Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 2/3 days, nobody actually knows what is going on. I could do without:
a) supporters from opposition clubs loading over Essendon's problems
b) people acting like they know exactly what's going on, and are sure Essendon will be pinged
c) Essendon supporters who are so sure nothing is wrong that they're spending hours of time waiting for updates/replying to speculation on a forum

The internet. I don't think it's for you.;)

After 2/3 days, nobody actually knows what is going on. I could do without:
a) supporters from opposition clubs loading over Essendon's problems
b) people acting like they know exactly what's going on, and are sure Essendon will be pinged
c) Essendon supporters who are so sure nothing is wrong that they're spending hours of time waiting for updates/replying to speculation on a forum
point b is very valid for few posters on here. And you can't blame us Essendon supporters on point c. It is our club.

A few things I take from that.

Referring to the 5 clubs at which Dank previously worked, no doubt.

What are the specific allegations that were made and which club? Is this referring to the systematic doping claim against Essendon that some read p.17 from the report to indicate?

Seems that injecting vitamins as McVeigh was saying is plausible.

Cricket Australia need to worry more about the upcoming ashes series that no one will be watching if they don't settle on a batting/bowling lineup!

She'll be feeling even 'sicker' when the election results are in!

That's how i read it as well.

Oh and i'll add how sick i'll feel knowing that Tony Abbott is my PM.

A great way to get your one stop fix and get it over with is to read through pages and pages and pages of claims,counterclaims,mud slinging and huuuuge porkie pies on bigfooty and be done with it when these big stories develop.
I'm over it.Sufficiently bored of the story already.
What's next?

LOL so now you're the only team to have over trained during a pre season in the history of the AFL? You're soft tissue injury problems weren't bad, they were abnormally bad to the point where it is very suspicious.
Have you seen our injury lists in the years prior to 2012? We overtrained players who already had a long history of injury problems. Lloyd said words to the effect of he believed we were doing things (related to training) in November that most clubs wait until January/February to do. We went too hard too fast, and paid the price in the 2nd half of the year.

Potentially. I have no medical background. But the practice sounds unconventional and I can't fathom how a dietary program and appropriate supplements (the legit kind) couldn't achieve the same result.
Absolutely it sounds suss. Which is why the players wanted consent forms to make sure everything was a ok - this was completely new to them too.

Most people don't have a job as physically demanding as footballers. Most people can get through their working day suffering from a cold or fatigue - I know I would rather go a day or two suffering from a runny nose than have an/multiple injections. But being under the weather could have a detremental effect on the performance of a professional athlete. I have also read that vitamin supplementation of any sort can have a positive effect on people working/training in high stress, physically demanding environments.

It has not been established when the stomach injections were done, and what was in them. I have no idea what the advantages or reasons for stomach injections are - I thought I had heard it may have had to do with some sort of 'blood thinning' research, but don't quote me on that. Also, Caro is the only person I've seen running with the stomach injections at all (I may stand corrected on this).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 days in and something is still confusing me.
Why would players ask for a consent form. By definition a consent form means they consent to taking the substances supplied by the club. if the club is signing the consent forms that means they consent to giving the players the substances. If the form was signed by the club to confirm the substances injected into the players was legit, well that would be a waiver. No wonder Kyle was confused and I'm guessing he wasn't the only one.

Also, Caro is the only person I've seen running with the stomach injections at all (I may stand corrected on this).
But but but according to your brethren everything Caro says is a FACT, or did something change from few pages ago :confused:

How else would you explain your clubs astonishingly abnormal soft tissue injury rate last year?

It was reported late last season (I can't remember which paper) that Dean Robinson was getting annoyed with some of the assistant coaches who were giving the players extra drills to do, either as homework for a new role or as punishment for slacking off/being late, outside his carefully balanced program.

A case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

That probably doesn't explain all the injuries, but it would lead to a domino effect. You lose some important players, so others pick up the slack, resulting in they themselves getting injuries.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...spected-drug-use/story-e6frf9jf-1226573886124

Nothing new, just more stuff to read.

At Essendon, several crisis meetings involving all the playing staff have been held, one of which was headed by Evans.

The players were told at one meeting the club did not know if they had been given banned drugs.

At the Hird meetings, the players were asked: Is there anything you need to tell us? Is there anything the club needs to know?

Each player answered no.

The way this is unfolding there won't be a single untainted flag left by the end of the weekend :eek:

If they are all tainted does that mean none are tainted. Jeez it's too late and my brain too alcohol effected to cope with existential philosophic shit.

Jesus 15 years ago!!

Let's not stop there how's about we go back to the 70's and 80's while we're at it.
Oh I'm sure by the end of this saga we'll be investigating how the Spartans held off such a large army for so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back