Max General Chase
Beattie Holywood Wray
Gus Heater Prakkers
Rucks: Coxy Huey Scrutto

Bench: Day, Webby, Rosco, John Beattie, Crack Pot, Maizy,

GO THE MIGHTY LIONS!@

2010 Premiership Team right there!

Carn Red Lions!

1. I'm getting really sick of people trashing my club. While we may have a tough year off the field, there is no reason why we can't have fun off it. Who cares about results when you're just enjoying your footy and being with your mates. We're entering a new chapter where we don't care as much about results, we care more about being a CLUB.
2. Beenleigh is going down this weekend.
3. Lion Man your side looks crap. We will pump you in a few weeks.
4. At least I don't live in Logan, Beenleigh or Calamvale.

Bears for the premiership 2010!

1. I'm getting really sick of people trashing my club. While we may have a tough year off the field, there is no reason why we can't have fun off it. Who cares about results when you're just enjoying your footy and being with your mates. We're entering a new chapter where we don't care as much about results, we care more about being a CLUB.
2. Beenleigh is going down this weekend.
3. Lion Man your side looks crap. We will pump you in a few weeks.
4. At least I don't live in Logan, Beenleigh or Calamvale.

Bears for the premiership 2010!

Bear in There, what has living in either of those areas have to do with playing football?

Bear in There, what has living in either of those areas have to do with playing football?

either (ēt̸hər, ī-)
adjective
  1. one or the other (of two)
  2. each (of two); the one and the other
any (enē)
adjective
  1. one, no matter which, of more than two
  2. some, no matter how much or how little, how many, or what kind
There's your answer.

hahaha. This is a football forum not a english class.. Very funny though..
Forest "Holla" Gump.. I may not be a smart man!!

I remember the preseason where Springwood was staring down the barrel of a winless season.

We knew there was going to be pain and got embarrassed on field but dealt overall with dignity and worked hard to improve and still have fun.

I wonder how it will be for BIT trying to still do the above while continually being reminded he acted like an arse clown.

either (ēt̸hər, ī-)

adjective
any (enē)

adjective
There's your answer.

HAHAHAHA. Wow, I have a new found respect for you and Kenmore. That would have to be the funniest thing I have ever read.

Hartlett, coming from Alex I think this applies to you also.. I am surprised you even "get it".

Mate, the only difference between Alex Hills and St. Lucia is Alex Hills have some decent footballers! Can't wait to smack you ***** next weekend!

can someone please explain what the joke is? clearly the bears need to spend less time in the classroom and more time on the training track.

either (ēt̸hər, ī-)

adjective
any (enē)

adjective
There's your answer.

Sorry Bear in There that I'm not a rhodes scholar like yourself because I live in the Beenleigh/Logan area!

Definitely one of those scrags you would find in Logan!

Doesn't matter where you live Harlett, there is always bound to be scrags. If footygirl78 is from Logan City, good on her because how many of your guys have won four straight premierships?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kenmore looked better than last week and put in a decent performance against beenleigh with both the seniors and reserves getting up.

Beenleigh however said they were under manned. Does anyone know how beenleigh would have matched up against the Div one teams last year?

Kenmore looked better than last week and put in a decent performance against beenleigh with both the seniors and reserves getting up.

Beenleigh however said they were under manned. Does anyone know how beenleigh would have matched up against the Div one teams last year?

If Kenmore didn't beat Beenleigh today they should have applied immediately to be dropped down a division. From what i saw today Beenleigh will struggle to win a game and the performance from Kenmore was certainly nothing to write home about!

I admire the spirit of the Kenmore people on this site, but seriously the team you have this year is a mere shadow of last year and that team scrapped into the finals.

Good to see they're playing the juniors coming through but until the day they overcome the bitter rivarly with the Western Magpies and build a healthy relationship they will never be a major player in this competition.

If Kenmore didn't beat Beenleigh today they should have applied immediately to be dropped down a division. From what i saw today Beenleigh will struggle to win a game and the performance from Kenmore was certainly nothing to write home about!

I admire the spirit of the Kenmore people on this site, but seriously the team you have this year is a mere shadow of last year and that team scrapped into the finals.

Good to see they're playing the juniors coming through but until the day they overcome the bitter rivarly with the Western Magpies and build a healthy relationship they will never be a major player in this competition.

Interesting thoughts. I'm pretty sure I know who this is, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not name you. I think it's disappointing that you should say these things when you have some mates who are involved with the Bears (and one of your good mates captaining the side).

Listen there is no denying the team is a shadow of last year's team. There is also no denying we will struggle this year. How this can in any way be sheeted back to Kenmore's relationship with the magpies is a bit ridiculous and fairly arrogant on your behalf.

I'm not too sure what you want the bears to do. Should we actively attempt to poach the magpies players? We don't have anything to offer a player who wants to play at the highest level. What we do now is take the players that the magpies don't want, or who no longer want to play there. Last year's team had 7 former magpies players in the best 22. They were all picked when available and were treated as valuable members of the club. Three of those guys have remained and two of them are captaining the bloody team this year (as you well know).

If the players come across, we pick them, if they don't, we don't pick them. We're also not going to pick magpies players who don't cut it. Yesterday we had magpies guys playing in the reserves and they will stay there unless they show something to be selected. Of course we're going to pick our juniors players. They are the only steady and reliable source of players we get each year. Relying on the few guys the magpies cut is not a way to sustain a club.

Last year's team beat every other club except for Wynnum so when you talk about not being able to cut it in the competition you're a bit off the mark. Last year's team also contained a stack of Kenmore juniors players. Those who left, didn't leave because of any issues with the magpies. I'm not aware of any issues that any of our players have with them and from speaking to former magpies players I don't see that the magpies players have any issues with us.

You're talking garbage and should show come more support for your mates who have left your club to help to build another one. I'm looking forward to a good year with some of the new blokes who have come across from the magpies and some of our juniors who we are hoping to build into our future leaders.

Interesting thoughts. I'm pretty sure I know who this is, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not name you. I think it's disappointing that you should say these things when you have some mates who are involved with the Bears (and one of your good mates captaining the side).

Listen there is no denying the team is a shadow of last year's team. There is also no denying we will struggle this year. How this can in any way be sheeted back to Kenmore's relationship with the magpies is a bit ridiculous and fairly arrogant on your behalf.

I'm not too sure what you want the bears to do. Should we actively attempt to poach the magpies players? We don't have anything to offer a player who wants to play at the highest level. What we do now is take the players that the magpies don't want, or who no longer want to play there. Last year's team had 7 former magpies players in the best 22. They were all picked when available and were treated as valuable members of the club. Three of those guys have remained and two of them are captaining the bloody team this year (as you well know).

If the players come across, we pick them, if they don't, we don't pick them. We're also not going to pick magpies players who don't cut it. Yesterday we had magpies guys playing in the reserves and they will stay there unless they show something to be selected. Of course we're going to pick our juniors players. They are the only steady and reliable source of players we get each year. Relying on the few guys the magpies cut is not a way to sustain a club.

Last year's team beat every other club except for Wynnum so when you talk about not being able to cut it in the competition you're a bit off the mark. Last year's team also contained a stack of Kenmore juniors players. Those who left, didn't leave because of any issues with the magpies. I'm not aware of any issues that any of our players have with them and from speaking to former magpies players I don't see that the magpies players have any issues with us.

You're talking garbage and should show come more support for your mates who have left your club to help to build another one. I'm looking forward to a good year with some of the new blokes who have come across from the magpies and some of our juniors who we are hoping to build into our future leaders.

I went fishing over the weekend and looks like i hooked a bear! :D

I not sure how you have turned my post into this.... I am only given my thoughts about what i see & hear from people involved in AFL in the western suburbs. I have no affilition to any club and i do have mates that play at your club and many other teams in the western suburbs..

I would have thought that you would want your club to competitive year after year so i would think building a healthier relationship with the Western Magpies is a logical step. So i am not sure how this is arrogant or me talking garbage!

Thank god football starts soon so we can see who can back up there chat!

I went fishing over the weekend and looks like i hooked a bear! :D

I not sure how you have turned my post into this.... I am only given my thoughts about what i see & hear from people involved in AFL in the western suburbs. I have no affilition to any club and i do have mates that play at your club and many other teams in the western suburbs..

I would have thought that you would want your club to competitive year after year so i would think building a healthier relationship with the Western Magpies is a logical step. So i am not sure how this is arrogant or me talking garbage!

Thank god football starts soon so we can see who can back up there chat!

Agreed, looking forward to next week too. Come down and have a kick if the knee is up to it.

Logan City played Yeronga's 3rd division side today and won by around 20 goals. All the new recruits are looking promising and it's shaping to be a good season. Taking on flag favourites Robina down there next week in round one and it will be a good gauge to how competitive we can be...

i think you would agree though that a strategic relationship between Western Magpies - Kenmore Bears, based on more than just magpies sending cast offs to Bears, would benefit both clubs. Unfortunately such benefits would be some time into the future - I can't see how either of them will win a game this year. So what's wrong with footy in the Western Suburbs? It needs a think tank and a strategy for the way forward. Uni will always be competitive, but the nature of club means that it will always remain where it is. Magpies and Bears are the way to go for you guys but it just needs some intelligent club administrators to get their heads out of their ar*&%@ and do something about it.

Ellery was there last year wasn't he? A shame IMO, he was a brilliant full back rarely beaten overall even when we were getting done by 20 goals a week.

If Munyard's even in the ball park of being fit he'll absolutely cream that competition.

Given my one year at Beenleigh and year down here I'd probably know more blokes at Logan than Springwood now! ;)

Lenny, any word on how the above mentioned went on the weekend?
Both the new lads at Logan & Beenleigh's efforts V Kenmore.

I don't know why Rabbit has even organised a practice match for us against you guys. I am assuming it is just a confidence booster for us. I feel very sorry for you though. I just hope your team doesn' resort to dirty play when they are gettting spanked. It is only a PRACTICE game remember. We don't want all ins or cheap shots this early on. We will leave that to other teams in your league!

So howd u go Chicka? Logan Still Logan or are the rumors of change down there true?
Despite the dribble from Holla7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back