Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug_Hondo said:
Doug Hondo for being the only member of a forum ever to be suspended from a club game for disciplinry reasons for posting on a public forum.

That was a bit harsh from the pumas

Doug_Hondo said:
Doug Hondo for being the only member of a forum ever to be suspended from a club game for disciplinry reasons for posting on a public forum.

Can't see how a 'no comment' to everything would be seen as undisciplined!!

I believe congradulations are in order for Lenny for his runner-up in reserves B & F.

has anyone heard of matt wellington? used to play at hopetoun. hardest bloke at the ball goin round.....

devils05 said:
has anyone heard of matt wellington? used to play at hopetoun. hardest bloke at the ball goin round.....

Pleased to meet you Matt, you chasing a new club?

best mate is movin up 2 play for broady next year. keep an eye on him. name is wade dickson from north albury in the ovens & murray. played in the national carnival up there this year with new south and got all-aus representation. is only 22 and plays well above his height. was looked at by sydney after the carnival but was told he was 2 skinny. played chb all year against alot bigger players eg. tim hargraves and was rarely beaten all year. also can float forward and be very damaging. is quick and has got excellent 1 grab hands.

Wade Dickson eh? I will keep an eye out for him.
One for the "Rumour file"-I hear AFLQ boss Richard Griffiths has applied for CEO of The Kangaroos.

Ty Zantuck kicked 8 goals in the AFLQ gf, and people down south said- so what! now talk is he's gonna go around again at AFL level. Maybe AFLQ isn't seen as such a bad standard nowadays.

My sources tell me that Southport did a good job at "closing down" the game in the last quarter and were able to score a couple of goals against a declining breeze and the run of play.

The controversial moment of the game was the last quarter going for just over 26 minutes while the 3rd went for over 34 minutes. Apparently Zillmere had the majority of the play in the last but just ran out of time.

I know you posted this a month ago, but it is better late than never to reply.

The Zillmere fans were whingeing afterwards that the final quarter only went for 26 minutes, but in the end they were just not good enough. There was no excuses, and it sickened me to see them bitching about it. It was only 26 minutes because there were hardly any goals kicked and no big hold ups of play. And besides, there was no opportunity for funny business, because there was a Zillmere official in the time keeper's box.

It is also wrong that Zillmere controlled it in the last. They did for the first half of the last but for little reward, despite having a four goal wind. The last ten minutes it was all Southport, and that's why they were able to get 12 points up. The Sharks looked fitter in the end and wanted it more, while Zillmere were stuffed.

Great grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they seem to think spending big on one player for three years will get them off the bottom 2...

Yeah, heard Tarrant bashed a few of his mates up,including Mugavin. Cocktail of Red wine and what ever else.

Shattock, does he not know that Labrador still owe last years players their last quarter of payment, including Roberts, about $10,000 apparently. And to sign for 3 years, is he crazy?

Shane Morrison has signed with Mt Gravatt. I guess he'll be good for them, but nothing real special. Didn't do anything at brisbane or richmond. I would rate Weller a lot higher than Morrison.

More dramas at Mt Gravatt- A contingent of senior and reserves players (about 7-8) are looking to move, issues regarding Lake and the reserves coach...

I hear Morningside are going back to Tues, Thurs training, is this true?

Easdown is returning from O'Seas as well- any truth in this?

What else is happening in Qld footy?

Yeah, heard Tarrant bashed a few of his mates up,including Mugavin. Cocktail of Red wine and what ever else.

Shattock, does he not know that Labrador still owe last years players their last quarter of payment, including Roberts, about $10,000 apparently. And to sign for 3 years, is he crazy?

Shane Morrison has signed with Mt Gravatt. I guess he'll be good for them, but nothing real special. Didn't do anything at brisbane or richmond. I would rate Weller a lot higher than Morrison.

More dramas at Mt Gravatt- A contingent of senior and reserves players (about 7-8) are looking to move, issues regarding Lake and the reserves coach...

I hear Morningside are going back to Tues, Thurs training, is this true?

Easdown is returning from O'Seas as well- any truth in this?

What else is happening in Qld footy?

Yeah a cocktail of red wine and white powder = one knocked out tooth and a player on the move.

Interesting that the mail is that Mt Gravatt are throwing money offers around to all and sundry. Not sure they have always delivered on the promises and with the likes of D. White and S. Morrison on the books I doubt they have much to throw.

Interesting that the mail is that Mt Gravatt are throwing money offers around to all and sundry. Not sure they have always delivered on the promises and with the likes of D. White and S. Morrison on the books I doubt they have much to throw.

Is Danny Craven coach again??? Reminds me of 2002(?) when they bought up big time (supposedly not paying everyone outright) just to have a year of glory to then slip down again.

Is Danny Craven coach again??? Reminds me of 2002(?) when they bought up big time (supposedly not paying everyone outright) just to have a year of glory to then slip down again.

Looks like Mounts haven't learnt their lesson. I think Danny is only coaching the QLD u18 team next year?

Looks like Mounts haven't learnt their lesson. I think Danny is only coaching the QLD u18 team next year?

Yeah Craven is coaching the State u18's.

White and Morrison would have a fair bit of their salaries paid for by the player retention scheme because they're ex AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back