Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Heres a thought.

Apparently Ade and Haw are in a bun fight to get GWS's pick 2. Which means GWS could have 2 or 3 extra picks if they choose to split it. Would that enable them to find something to facilitate the Lobb trade?

Still on Young.

I shouldn’t be so invested, but he makes my blood boil, especially when he was having a crack at Cal and ‘Peter’.

This guy just lives in the shadows and behind dumpsters. When someone shines a light in his direction he’d sell his own mother.

The comments of GWS being a ‘tight group’. That implies Freo are not. GWS would’ve lost more players than anyone except maybe Gold Coast in the last 10 years. Just BS.

The War begins:
Nathan Wilson - offer one year contract to cross to another agen,otherwise cut
Blake Acres - don't play him and dont renew his contract
Bailey Banfield - see Wilson, actually stuff that cut
Reece Conca - already done
Griffin Logue - offer extension, bonus for getting rid of Young
Liam Henry - see Logue
Michael Walters - don't extend until he is out of contract
Joel Hamling - don't renew or extend. If he wants a trade say no.
Travis Colyer - see above

Dont trade for:
Tim English
Ian Hill
Sam Taylor

Pretty slim pickings and the end would be nigh for him collecting from Freo players. Lobb would be his main meal ticket from Freo by far, and Young is thinking he better try and get 4 years now, otherwise in 2 years time he might be looking at a minimal/zero payday.

Just need to get Logue and Henry off his books and we are right. I think you need to add Chapman to the list, who I think is under McDougall (Young's sidekick). Don't know if there are any others.

I'm surprised he hasn't started some shit involving Walters. Or maybe he has. Those rumours of Walters being unhappy probably came from Young. UFA end of 2022, so I'm sure ol' Colin will be leaking crap to the media concerning Sonny over the next 12 months.

I know Jackson is a pipe dream but would you do 6 + 19 for him if Lobb goes? Would it be enough for Melbourne?

If Lobb went I’d do it. Keeping in mind Lobb would have to pick us up something decent.
But yeah, pipe dream. Melbourne would want more.

Jackson would need to literally say he’s homesick, won’t return to Melbourne, snort some lines and be filmed doing it and then we could lay 6 and 19 on the table.

View attachment 1255941Very similar players to me and id rather being in someone new then someone who left the club and decided he wanted back in.

I would be very interested in seeing a comp in "Score Involvements" and "Metres gained".

Are these states you have quoted here from the 2021 season or are they over a longer period? Edit: I can see they are career.

GWS has Sam Taylor who is from WA, tall defender only 22 and 195cm, could we use him? in a deal with Lobb . He played quite well this year for GWS.
Pearce and Hamling are injury prone all the time.

Sam Taylor is a graduate of the NAB AFL Academy and was selected at pick 28 in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft. He is a tall defender who is strong overhead and very composed when under pressure. He uses the ball well when setting up play from defence and is team-oriented. Hailing from WA, he is the third of seven children. The quietly-spoken key defender impressed in his first season, earning a Rising Star nomination in his sixth game. In just a few short seasons, Taylor has established himself in the GIANTS' defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*ring ring* Hey It's Colin Youn-

oW75C3f.gif

Would Rory Lobb be considered a journeyman if his third club is also his first club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back