Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

But what if I couldn't care less about the sexuality of any of the players?

Why does it matter?

Does it make them better (or worse) footballers?
Well, obviously the AFL should be structured in a way that suites your needs.

An obvious oversite on their part.

I will send them a sternly worded email.

Oh, playing the poster again, hey?

The fact you didn't even quote the post you were referring to (I only noticed the connection due to the Conti reference), and you picked out one specific element of that post, posted a video without explanation...

Happy to 'use my brain', but most of us aren't mindreaders...
dw about them. I posted in here years ago and it was the same thing, it's sad. I still track aflw but don't expect much here.

The condensed rounds was beyond stupid. They would never do it in the men’s comp but somehow it was fine for AFLW

Honestly I think they’re lucky there hasn’t been more injuries from it
the worst thing was it didn't even coincide with the school holidays

I can sacrifice my comfort levels

Honestly, nothing against you - 'sacrifice my comfort levels'?

Do you talk to people face to face like this?

There's a section of society that is utterly alien to the rest of us, who speak like this, and they think the world is a better place for them being in it.

No bigger pack of sore losers than the religious right. These nutjobs bullied minorities and women for centuries and made it their business to dictate what people do in their bedrooms.

Now they've lost influence in society, they want to play the "just shut up and keep private matters to yourself" card--their last feeble attempt to control people with certain lifestyles for which they disapprove.

Not gonna happen. Especially not in AFLW. And that has been made clear through various statements, including Pride Round and the Women's Football Vision document which emphasises diversity of audience/participation as a key value.

I can see after the next AFLW 10 and that will be the end of the comp and the game played at VFLW and time to build grass roots level footy.
Was only going to be a temporary comp this aflw thing anyway.
Was only an opportunity to get girls footy on the map thats all.

They've invested too much time, effort and most importantly money for AFLW to be a temporary competition

I don't get it. I have no interest in cricket so I don't go to cricket related threads. Why the **** are some of you people here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_6801.jpeg

See the above for why we need a Pride Round and why it should be in the men’s comp as well

How anyone could have read what she wrote and decide it was worthy of abuse is beyond me

A small part of me is a bit concerned that I brought Kate to the attention of some of the knuckle draggers who weirdly hang out here

How anyone could have read what she wrote and decide it was worthy of abuse is beyond me
You're giving these kinds of people far too much credit. I'd bet they didn't read a single word of what was written at all.

I don't get it. I have no interest in cricket so I don't go to cricket related threads. Why the **** are some of you people here?
They do have an interest.

As a negative interest is still an interest.

I remember a poster from when the AFLW was first proposed.

Zero interest, no one cares, wouldn't get more than 100 people attend, waste of money, would be cancelled after a few years, was just an exercise in virtue signalling.

He came on the threads relentlessly to announce how much he didn't care about women's footy. Showing he in fact, cared a great great deal, and was extremely concerned it might not fail, thus harbouring the end of days or something.

Similar if more muted posters than him abound in every thread related to AFLW.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can see after the next AFLW 10 and that will be the end of the comp and the game played at VFLW and time to build grass roots level footy.
Was only going to be a temporary comp this aflw thing anyway.
Was only an opportunity to get girls footy on the map thats all.

Yeah that's just about the dumbest thing I've seen on here for a while.

For me, the biggest issue is coaches of lower teams directing the players to play over defensively. Extreme floods etc do not benefit the game. Even the first 2 years of the hawks, it was evident that we would try to shut it down to prevent a blow-out. All of a sudden a new coach comes in with an attacking gameplan, and suddenly we play attractive footy and look like world beaters

There will always be dour games (even the mens has it), but how do you resolve the defensive issue?
Would score incentives improve the game rather than crowd incentives? Eg. If the league can average 15 goals per game then the league will expand

And now the Bulldogs racking up a score versus Carlton!

As much as people bagged out Tam Hyett last week, a player (who I can't recall at this moment) highlighted one problem of the condensed fixture was there were understandably less training nights over those few weeks, so less chance for players to do match sim practicing different structures, etc.

So, when you look at it, a coach who knew she had a developing list and missing their best player (and best defender and a ruck), had less in-season training opportunities and thus had to coach to those parameters.

FWIW, when I called that game last Friday night, I was more disappointed as a Bombers supporter, as I thought the Bulldogs out worked us for nearly 3 quarters, and we, with the talent we had, should have never been dragged down to their level, but were.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back