AFLQ State Association - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
caloundra straight into the granny after smacking cooparoo by plenty
2nds also straight in after a hard fought and low scoring game

would like to congratulate all the logan cobra supporters on here, i must say at the start of the season you certainly were talking up your massive premiership credentials and have certainly shown thru again that your a team to be beaten....ohh its the girls team that made the grand final hahahahahahhaaha

Looks like both the cobra mens teams, div 2 senior and ressies are out. UQ ressies got up in a close one with Logan missing a kick at goal after the siren.

Looks like both the cobra mens teams, div 2 senior and ressies are out. UQ ressies got up in a close one with Logan missing a kick at goal after the siren.

Love it mate. I was the Team Manager/Interchange Steward today and it was a very good game.

I would like to thank Logan for a great game today and encourage them to keep their heads up for the future.

BUT TODAY BELONGS TO UQ 4ths!

Love it mate. I was the Team Manager/Interchange Steward today and it was a very good game.

I would like to thank Logan for a great game today and encourage them to keep their heads up for the future.

BUT TODAY BELONGS TO UQ 4ths!

Congrads on the win... There a few whisper's that you's knew ur 1's weren't going to make into the finals, so you's have been playing quite a few of the 1's down in the 2's?????? Any truth to that

Congrads on the win... There a few whisper's that you's knew ur 1's weren't going to make into the finals, so you's have been playing quite a few of the 1's down in the 2's?????? Any truth to that

Cheers mate.

If your referring to boys from Division 1, no.

We definately don't go about playing a weak squad in the seniors. I would be fairly confident in saying 90% of the team yesterday played together during the year, while also doubling up for senior duties due to the uni holiday exodus of players.

RoAaringUniLions, good on ur 4ths on making the prelim. I remember at the start of the year when some posters were making quips about the skill level required to play in UQ 4ths. Even though I'm not associated with UQ, I would have to say u guys really showed a lot of the doubters, good luck next week!

Even if they did that, I dont think many of the regular players in the 3rds or 4ths would like that. Anyone who plays knows how much you try your heart out for the team and you certainly wont want someone who has never played with you to take your spot or anyone elses who you've done the hard yards with.

RoAaringUniLions, good on ur 4ths on making the prelim. I remember at the start of the year when some posters were making quips about the skill level required to play in UQ 4ths. Even though I'm not associated with UQ, I would have to say u guys really showed a lot of the doubters, good luck next week!

Cheers matey, the boys I think were always confident this year about our fortunes this year so the fact we're now one game away from a Grand Final appearence its truely fantastic.

Its funny that those people that were making those bitching comments about UQ having 4 teams aren't around all too often now.

I know the boys were lucky to survive on Saturday (After the siren kick after a truely great fight from Logan) but we do have a feeling that they can beat Kedron. We've come quite close against them before so theres never been a better time to notch up a win against them.

Yeah, good job to the 4ths at UQ.... Logan out in straight sets hey.... Not too much nise on here from them now... Beenleigh might suffer the same fate, that number 45 could do with a few jumpers being sewn together for him... Seems like an awesome fight from Caboolture too to only go down by a goal... As they say, make it to the finals and it is a new season...

Broman - he will probably win Alex Hills's best and fairest too. What is your point? My point was that he is a great footballer. Not sure how what your saying contradicts that.

Leopards - no your understanding is not correct. We will be in division 1 against next year. We will be better next season if they sort out the mess that is the committee and coaching staff.

Well Bear...
Shows you dont know about Our league...
I cant see Buzwell winning our bnf...Will most probley finish top 10 though...
He Just tears kenmore up....But then again who doesnt???

Your club.........................I dont even know where to start hahaha

:cool::cool:

Well Bear...

What did the alex hills boys get up to last weekend? Same thing as the Kenmore boys I imagine. After all that promise you only got 1 more week than us. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, good job to the 4ths at UQ.... Logan out in straight sets hey.... Not too much nise on here from them now... Beenleigh might suffer the same fate, that number 45 could do with a few jumpers being sewn together for him... Seems like an awesome fight from Caboolture too to only go down by a goal... As they say, make it to the finals and it is a new season...

Yeah, the Caboolture boys put up a huge fight in front of a clueless classless mob at Robina.

Losing one of their speedy outside mid's to a very dirty tackle by #17 from Robina half way through the third, only to see the Umpires stand there and give the ball to Robina. His legs would have been handy in the frantic final 10 minutes.

As for the umpiring, if those two clowns get a run this weekend, then the AFLQ are a disgrace. The head was not sacrosanct on Caboolture players, yet any higher than the nipples was sacrosanct for Robina. In the dying moments with the ball coming out of the Robina back line, a Robina player attempted a chest mark, spilled the ball immediately yet the ball was called back as a mark just before a Caboolture player swooped on the ball entering 50.

Alas, the more skilled side won on the day, as we butchered far too much ball, but played with far more heart and hardness. Whoever plays Robina from here out must simply keep the physical pressure on their Seniors and Reserves and they will have every chance to beat them, they don't like putting their heads over it.

Well Bear...

Whoops bear you forgot too mention..The dozen more wins we had then you guys....including 3 victories over the bears???

Ring any bells?

where are they playing the prelim final between wynnum and coorparoo on sunday????????
Heard whispers that it could be out at sandgates ground. was going to be at coorparoo, but uni didn't want to play there as they thought it would be too much of a home ground advantage.
anyone know what condition that ground will be in??
Heard Gibbo at Coorparoo is carrying some kind of injury as well? Anyone from the kings care to comment?

Heard whispers that it could be out at sandgates ground. was going to be at coorparoo, but uni didn't want to play there as they thought it would be too much of a home ground advantage.
anyone know what condition that ground will be in??
Heard Gibbo at Coorparoo is carrying some kind of injury as well? Anyone from the kings care to comment?
Geez uni must be worried then if thats the case if they wanted to play on neutral ground.

Looking forward to the trip to Wynnum this weekend, should be a couple of cracking games.

I was tipping Beenleigh/Robina to be the Grand Final this year with both clubs then moving up to Div 1, but lo and behold only one of these teams will go up. Firstly I think Kedron has done a great job to reach the Grand Final and I'm very interested in seeing who they will play. My tip is for Beenleigh. They have a win over the Roos early in the season and I could imagine they'd be mighty pissed about going down to Kedron last week.

In the Reserves, my Uni boys meet Kedron. Always pretty competitive game between the two with the Lions having getting away with the points in both games this year. May have been lucky to escape with the win last week after the siren, but there has never been a better time to finally knock off one of the teams we've never beaten this year. Looking to a very exciting game. I think a very close margin, perhaps 18 points either way.

As I predicted a while ago, I still think it will be Kedron v Robina.... Both will deserve to be there and go up.... Good luck to the UQ boys tomorrow mate, they will need to be at their best as that Kedron side are pretty good... All in all a great day of footy ahead!!

As I predicted a while ago, I still think it will be Kedron v Robina.... Both will deserve to be there and go up.... Good luck to the UQ boys tomorrow mate, they will need to be at their best as that Kedron side are pretty good... All in all a great day of footy ahead!!
Agreed Mr Mighty, especially the Big CHF Stevo i think his name is.... arguably the best mullet in the whole of Queensland Footy

So both Kedron teams go through to the Grand Final... both teams to meet Robina.

Very deflating today, UQ take pride that we were the 5th team in finals in the Div 2 ressie but make it through to Preliminary Final. Very good effort from the entire club all around.

So next weekend, thinking of heading down and taking a look myself. 2 x Kedron versus Robina. Should be a rocker of a day.

So both Kedron teams go through to the Grand Final... both teams to meet Robina.

Very deflating today, UQ take pride that we were the 5th team in finals in the Div 2 ressie but make it through to Preliminary Final. Very good effort from the entire club all around.

So next weekend, thinking of heading down and taking a look myself. 2 x Kedron versus Robina. Should be a rocker of a day.

I'm certainly hoping for a good day - ressies at 11.30, seniors at 2.15. Hope you wear your red socks for the day :D

Go you red leggers! should be a great day for the kedron footy club and no one deserves it more than the lads down there, very dedicated and talented group that should hold their own in div 1 next year.. Good luck boys..

Go you red leggers! should be a great day for the kedron footy club and no one deserves it more than the lads down there, very dedicated and talented group that should hold their own in div 1 next year.. Good luck boys..

Cheers Bunga. We'll give it our best shot. You might want to change your signature to Wilson NFL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back