Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I have noticed a physical copy of the AFLW Record Season Guide is available this year. I understand there was a digital version published online last year and there was another guide published earlier this year. Are these editions the only three AFLW Season Guides?
Pretty sure there's been one every year. I recall buying a physical copy in at least a few of the earlier seasons.

Before 2019 or 2020 they weren't officially titled as "Season Guide" though. Here's a few glimpses from Twitter:

AFLW burning community goodwill. Theyve lost me for the year...

What possible reason could there be to have a minute's silence for the queen prior to an AFLW game? Especially in indigenous round.

What possible reason could there be to have a minute's silence for the queen prior to an AFLW game? Especially in indigenous round.
Because of 70 years of public service as Queen of Australia?

Same way we offer respect to past players and officials, all ANZACS who fought in wars, LGB people, even how wider Australia pays respect to random "elders past, present and emerging"?

Maybe the respect they demand shpuld work both ways?

Same way we offer respect to past players and officials, all ANZACS who fought in wars, LGB people, even how wider Australia pays respect to random "elders past, present and emerging"?

All of those things you listed contributed towards our great game.

It's true, she was the Queen of Australia for 70 years, and on the whole, no one has a bad word to say about Her Majesty.
It's also true that she cannot stand accused of the terrible sins of her forebears.
On the whole, I don't see that we, as a sport, have done too much wrong vis-a-vis Her Majesty.
Arguably, a minutes silence at one game on the Friday was sufficient in terms of paying respect.
Quite rightly, the UK is undertaking 10 days of mourning, and quite clearly, we do not have to jump on that bandwagon.
Hopefully, given the recent unacceptable actions of the monarch's representative in Australia, we can make a concrete move towards becoming a republic, and my other hope is that a first nation's elder becomes our first ever President.

Would be slightly on the nose celebrating the life of the leader of the family who likely benefited the most from what happened to indigenous people when the British set up colonies in Australia during indigenous round
Yep I heard she still kept slaves and hard an array of Aboriginal skulls that she drank tea out of.

Would have been broke but for setting up colonies in Australia which she should be held accountable for despite not being alive.

Disgraceful from the AFL and we should all go out and riot and get ourselves a new TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's true, she was the Queen of Australia for 70 years, and on the whole, no one has a bad word to say about Her Majesty.
It's also true that she cannot stand accused of the terrible sins of her forebears.
On the whole, I don't see that we, as a sport, have done too much wrong vis-a-vis Her Majesty.
Arguably, a minutes silence at one game on the Friday was sufficient in terms of paying respect.
Quite rightly, the UK is undertaking 10 days of mourning, and quite clearly, we do not have to jump on that bandwagon.
Hopefully, given the recent unacceptable actions of the monarch's representative in Australia, we can make a concrete move towards becoming a republic, and my other hope is that a first nation's elder becomes our first ever President.
The Queen inherited titles and privileges that flowed from British imperialism.

Therefore, she cannot wash her hands of what was done to generate those privileges. She did not perform those acts, but if the British monarchy does not believe it should be criticised for historical acts of colonialism, then it should also give up the benefits they obtained from them.

It's sad an old lady died, but currently dozens of them are dying a day from Covid in Australia, and no one gives a ****.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep I heard she still kept slaves and hard an array of Aboriginal skulls that she drank tea out of.

Would have been broke but for setting up colonies in Australia which she should be held accountable for despite not being alive.

Disgraceful from the AFL and we should all go out and riot and get ourselves a new TV.
Let's do a deal.

Charles gives up the title King of Australia, we forget what his family did to get it.

The Queen inherited titles and privileges that flowed from British imperialism.

Therefore, she cannot wash her hands of what was done to generate those privileges. She did not perform those acts, but if the British monarchy does not believe it should be criticised for historical acts of colonialism, then it should also give up the benefits they obtained from them.

It's sad an old lady died, but currently dozens of them are dying a day from Covid in Australia, and no one gives a *.

We should shut down the economy for the next 5 years and execute anyone not wearing a cheap mask.

Get the Queen to pay for it. Make Dan Andrews the King of Australia.

Make every round - Covid Awareness Round and make all the players wear a mask during the game.

Okay counter argument then. We don’t give a minutes silence to every 90 plus year old that dies

What has this particular ninety year old done to deserve one in real terms?

Because not every 90 year old is an an inspiration and role model to millions to people. Stop talking sh**, thought this was football forum.
Why, what has she done that’s been so inspiring? What parts of how she lived her life do you wish to emulate?

Too be honest the colonisation thing doesn’t really bother me that much (if England hadn’t done it some one else would have). I just don’t get why a lady to lived in a mansion on the other side of the world and did shit all for Australia in real terms deserves to be feted and lauded like a hero

From an Aboriginal round perspective the colonisation thing comes into play but putting that aside I really don’t get it. Again fully understand this isn’t the right spot for this

Why, what has she done that’s been so inspiring? What parts of how she lived her life do you wish to emulate?

Too be honest the colonisation thing doesn’t really bother me that much (if England hadn’t done it some one else would have). I just don’t get why a lady to lived in a mansion on the other side of the world and did s**t all for Australia in real terms deserves to be feted and lauded like a hero

From an Aboriginal round perspective the colonisation thing comes into play but putting that aside I really don’t get it. Again fully understand this isn’t the right spot for this
I think she was dignified, gracious and comforted people. I don't see why you have to put her down , she meant so much to millions of people and it is not difficult to be respectful to someone who has just passed.

Absolutely appalling decision by the AFLW. There are many indigenous communities across our country who are showing their respect to the passing of the Queen, it's just another example of how this competition has been politized by the bigoted hardcore left. I'm all in favour of cutting ties with the Monarchy but this decision reeks of a minority group forcing their views on the whole of society. If they were really concerned about the welfare of the indigenous communities in Australia then they'd be trying to do something about the massively high rate of domestic violence. But that would fly in the face of their agenda

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back