Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
I don't see it but to be fair they've seen more of him than what i have (i didn't watch the final this year, but apparently he did some good stuff).

My thoughts are he's young and was taken pretty high in the 2nd rd not that long ago....i tend to think when they're contracted that should be close to the value. He managed a decent number of games this year so injury doesn't play a factor.

They want more than an F2, i'd want something back
Will be interesting how the clubs see it. GWS are under zero pressure to trade him. We aren't super desperate for him given we have Tippa, Dev & Snelling.

too right, anyone that thinks he's worth more than a 3rd pick are dreaming. His career high of 15 disposals and career high of 3 goals all came in his very first game, he's produced significantly lower averages and is yet to top either career high in 29 games since.

We all understand small forward is a tough spot to play and he has time on his side being 21yrs of age but he hasn't shown enough to justify over paying.

I don't see it but to be fair they've seen more of him than what i have (i didn't watch the final this year, but apparently he did some good stuff).

My thoughts are he's young and was taken pretty high in the 2nd rd not that long ago....i tend to think when they're contracted that should be close to the value. He managed a decent number of games this year so injury doesn't play a factor.

They want more than an F2, i'd want something back
Will be interesting how the clubs see it. GWS are under zero pressure to trade him. We aren't super desperate for him given we have Tippa, Dev & Snelling.

Don’t think GWS would listen to any offers that doesn’t involve our F2. Based on his output since being drafted I’d hope for a F4 coming back but given he’s contracted and they’re under no pressure to trade him it might be a straight swap. Depends how much we rate him.

I know he's contracted but from what I have digged up I don't really see anything worth more than a 3rd even with him being contracted, I'd rather pass. Still young though and I get where GWS are coming from since they put in all the ground work on him and everyone keeps coming in a picking their list apart, Must be frustraiting.

Don’t think GWS would listen to any offers that doesn’t involve our F2. Based on his output since being drafted I’d hope for a F4 coming back but given he’s contracted and they’re under no pressure to trade him it might be a straight swap. Depends how much we rate him.
completely agree
Wouldn't be unhappy with F2 for Hill + F4.

Plenty of 3rd party options out there to facilitate some sort of deal. GWS linked to Lobb & it seems Wingard too.
So hawks and freo could also get involved here.

If GWS are going for Wingard and Lobb, i wonder if we can get Hill for cheap by taking on another salary like Adam Kennedy to open up space for them

If GWS are going for Wingard and Lobb, i wonder if we can get Hill for cheap by taking on another salary like Adam Kennedy to open up space for them
Not sure Kennedy is in the right age bracket for us, especially considering list spots are still very tight.

too right, anyone that thinks he's worth more than a 3rd pick are dreaming. His career high of 15 disposals and career high of 3 goals all came in his very first game, he's produced significantly lower averages and is yet to top either career high in 29 games since.

We all understand small forward is a tough spot to play and he has time on his side being 21yrs of age but he hasn't shown enough to justify over paying.
We'll want to pay a F3.
GWS will want our F2.

It will fall somewhere in the middle. Something like:
- Trade our F2, and get late picks back for points next year.
- Or trade our F1, get back a 2nd this year and late picks for points next year.

If Hill’s performance has been as underwhelming as everyone seems to think, there’s no way he goes for a second rounder. Even GWS couldn’t seriously be after that much if he’s been so average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hill’s performance has been as underwhelming as everyone seems to think, there’s no way he goes for a second rounder. Even GWS couldn’t seriously be after that much if he’s been so average.
stats don't really inflate his value, but small forwards aren't all about the stats...
For anyone who has seen enough of him, i'd be keen to know what glimpses he's shown.

stats don't really inflate his value, but small forwards aren't all about the stats...
For anyone who has seen enough of him, i'd be keen to know what glimpses he's shown.

Search up his goal from the Semi Final against Geelong and some of his other highlights.

I haven't watched him that closely but from what I have seen he has good skills and is very clean with the ball.

Not really sure why he goes missing and whether that is more to do with the GWS forward structure and having a gun like Toby Greene in the same team.

Happy enough handing over a F2 for Hill if some late draft points are coming back.
All going well, that F2 would be gobbled up for Davey boys points anyway right?
Future points -> Hill and slightly less future points, sounds good to me
But we should keep 11 no matter what.

No doubt Jackets cooked up the 'compassionate' story. Not saying it is not at least partially true.

Of course this has been in the pipeline.

The scenario complete bullshit. If he wants to be released to come to Vic on compassionate grounds he should be open to going to 10 clubs.

I agree with Cornes. I would not let him leave.

Er, well his Vic-based girlfriend is pregnant. Not sure how Dodoro engineered that one but I suppose it's possible

She's apparently from WA too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back