Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

thanks x. you backing the hawks in to be the real deal
They have the easiest run in. Real 50/50 match against Richmond who I rate quite highly.

NM, Brisbane, Adelaide the clear top three still IMO.

Hawks and Richmond IMO are now fourth and fifth best.

I'm tipping BL to finish ahead of Hawks on percentage. Ladder predictor doesn't allow you to select winning margins.

Top 3 are the top 3. Next best, I think Richmond's run is the easiest imo, Fremantle are formidable even without Tighe and Hawks definitely established, hopefully no worse than 6th.

Next two places are up for grabs, West Coast aren't a finals quality side but could still get to 6 wins. Plenty of tough opponents for Saints to drop games and nosedive. However all those teams on 2 wins currently still need to gain another 2 wins over those already in finals positions with 5 weeks left. Not sure who is best in position to do that, there's so much inconsistency. Eg Bulldogs and Carlton being 12th and 13th above teams we thought would be good (or at least better than current ladder reflects).

What is the difference between Fremantle and West Coast. Not sure I've seen any, other than Freo's ability to smash a 19-player Essendon.

Too many games atm with too many injuries, so I'll just be lazy and say the top 8 will stay exactly how it is.

Been watching AFLW since it started in 2017, got to say it's no better than when it started, semi professional Auskickers would be a good description, some of the scores over the last week or 2 confirm that. Have tried to persist watching it but given up over the last couple of weeks, same players make the same dumb mistakes, considering there are assistant coaches makes me wonder what they actually do in the AFLW.
In all teams there are perhaps 4 to 5 players of a good standard, example is Mon Conti from Richmond, has great skills and ability, its a pity there aren't more players like her, would make the competition interesting, the club I follow has 2 of the best midfielders but what is not mentioned about them is the number of turnovers they produce in a game, another player @ this club is always mentioned as a star but couldn't run out of sight on a foggy day, even though she has ability, no defensive skill when the ball is in the forward line.
The commentary via TV whether Ch7 or Foxtel is garbage, trying to commentate the game as if it's played in a tactical sense, it's laughable.

The commentary via TV whether Ch7 or Foxtel is garbage, trying to commentate the game as if it's played in a tactical sense, it's laughable.

Laughable isn't the word I'd use to describe Underwood's commentary.

Cringeworthy is closer to the mark although that's underselling it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back