Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey boys just after a bit of info about Burleigh Football Club. Club culture? Is it run well? Coaches? Good Blokes that play there? Just any general info about the club as a whole.

Cheers lads.

Burleigh really is a top club mate. The culture it has is pretty unique, bit like a family, once your a Burleigh boy you don't leave.. sounds generic but its the truth, all the guys make you feel welcome and do anything for you. Good coach who I think is respected in the league and support staff are ok too. Good senior list, just struggle to keep on park at same time though.
New rooms are being planned with conjuction with Burleigh Bears Leagues club too.

Hope that helped.

Burleigh really is a top club mate. The culture it has is pretty unique, bit like a family, once your a Burleigh boy you don't leave.. sounds generic but its the truth, all the guys make you feel welcome and do anything for you. Good coach who I think is respected in the league and support staff are ok too. Good senior list, just struggle to keep on park at same time though.
New rooms are being planned with conjuction with Burleigh Bears Leagues club too.

Hope that helped.

Thanks mate thats real good info, just moved up here and looking for a game next year and a bloke i used to play with down south said to check out Burleigh and everything sounds good especially the new clubrooms.:thumbsu:
Cheers

you beauty ... another great week ... my margins didnt work out too well ... but would believe that i accidently put a few of them around the wrong way ...

swap my margin for the Sharks v Sharkbombers of 137 to the Lions v Cats game ... where the margin was 137 ...

and then swap the lions v cats margin of 58 ... for the lab v mounties margin of 57 ...

and whe u look at it that way ... i still had a pretty good day ...

Now that we know that it is Mt Gravatt, Southport, Lions and Morningside where will it end up.

Who will be Minor premiers, can Zillmere beat the Vultures after last weeks mess, can the Panthers continue there run of form or will Southport flex their muscle? An interesting week ahead. What are the Lions thinking going forward - who is eligible? what is the eligibility?

How bad was Lilico's injury, where is their big recruit gone? Has McEntee really signed with Surfers for next year? Are he and Sinclair at loggerheads? Will Cleary, Evans and Turton get back?

Where are the finals being played this year - Coorparoo or Carrara?

The 2's competition reflects the Senior comp a lot with its top teams. Do they all have good depth? Who should win that - Southport look dominant.

love the speculation post ...

i think the ladder will stay the way it is ... Mt Gravatt will do it pretty easily over Zillmere this week. last week showed that alot of Zillmere players have been playing a bit above themselves in the games they've won well. Apparently the Vultures have 3 or 4 players to try and squeeze into the line up over the next few weeks, which you would assume would include the likes of Cleary, Evans and Turton, so thats not really a dilema you'd be upset about.

the Morningside v Southport game at the Jack Esplen this weekend will be a cracker ... as bad as Zillmere were last week, Morningside were as good and i'm backing them to beat the Sharks on their home turf as they did earlier in the year. Lillico's injury wasnt that bad, he just coped an knock to his arm and i figure with the game already well and truely decided they decided to rest him, and with the form he was in, it'll do him and the team nothing but good.

As for the Lions finals campaign ... i heard that they are keen to breed a winning culture into their strong list of young players, so are keen to have a good crack at winning the flag this year, so with the list of players they have eligable to play, the Mt Gravatt v Southport Grand Final might not be the foregone conclusion we all thought it would be.

Gearing up for a big finals series for the Hawks, Jorge?

No unfortunately Lenny, lost too many close games but im sure you know what thats like hey lol lol. Mate if possible im thinking we could maybe borrow your backline for next season, i honestly reckon being smashed by 300 points in one game and over 200 in 2 or 3 others will propel us towards the finals. In all seriousness when your throwing stones, you should have alook how you for and against is compared to decent teams mate, honestly as a full back ( yeah we know who you are) id be disgusted to know we leaked 3000 points for a season and only scored 700, but im sure both your teams had plenty to celebrate on silly sunday, i mean jeez, you guys were probably the worst team in the 5 years of PHC, which is something to crow about. Even after being booted from our ground and losing players to zillmere, we never stooped that low. Hope you like your glass house Chump

No unfortunately Lenny, lost too many close games but im sure you know what thats like hey lol lol. Mate if possible im thinking we could maybe borrow your backline for next season, i honestly reckon being smashed by 300 points in one game and over 200 in 2 or 3 others will propel us towards the finals. In all seriousness when your throwing stones, you should have alook how you for and against is compared to decent teams mate, honestly as a full back ( yeah we know who you are) id be disgusted to know we leaked 3000 points for a season and only scored 700, but im sure both your teams had plenty to celebrate on silly sunday, i mean jeez, you guys were probably the worst team in the 5 years of PHC, which is something to crow about. Even after being booted from our ground and losing players to zillmere, we never stooped that low. Hope you like your glass house Chump

clearly I wasn't in any way implying we were anything other than shit, just that I thought your new gun side would be playing in the finals, that's all

And for the penultimate round:

Should be relatively easy with probably only the game at Esplen oval in the balance - however stranger things have happened.

The Vultures won't want to give up top spot, but have some injury issues.

The Panthers appear to be in good form and at home could knock the Sharks over.

Lions v Bombers - Lions are making a statement, expect a very big win
Vultures v Eagles - Eagles after some lost pride, but will not be enough as the Vultures want top spot. Vultures by 40 points
Panthers v Sharks - tight game with the winners being ...............?????, maybe Sharks, maybe not :confused:
Cats v Tigers - Cats at home - just.

Next week it's finals, might add the Ressie's to the tipping to keep it interesting.

And for the penultimate round:

Should be relatively easy with probably only the game at Esplen oval in the balance - however stranger things have happened.

The Vultures won't want to give up top spot, but have some injury issues.

The Panthers appear to be in good form and at home could knock the Sharks over.

Lions v Bombers - Lions are making a statement, expect a very big win
Vultures v Eagles - Eagles after some lost pride, but will not be enough as the Vultures want top spot. Vultures by 40 points
Panthers v Sharks - tight game with the winners being ...............?????, maybe Sharks, maybe not :confused:
Cats v Tigers - Cats at home - just.

Next week it's finals, might add the Ressie's to the tipping to keep it interesting.

I'm going the same tips as you.

Vultures v Eagles - few players back for the Vultures will be too much for an Eagles team with a bruised ego 5 goals
Cats v Tigers - Tigers have shown some good form of late and will be alot more hungry for a win than the Cats 4 goals
Panthers v Sharks - on the tighter confinds of the Esplen oval, Siders coming off a very good victory will be in a better mindset than the Sharks who've just completed the bottom of the ladder double. 2 goals
Lions v Sharkbombers - it will be a close contest until the game starts ... Lions by 170

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vultures v Eagles - few players back for the Vultures will be too much for an Eagles team with a bruised ego 5 goals
Cats v Tigers - Tigers have shown some good form of late and will be alot more hungry for a win than the Cats 4 goals
Panthers v Sharks - on the tighter confinds of the Esplen oval, Siders coming off a very good victory will be in a better mindset than the Sharks who've just completed the bottom of the ladder double. 2 goals
Lions v Sharkbombers - it will be a close contest until the game starts ... Lions by 170

I was at the magpies noosa game today and i think the league has made a bad decision with the magpies, they will get belted all year, Redlands will be happy the magpies are in

I was at the magpies noosa game today and i think the league has made a bad decision with the magpies, they will get belted all year, Redlands will be happy the magpies are in

The side's basically an under 25 side. They'll recruit a few (Pask is signed already I believe) and they'll finish around 7th-8th first year IMO.

Hack,

On behalf of Morph and myself I would like to thank you for allowing us to catch up a bit this week! :D

haha you're welcome guys ... just getting that neccessary loss out of the way before finals ... thats my story and i'm sticking to it!

very disappointed in the Panthers and Tigers ... i expected bigger things from them.

OK now the serious stuff begins:

AFLQ State League: 1st Semi

1's - Lions v Panthers - Lions will just have too much, unless they are thinking about "Mad Monday"
2's - Eagles v Panthers - Bad day for the Panthers, Eagles should win

Pineapple Cup:

1st Semi: Wests v Burleigh - Burleigh in good form, but Wests will be too strong at home

2nd Semi: PBC v Noosa - I think the home ground will be the decider in a much closer game than some expect - PBC

the siders want this more than the lions do i reckon. they ill get some good players back for this game and i am confident they will knock the lions off in this one. the lions havent had a good finals record in the past few years. who ever wins this game can knock of the vultures or the sharks in the prelim final.

the ressies. the eagles should be to strong for the siders. the are the reining premiers and i am sure they want to defend that title till the end

the pinapple hotel cup

the magpies would be rattled by that loss to noosa and i think burlieh can exploit it. so the bombers to win and to knock the div 1 bound team out of the finals race. aspley to win the 2's as well

noosa are looking stronger and stronger every week. i reckon they will knock off those. well you know what i mean. and it will be a cracker.

OK now the serious stuff begins:

AFLQ State League: 1st Semi

1's - Lions v Panthers - Lions will just have too much, unless they are thinking about "Mad Monday"
2's - Eagles v Panthers - Bad day for the Panthers, Eagles should win

Pineapple Cup:

1st Semi: Wests v Burleigh - Burleigh in good form, but Wests will be too strong at home

2nd Semi: PBC v Noosa - I think the home ground will be the decider in a much closer game than some expect - PBC

Watched the Suncoast Lions game - no doubt they were thinking of "Mad-Monday" - not to take anything away from a great performance by the Panthers, but I think it's a shame that the Lions don't take it (the AFLQ Comp) seriously.

Watched the Suncoast Lions game - no doubt they were thinking of "Mad-Monday" - not to take anything away from a great performance by the Panthers, but I think it's a shame that the Lions don't take it (the AFLQ Comp) seriously.

its better that suncoast didnt win. they only fielded 21 players out there yesterday and they finished the game with only 16 men on the field. what if they did win the comp. what would they do. what they have been doing the last 7 years since they won there first flag. just run around in the comp do well in the h&a season and dont bother about the finals. if they had won the flag this year. they would have done that. the reson why is. if they keep winning flags. they will have to play in the vfl. the lions dont want to do that. they should be playing in the vfl any way. gee i am glad they didnt win the comp this year

Although I didn't see any Ipswich games this season, I can let you know that they missed the finals for the first time in a few years, finishing fifth.

Their percentage was quite good, but just not enough wins. Not sure of the reasons for the struggle - perhaps injuries, and then there are always availability problems with the RAAF.

But I'm sure they'll bounce back stronger again next year.

Good luck to both the Caloundra and Wynnum teams in this Sunday's Association Division 1 Grand Final at Coorparoo.

Caloundra has been the gun team all year, so will probably feel very confident about their chances. They've played Wynnum three times this year for three wins - but the margins have never been that great to call it convincing.

Wynnum has the ability to produce some great performances from their team. They certainly warrant respect from their opponents - underestimate them at your peril.

Even though Caloundra has not played much football over the past four weeks, if a choice had to be made, I would expect them to triumph this Sunday.

But I've been wrong before.

Good luck to both clubs and all players and officials involved.

another big weekend in footy. i am going to go with the sharks in the big one sat coorparoo on saturday. they could have and should have beaten the vultures in all 3 games they played against eachother this year. david james and and watts will be influencial in this game. it will be a cracker

i reckon the magpies will get noosa in the pineapple hotel cup prelim final. i reckon last weeks semi final against pbs would have taken a fair bit out of noosa and they might have a couple missing through suspension as well. it will be a cracking game, but it might be an absolute bog up at caloundra as well and that might favor noosa. seeing they get plenty of rain up there and there ground always seems to be wet and boggy. aspley to win the 2's as well.

i havent watched any of the state association division 1 this year. but i have looked at the results over the year and the mighty panthers are the cut above. i have a bit of a soft spot for this mob and i think they will win and win big. this will be there first flag in 16 years. they beat noosa on that day as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back