Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Space mining is way more interesting than the AFL trade period. Look up "Asteroid 16 Psyche". Worth almost as much as Jordan Clark.

Afl.com saying the Clark trade has to completed for the Cerra one to be done...that makes zero sense. We don't need anything from Geelong to give to Carlton.

SPS trade to WCE may have to be done first and then they throw what they get for him to us.

Do they actually think?

edit by Snuff since I only half listened to his PSA

Space mining is way more interesting than the AFL trade period. Look up "Asteroid 16 Psyche". Worth almost as much as Jordan Clark.

i love it when people calculate how much platinum is on that asteroid thenjust go

platinum spot price * weight on asteroid = price, ignoring what it would do to the price of platinum lol.

Afl.com saying the Clark trade has to completed for the Cerra one to be done...that makes zero sense. We don't need anything from Geelong to give to Carlton.

SPS trade to WCE may have to be done first and then they throw what they get for him to us.
Do they actually think?

Yeah I thought the 2 could be done separately.

I honestly think it could be something like:

6, 25, 61 future 3rd for Cerra, 84 and future 4th.

Do they actually think?

edit by Snuff since I only half listened to his PSA
Seems to me that this means we should be getting 25 in some way and we'd send one of the Cat's 2nd round picks back with 25. I do get a little angry reading the Cat's think they should in any way get a first round pick for Clark

So if we get a F2 from Carlton as part of the Cerra deal and then offer a F2 to Geelong for Clark who’s F2 do Geelong take? Do we give them a choice?
I’m intrigued to know who they think will finish lower.
Edit: sounds like I’m way off the money as reports are that the trades will be done in reverse order

Think the article is saying we need to know what Geelong are wanting before we take the Blues deal

We should just be aiming for the best deal from the Blues regardless of Geelong IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Cerra is a step closer to becoming a Carlton player following further talks between Fremantle and Carlton.

The 21-year-old gun on-baller went public with his desire to land at IKON Park last week, with both clubs in continual dialogue during the ongoing trade period.

Carlton’s pick six has been a central talking point in the discussions, but McClure now reports Fremantle is also hoping to lock in a slight pick upgrade which could help them land Geelong’s Jordan Clark in the coming days.

McClure said the deal was getting “very close” and could be sealed before the end of the week.

“Adam Cerra is getting closer to becoming a Carlton player,” he said on Sportsday.

“He’s 22 on Thursday and he could get an early birthday present, they’re getting very close. It’ll be pick six, while Fremantle wants to swap pick 27 for (Carlton’s) 25 and while it doesn’t seem like much, it helps them get closer to Jordan Clark

“They would also like to swap some future picks, so we’re getting very close there.

“But we don’t have the names this trade period to talk about that we did last year.”

The Blues have emerged as one of the most active clubs during the off-season, already signing free agent George Hewett, while Western Bulldogs ruck/defender Lewis Young is also expected to join the club alongside Cerra before the trade period concludes on October 13.

Will Brodie is obviously a good bloke

Ok someone . So why do we want him as a delisted free agent and not trade a future 5th for him?

In a best-case scenario for both clubs, a trade could allow the Dockers to restructure Brodie’s contract.

He’s managed just six games in the past two seasons, for a total of 25 career games after being snapped up with pick nine in the 2016 draft.

If the Suns do not have the list spot for Brodie, he could be delisted and find his way to the Dockers as a delisted free agent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back