Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caro has just reported that Essendon ARE NOT the P.17 club.

Of course , as we have been told ad nauseum that this is just pure media speculation.

So we must wait for the full official outcomes before any more comment.

mmmkay?

This should be interesting because caro doesn't report facts

Caro has just reported that Essendon ARE NOT the P.17 club.

Of course , as we have been told ad nauseum that this is just pure media speculation.

So we must wait for the full official outcomes before any more comment.

mmmkay?

mtmImWs.jpg

Evans: "There's going to be a lot speculaiton, about our players, about our club and possible sanctions but remember not one of our players has not tested positive for any banned substance or performancing drugs"
wut

Caro article;
But Fairfax Media understands that Essendon was not the club singled out for ''team-based doping orchestrated by some club officials and coaching staff'''.

The use of the term Fairfax media is interesting by the chief AFL writer for Fairfax.
Sounds like she is basing it on info provided by another person rather than first hand knowledge.
So assuming it is correct, a leak provided to a journo covering another sport or an investigative team perhaps?

I just hope like hell that the Swans are not at all involved in this scandal. If we are then say goodbye to our 2012 premiership. In fact all it would take if for 1 Swan involved in the Grand Final to be linnked with taking performance enhancing drugs and there will be a shit storm.

Caro article;

The use of the term Fairfax media is interesting by the chief AFL writer for Fairfax.
Sounds like she is basing it on info provided by another person rather than first hand knowledge.
So assuming it is correct, a leak provided to a journo covering another sport or an investigative team perhaps?

Just typical journalism 101 mate. They all copy off each other..

FMD the AFL are no better than your local government or council,overpaid twats that have no idea about the real world.

Sack them all!!!

Caro article;

Some serious back-peddling by her. Did she not say something like "many AFL insiders believe Essendon is the club that was referred to in these reports" on Footy Classified?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the third part (on BF) of this saga since Thursday not even 48 hours since the "explosive report" was unleashed"
We have just spun our wheels for 5000+ plus posts.
No evidence is known by the public. The presser just whipped up a frenzy of hysteria.
Name and shame or get nicked. This is a waste of everyone's time so far.
Why didn't they just press charges with all their evidence instead of tabling the vague report
No one knows anything it's a joke.

Some serious back-peddling by her. Did she not say something like "many AFL insiders believe Essendon is the club that was referred to in these reports" on Footy Classified?

Watching FC I had no doubt she thought p17 was Essendon.
That's what makes me think she didn't get this info from her usual AFL sources (and hasn't seen the confidential sections of the report) and so uses, for her, the unusual phrase "Fairfax media understands".

Makes me inclined to think the club may not be an AFL team.
Which I'd hope we'd all be happy with.

Holy mackerel I picked a good time to leave OZ.. Chaos beyond belief! Time to put the heat on El Andrew and Co.

Watching FC I had no doubt she thought p17 was Essendon.
That's what makes me think she didn't get this info from her usual AFL sources (and hasn't seen the confidential sections of the report) and so uses, for her, the unusual phrase "Fairfax media understands".

Makes me inclined to think the club may not be an AFL team.
Which I'd hope we'd all be happy with.
Teffy and Terry don't like this

On a serious note, everything did point to Essendon being the club in question, even the most staunchest Bomber supporters suspected it being the case despite the bravado.
I'm starting to think we will never find out what club or what sport is being referred to on P17 of that report and it will stink of a massive cover up.

I'm yet to see any evidence. If it's all a s**tstorm whipped up to sell a few more papers I'll never buy a paper again.

Teffy and Terry don't like this

On a serious note, everything did point to Essendon being the club in question, even the most staunchest Bomber supporters suspected it being the case despite the bravado.
I'm starting to think we will never find out what club or what sport is being referred to on P17 of that report and it will stink of a massive cover up.
I would have no problem with that to be honest,the AFL has dropped the ball a long long time ago.We can't in reality go back and reset 150 years of footy.
Start now with a fresh slate and wake the **** up AFL!!!!
I like most supporters just want to see FOOTY!

I would have no problem with that to be honest,the AFL has dropped the ball a long long time ago.We can't in reality go back and reset 150 years of footy.
Start now with a fresh slate and wake the **** up AFL!!!!
I like most supporters just want to see FOOTY!

So how do you start with a fresh slate if they don't take a stand now
Cover ups achieve nothing and in fact is probably one of the major factors in why they have now arrived at this point.
I don't want to see players banned from the game especially if its through trust in your club rather than blatant cheating but what is needed now is transparency if they want any hope of a semblance of integrity returning to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back