Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd ask for double what McGrath got if I were him, so 12 years @1.4m per year?

do it jewish GIF

Is it a given Bolton is going West he leaves tiges? He'd look great in a red sash!
I imagine price will be high for him, but is rioli really that highly valued? Who else is looking likely to get traded out for tiges?

Is it a given Bolton is going West he leaves tiges? He'd look great in a red sash!
I imagine price will be high for him, but is rioli really that highly valued? Who else is looking likely to get traded out for tiges?
Bolton is the icing, we still need to bake the cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo’s a top 4 team that has 3 FRPs this year and has a gap at SF.

It’s as close to a given as it gets

I was ready to die on the Setterfield hill and I still think he’s best 22 and should be playing every week. But another non selection might suggest his papers are stamped
Caldwell and Durham are pretty much playing in his spot as inside midfielder and Hobbs would be in front of him too. He does have something to offer but I think he is in the que.

I was waiting for setterfield to get back because he adds so much defensive starch and size to the mid group, but when he knocked his knee in the carlton game it just felt to me like he is an injury waiting to happen, wonder if this is playing in the back of the mind of the coaching team?

Ok, Each time I do this it ends up changing but lets have a look.

Retire/Delist: Heppel, Goldstein, Weideman, Kelly and Wanganeen - All guys who need to be moved on to create space.

Re-Sign: Caldwell (four years) Jones and Guelfi (two years) Hind, Davey Jr, Davey, Hunter, Baldwin, El-Hawli and Visantini (one year) - Some of these are for the future and some are to provide good depth in the VFL and if injuries occur. Hunter and Baldwin have clear AFL traits and are young enough to go one more year on.

Upgrade: Menzie - Has the contract so moves to the main list

Delist and put on the rookie list: J Davey - Gets 1 more year on the rookie list to prove he can make it

Free Agent Signing: Harry Perryman from GWS - Pivot to bring in more talent in the backline/wing space and to allow us to push Martin back up the ground.

Trade: A future 3rd for Jacob Konstantly from the Swans - Defensive minded small forward with good speed who would benefit from a new place to ply his trade.

Trade: Shiel and a future 4th to St Kilda for #46 - Points for Kako

Trade: Stringer to Melbourne for #49 - Points for Kako and helps clear the glut of medium forwards we have.

Draft: Take picks #8, #29, #43 and #49 into the draft. - Take Bo Allen to become the grunt of the midfield. Grab Kako once he is bid on. After that plays out use one more pick to pick an elite running flanker.

Best 22

FB: McGrath McKay Ridley

CHB: Redman Reid Perryman

C: Martin Merrett Duursma

CHF: Davey Jr Jones Gresham

FF: Langford Caddy Kako

R: Draper Durham Caldwell

IC: Perkins Cox Parish Guelfi

Sub: Hobbs

The Rest

FB: Baldwin Laverde Lual

CHB: Allen Hayes #49

C: El-Hawli Tsatas Roberts

CHF: Menzie Hunter Hind

FF: Davey Wright Konstantly

R: Bryan Setterfield Allen

IC: Visinteni VFL VFL VFL

Scott loves Kelly, he isn’t going anywhere

Can kinda understand why, amongst players who seem like they don’t care, you know you’re going you’re getting 150% from Kelly and he’ll never stop running and cracking in.

There’s a bit of a glut in the backline but you’d probably go looking for a midfielder or small forward equivalent of Kelly as a pure run, grunt, effort player. Like a Bailey Banfield type or a more consistent Guelfi.

Melbourne and Oliver collectively could want out and Adelaide apparently doesn’t have the space to take him on and we do.

He’s on over a million dollars for five more years and is a huge off field risk over the span.

My thought is our list doesn’t have elite talent. We have depth, but that doesn’t do much for wins when no fans can actually agree on who’s actually best 22.

Apparently it would cost a second rounder to get Oliver at his contract.

I’m doing it but I’m also putting shiel setterfeild and parish on the trade table.

This creates space for Hobbs and tsatas to make the team and 2 elite mids in Oliver and Merrett

Melbourne and Oliver collectively could want out and Adelaide apparently doesn’t have the space to take him on and we do.

He’s on over a million dollars for five more years and is a huge off field risk over the span.

My thought is our list doesn’t have elite talent. We have depth, but that doesn’t do much for wins when no fans can actually agree on who’s actually best 22.

Apparently it would cost a second rounder to get Oliver at his contract.

I’m doing it but I’m also putting shiel setterfeild and parish on the trade table.

This creates space for Hobbs and tsatas to make the team and 2 elite mids in Oliver and Merrett
Clayton has too much baggage for mine .

Perfectly acceptable response, I’m not confident in Essendons ability in getting the best out of Oliver either.
Elite players don’t fall from trees though and I’m a risk taker.
If we had a better line up of leaders in the playing group I would be more inclined .

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back