Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug_Hondo said:
HAHAAHAHA your kidding mate, give umpiring a go or something, no1 wants to recruit interstate opinionators theres already enough up here as it is!

No, I am being quite serious and if I wasn't wouldn't posted have on here in the first place.

I have done two seasons at VFL level, two with a VAFA club including 4 senior games and a state game in 2004.

Sportsman said:
No, I am being quite serious and if I wasn't wouldn't posted have on here in the first place.

I have done two seasons at VFL level, two with a VAFA club including 4 senior games and a state game in 2004.

I am with DH on this one you will be lucky to get a gig as a analyst etc. even with a div 1 side. If off field is your intentions there will be coaching gigs advertised shortly im sure.

Surfers Paradise are advertising in Inside Football this week, I reckon a fair few guys from Victoria will head up there for next year.

Sportsman said:
Surfers Paradise are advertising in Inside Football this week, I reckon a fair few guys from Victoria will head up there for next year.

As long as Surfers has a big wallet.

Southport would have the biggest wallet in any league regardless of divsion one or two in the state.

Am I right in saying this?

Is it just Southport who has is cashed up or who else has cash?

Sportsman said:
Southport would have the biggest wallet in any league regardless of divsion one or two in the state.

Am I right in saying this?

Is it just Southport who has is cashed up or who else has cash?

I believe so still subjected to a salary cap tho, I have also heard other clubs in lower divisions don't pay too badly.

A salary cap?

Does that apply to all leagues or just state league division one and two?

State Association club wouldn't have enough money for them to be subjected to a salary cap, but that's only based on what I am reading and after receiving a copy of the AFLQ Grand Final record in the mail today.

Who are the "Riddler" and "Jacko" it says they are AFLQ commentators, but are they newspaper journalists or something like that?

They seem to be everywhere when it comes to football in Queensland?

Sportsman said:
A salary cap?

Does that apply to all leagues or just state league division one and two?

State Association club wouldn't have enough money for them to be subjected to a salary cap, but that's only based on what I am reading and after receiving a copy of the AFLQ Grand Final record in the mail today.

Who are the "Riddler" and "Jacko" it says they are AFLQ commentators, but are they newspaper journalists or something like that?

They seem to be everywhere when it comes to football in Queensland?

I believe all leagues up here would be under salary caps.

I don't know exactly who Riddler and Jacko are but they commentate the replay of the local game up here on Monday nights.

It would be interesting to know how much advertising would be seen by Vic players for Qld clubs looking for players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far, I have only seen adverts placed by two AFLQ clubs in Inside Football and not sure if the VFL Record contained any but I could be wrong.

Sportsman said:
So far, I have only seen adverts placed by two AFLQ clubs in Inside Football and not sure if the VFL Record contained any but I could be wrong.

For players moron...as i said U/16s and players who miss out on the teams can take stats and all that rubbish, stick to ur peanut gallery opinionating.

That's a little harsh mate.

There are some of us out there who want to make a career in football as statisiticians and that sort of thing.

How dare you say stats are rubbish, if that was the case I wouldn't have just completed my second season at VFL level and two years at local level.

Sportsman said:

There are some of us out there who want to make a career in football as statisiticians and that sort of thing.

How dare you say stats are rubbish, if that was the case I wouldn't have just completed my second season at VFL level and two years at local level.
And I'd love to make a career in sitting on my arse doing nothing but it's not feasible is it?

Maybe in an almost professional league like the VFL there's room for it, but not up here.

Sportsman said:

i might know someone who is interested in your job role. Can you give me a ball park figure on what you would want a year? thanks

It's more of a dream than anything.....

However, please PM and will be happy to discuss payment issues.

unexplained said:
thought they were gone at 3/4 time, with Zillmere coming home with the wind, and being well and truly in touch. They did well.

My sources tell me that Southport did a good job at "closing down" the game in the last quarter and were able to score a couple of goals against a declining breeze and the run of play.

The controversial moment of the game was the last quarter going for just over 26 minutes while the 3rd went for over 34 minutes. Apparently Zillmere had the majority of the play in the last but just ran out of time.

Eagle Eye said:
My sources tell me that Southport did a good job at "closing down" the game in the last quarter and were able to score a couple of goals against a declining breeze and the run of play.

The controversial moment of the game was the last quarter going for just over 26 minutes while the 3rd went for over 34 minutes. Apparently Zillmere had the majority of the play in the last but just ran out of time.

thats only cuz Zillmere suck and Southport have the best players!!

Gosh Jae, that was such a flimsy account of the grand final.

I couldn't make it to the day as I was interstate - it would be great if you could expand upon your considered impressions of the game.

Hey, by the way, well done Southport, Sherwood, Yeronga, and Kenmore!

Who else should we congratulate around the state?

Doug Hondo for being the only member of a forum ever to be suspended from a club game for disciplinry reasons for posting on a public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back