that happened nearly 2 weeks prior to that.......and nothing has hapenned since........

Then.....the comments are typed.....placed in a bottle....cast into the ocean.....where a wiley FOXsports "news" manager picks it up, drinks the contents of the bottle (allegedly) and then comes up with this scoop.

There is an award for this type of journalism..........(Darwin :cool:)

Hey he might be a shonky journo but leave darwin outta this , first cyclone tracy now this !!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL to hit Brendan Fevola with Long ban if guilty of sexual assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Back