AFL XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I don't post in any of them. Would refuse to as well. Just insist that I publicly declare my rooting for them all.

I like this idea of partnering teams together that you and pazza are doing, the different strengths/weaknesses you could derive from them.

St. Kilda Hawks
Fremantle Giants
Geelong Lions
Sydney Demons
Collingwood Suns
Richmond Bulldogs
Essendon Blues
Adelaide Kangaroos
Port Coast Eagles
Does mine seem more even than what pazza suggested?

St. Kilda Hawks
Fremantle Giants
Geelong Lions
Sydney Demons
Collingwood Suns
Richmond Bulldogs
Essendon Blues
Adelaide Kangaroos
Port Coast Eagles
Does mine seem more even than what pazza suggested?
Both of you have a number of teams that are too strong, and some too weak.

The game is already marred by having too much open space, causes the game to be all netball-like with the incessant whistle blowing for uncontested marks.

Instead....what the AFL "should" do for a light comp or even (imo) for long-term future of regular comp is.....REDUCE the size of the field, making it more congested, like Gaelic/IR game on a rectangle field, far more exciting like Ice Hockey, more body contact, more mayhem, more natural flow and less stop-start.

So...long-term...smaller oval field with 18 players.
Light comp....small rectangle IR/Gaelic field with say 9 players.

Your reasons for reducing the field size is the exact style of play the afl don't want.

They hate congestion because some call it " ugly". They love an open play style of footy because apparently it's better for ratings . The afl don't like contact because it frightens mothers. It's the only reason they brought in the sub rule and restricted interchanges because it causes greater fatigue levels in players and reduces the opportunities to clash bodies at high speed

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back