AFLQ state association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the Div 2 praccy matches. Some pretty tough games.

UQ at Redcliffe will be a tough one, especially with this shitty weather around. If I recall correctly, Redcliffes ground is horrible when wet (been a while since I've been to Rothwell Park, but remember the ground being long, muddy and deep pockets).

Just read the Div 2 praccy matches. Some pretty tough games.

UQ at Redcliffe will be a tough one, especially with this shitty weather around. If I recall correctly, Redcliffes ground is horrible when wet (been a while since I've been to Rothwell Park, but remember the ground being long, muddy and deep pockets).

Yeah one of the muddiest grounds in Brisbane! Played a twos game there a few years ago, almost needed gumboots instead of footy boots!

Surely you are taking the piss??? SURELY.

1. Your reserves team came last ,last year. They were awful both times we played them. I think they would lose Div 2 reserves! I am actually happy you are staying in Div 1. It will give us a guaraneed 2 wins and 2 weeks to practice throughout the season.
2. We didn't go to them at all. THEY CAME TO US> I think that indicates how bad the issues are down there... Going to a rival club after beating them the previous year. Maybe you should give your former team mates a call!
3.Kenmore Spirit - Is that some rip off the Kangaroos?? Must be a whole lot of spirit down there considering 20 players leave an amatuer club. BUBBLING. I just wish we could get some of that at St Lucia. We would be guaranteed a premiership then.

See you next weekend for the practice game mate. Seriously cannot wait.
I would actually like to see how your seniors would go against our reserves. Now that may be of some benefit to both sides. I will say now that the margin will be 15 plus goals.:heart:

Mate, you're gunna get some serious lessons this year. I reckon it will come from us, but if not definitely from some other club. Pride comes before a fall. Anyone who predicts their team to win a practice match by 15 goals must have rocks in their head. Everyone knows teams hide their better players in these matches. We'll be doing the same.

Don't question the Kenmore spirit. It's what has gotten us this far. It's helped us beat teams we were worse than on paper. Even though we lost players, we will never lose that spirit. Go bears!

I find it quite odd that the following weekend, Logan and UQ Div 2's are facing each other at Jimboomba 0_o.

I can understand that the fields aren't available at UQ at the moment. Anyone know why the game can't be played at Logan?

Not too sure, but last time I was at Logan, they had two grounds now, puts them in good pozzy to host finals too. But Id say its because of the on going cricket finals, Their Loganholme team are in the Gold Coast Comp.

Speaking of down south, Any word on how the traditional player drain between Beenleigh & Logan is going?

Logan grounds not handed over from cricket club to footie club till March sometime. Read into it what you will, but just read on Robina site that the ressies game between Beenleigh and Robina cancelled. Could be the ground condition or are Beenleigh's numbers down?

Just quick a one, There are clubs that have already rang the league and said no to playing games this week. And the league has said anymore rain and they will cancel the whole lot. Lets hope so, as do we need to really play in the mud this early in the year.

Just quick a one, There are clubs that have already rang the league and said no to playing games this week. And the league has said anymore rain and they will cancel the whole lot. Lets hope so, as do we need to really play in the mud this early in the year.

Jeez, I would have thought footy is footy. Maybe you meant to write this on the netball forum?

cry me a river goal kicker. fair dinkum that was the lamest thing i've ever read in my life. :thumbsdown:

they are grown men mate and they all want to play football now. but i reckon the league will can the weekends games. i hope they don't do this during the year like last year. the weekend that they did cancell the games. the grounds weren't that badand were still in good nick to play on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that you **** up the grounds now and they won't recover all year.

Precisely. Cancelling games in Round 11 of the normal season is a cop out, but at least if games are cancelled at this time of the year for the same reason, you can understand the logic involved.

So Lads... any tips of Grand Finalists & Spoon contenders for Div 2?

For me..... Redcliffe V Kedron & UQ the spoon again. ;)

I agree. We will certainly be more of a force this year. Another 5-6 Kenmore players are rumoured to be coming over this week after we got another 2 on Tuesday. All that is GREAT for our depth! Expect big things!

And in regards to Goal Kicker.. Get nothing out of it?? You mean practicing playing football in wet conditions? I thought that was what a practice match was for? To practice... One can only hope there is no wet weather football this year for your team!

GO THE RED LIONS!

I agree. We will certainly be more of a force this year. Another 5-6 Kenmore players are rumoured to be coming over this week after we got another 2 on Tuesday. All that is GREAT for our depth! Expect big things!

And in regards to Goal Kicker.. Get nothing out of it?? You mean practicing playing football in wet conditions? I thought that was what a practice match was for? To practice... One can only hope there is no wet weather football this year for your team!

GO THE RED LIONS!
Sorry Lion Man but you are correct, UQ do need to practice a lot on last years form.:thumbsu:

Sorry Lion Man but you are correct, UQ do need to practice a lot on last years form.:thumbsu:

Well said goalkicker, you really kicked a goal with that comment. Haha.
Looks like the poor red kittens miss out on some practise this weekend as our trial match at wynnum has been cancelled. That will give you a bit of a reprieve, but just makes me more excited for our first home and away clash.

Meanwhile lion man, just read on your website that you've taken one of our senior players as your 18s coach. Have you no shame? Seriously!:thumbsdown:

lets just hope what everyone is saying now about there club stands up in 9 months time. MY TOP 4
Caloundra
wynnum
Alex Hills
UQ
in any order.

one quick question to the UQ people on here, how are all the locals taking all the new players coming in from Kenmore. I think getting them to your club will only make your club stronger. :thumbsu:

Well said goalkicker, you really kicked a goal with that comment. Haha.
Looks like the poor red kittens miss out on some practise this weekend as our trial match at wynnum has been cancelled. That will give you a bit of a reprieve, but just makes me more excited for our first home and away clash.

Meanwhile lion man, just read on your website that you've taken one of our senior players as your 18s coach. Have you no shame? Seriously!:thumbsdown:

Shame on us?? they are actively coming to us! We are not poaching them. Shame on your committee/coaching staff. And I think you will find that the senior player involved may be a Red Lion come tonight. Just a guess.;) I also heard on Tuesday night that Tim Plummer (last years medal winner) will be playing for UQ if he gets de listed by the GC side early.

Goalkicker - being a "local" my self, we certainly welcome the additions. It will only make all of our teams stronger. However, their would be some borderline blokes a bit annoyed at missing a spot. Only Cameron Stirling from Kenmore has claimed a senior spot to date though.

Shame on us?? they are actively coming to us! We are not poaching them. Shame on your committee/coaching staff. And I think you will find that the senior player involved may be a Red Lion come tonight. Just a guess.;) I also heard on Tuesday night that Tim Plummer (last years medal winner) will be playing for UQ if he gets de listed by the GC side early.

Goalkicker - being a "local" my self, we certainly welcome the additions. It will only make all of our teams stronger. However, their would be some borderline blokes a bit annoyed at missing a spot. Only Cameron Stirling from Kenmore has claimed a senior spot to date though.

If that's true about Tim Plummer, the other sides might as well pack up and go home. UQ will be 10 goals better than the next best side. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back