Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely no one wanted to go to the draft and risk losing a first round pick. Have to look at probabilities and risk of either strategy and clearly path we took was the less risky.

Reckon Stringer deal falls through.

Giants not that keen, and we're less desperate for draft points.

Cal stated today that GWS are keener than appears in media.

AFL is probably wanting clubs to make sure it "goes down to the wire" for the primetime last couple of hours

Jake will get done - a future 2nd from them and swapping our #28 for their 37, 53 and 56 would be nice
Honestly would just take their F3 straight up

Hope we put out the feelers for Josh Fahey in any Stringer trade. Left footer that can run 2km in 6 minutes, would slot in nicely opposite Redman on a back flank.

Note that now to keep all those picks we need to shed four senior listed players as we're currently at 35 and 2. With 3 OOC still.

AFL is probably wanting clubs to make sure it "goes down to the wire" for the primetime last couple of hours

Jake will get done - a future 2nd from them and swapping our #28 for their 37, 53 and 56 would be nice
I dont think wed be that interested in any more picks this draft

Would have to trade one out to get one in

Dont have that many list spots for them all

I dont think wed be that interested in any more picks this draft

Would have to trade one out to get one in

Dont have that many list spots for them all

Gotta take what you can get. Once the pick exists it’s easier to trade it out.

Can always delist Weid/Setters if we need to take 2 more picks to the draft. They don’t seem to be in the teams plans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deal provides a lot or flexibility now and next year.

My impression is that having picks like this makes things happen.

I don't think you can criticise it for that reason.

You'd also have to say that they rate Kako as a very good prospect, and very good fit for the team.

I can't be certain but I believe the new list management regime may have the BrunoV tick of approval!

No way in hell dildoro makes this move, he starts from a position of pick 9 is untouchable

Onwards and upwards dear brethren

Gotta take what you can get. Once the pick exists it’s easier to trade it out.

Can always delist Weid/Setters if we need to take 2 more picks to the draft. They don’t seem to be in the teams plans
That would give us 8 picks in this draft (currently 6)

Dont think we would be able to get down to 30 players on our list to allow for 8 picks

G’day. Say Kako gets bid at 10/12.
Who’s the next player and at what pick would you look to get back in? Shanahan at 16ish?

Those extra picks we could throw 53 or 56 to Port for Dante Visentini
Very important to ensure you have a Visentini diversification plan ie one of them is enough

Think that's the positive way of looking at it. There's a negative way, as well as somewhere in the middle.

Am sure Melbourne fans are looking at it at a massive win from their end.
It is a bit of a win both ways right now. Good for them as they have 2 top 10 picks. Good for us as we have multiple options to turn it into something.

Cal stated today that GWS are keener than appears in media.
Last I heard it will come down to Stringer and how he can or can not make the family side of things work with a relocation.

G’day. Say Kako gets bid at 10/12.
Who’s the next player and at what pick would you look to get back in? Shanahan at 16ish?

Hard to know.

With Kako and Tsatas presumably getting added to the regular best 22 for next season generally having a pretty young team it’s hard to find AFL minutes for a young player.

seems likely we take 3 picks this draft but I would expect all to be >pick 30 and more likely in the 40-60 range

We need midsize players who can run all day

Hard to know.

With Kako and Tsatas presumably getting added to the regular best 22 for next season generally having a pretty young team it’s hard to find AFL minutes for a young player.

seems likely we take 3 picks this draft but I would expect all to be >pick 30 and more likely in the 40-60 range

We need midsize players who can run all day
We also need leg speed in the middle, a tall marking key forward (I liked the look of Armstrong but that all but gone - and that’s ok) and another pressure forward to make up for the lack of pressure from Wright and Langford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back