Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Ouch thats a killer

One more spot further back for a potential Kako bid

but also, there were a clear top 8 for me that i thought everyone was seeing, although i have a 9 with Bo Allen

FOS
Lalor
Jagga
Draper
Smilie
Armstrong
Murphy Reid
Langford
Bo Allen (9)

I know others like Lindsay, Travaglia ect but there outside half back/wing types that have potential to be onballers down the track

So you were happy with his efforts this season? He’s a key forward, and chop out ruck, his role isn’t chop out ruck, otherwise we’d play a second ruck.

His role is to take marks and compete up forward, the rucking is a bonus.
And, as others have mentioned, he drops literally everything that comes his was, has zero physical presence, and is incapable of applying defensive pressure of any fashion (which is a killer in the modern game).

Also, he finally got dropped too, which means the club (rightly) expects more from him. The only reason he played so much this season was because Brad refuses to drop any senior player when out of form.
He wasn’t required to ruck because most weeks we carried two rucks alongside him.

I don’t rate wright that highly, In fact I don’t really rate any of our tall forwards bar caddy.

I’m proposing that we not rely on him as our number 1 forward target but use him as a second ruck. Allowing for us to play another runner.

The stage should be set for caddy to flourish.

I think he’s very capable of kicking 1 or 2 and chopping out the ruck and I think that’s much more serviceable than playing Bryan #1 with Draper forward.

Have to laugh at Bassett whinging about the system on Monday when Saints have made out like bandits two years in a row with the free agency compo.

squeaky wheel gets the oil

Ned McHenry delisted by Adelaide. Maybe it’s because I show zero interest in Adelaide but I thought he was a part of their quick skillful little forward line plans moving forward. Worth a look?

Yep, so clearly the Saints Presidents little hand wringing sook at their BnF has affected the AFL's compo "secret formula" and now we will definitely need to trade up the order to avoid a bid on Kako.

It really is imperative that we get another top10 pick AND Kako out of this draft.

I wonder what price West Coast would ask for Pick 3? Would 9 and 29 be enough?
No way, would you take 9 and 30 for Pick 3?

It might be the saints just getting a free pick 30 from us to move up 1 slot and avoid a bid

I'm all in on the Bo Allan train. Tall, speed, hard I like his left foot, leader, versatile mid/back.

If we can get him, then match a Kako bud, I'll be happy.

McCartney just on Trade Radio discussing Stringer interest, made me think of a Stringer and Shiel to Giants for Conor Stone and a pick to help us with Kako, seeing as they were just handed P16 for Perryman, they may be a little looser with a 2nd/3rd rounder coming back our way in the deal.....

Ouch thats a killer

One more spot further back for a potential Kako bid

but also, there were a clear top 8 for me that i thought everyone was seeing, although i have a 9 with Bo Allen

FOS
Lalor
Jagga
Draper
Smilie
Armstrong
Murphy Reid
Langford
Bo Allen (9)

I know others like Lindsay, Travaglia ect but there outside half back/wing types that have potential to be onballers down the track
There will be plenty of good players that we need at 9
Lindsay (footskills) seen him top7 in some mocks
Travaglia (campaigner)
Jobe (kicks goals)

*I don’t know anything about the draft but I do know there are options outside the heavily promoted top8 like there were last year

Travaglia (campaigner)
Jobe (kicks goals)

*I don’t know anything about the draft but I do know there are options outside the heavily promoted top8 like there were last year

TBH id be stoked with Bo Allen at 9, I have him around the 4 mark of a very even 3-7

Ned McHenry delisted by Adelaide. Maybe it’s because I show zero interest in Adelaide but I thought he was a part of their quick skillful little forward line plans moving forward. Worth a look?
Adelaide making alot of moves this trade and free agency period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travaglia (campaigner)
Jobe (kicks goals)

That top 8 has shown a fair bit though in comparison to the picks afterwards in comparison

H.Reid
Watson
Mckercher
Sanders
Duursma
Dan Curtin
Caddy
Windsor

They are few and far between after that

*No doubt early on

Pat Parnell delisted by Crows. Worth a crack at no cost.
McHenry a definite no. Yes he's a quick small forward but he's a poor decision maker and often butchers the ball.

Parnell is a small medium defender that isn't great at locking down. Not sure we need another of those types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back