AFLQ state association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far a Yeronga go, I think with Fat Rabs coaching all we can expect from them is a first prize in goal celebrations and sledging. Does need an uppercut that bloke..... And a muzzle come to think of it!

Being a bit biased here, but I think the mighty Red Lions should be back up there this year. A new coach on board has certainly seen an improved atmosphere down at the club. Have picked up 3 of Kenmore's top 10 B&F players, Cam Stirling, Steve Webster and Ryan Croft. Chasing Shane Etherton as well as apparently he has also left the bears. Club Stalwards Paris and hollywood have had blistering pre seasons for the first time in years and we should see the results of that on the field! Our ressies should be as strong as always this year. I am tipping two grand final appearances for us this year.

Seniors GF - UQ V Caloundra
Reserves GF - UQ V Yeronga

Good stuff guys, Devils being written off before it starts, thanks for the ammo, and just to let you know it will be a well disciplined, well drilled and fit Devils that hit the track come Round1.

Great numbers, great spirit and great work ethic in what shapes as a difficult year for the club, but the committee and coaching staff working extra hard to overcome the loss of our home ground for a year.

Good to see you trotted out all the cliches around Yeronga, but very far from the truth, actually just a bunch a young guys having a good time, with the idea this year that anything is possible. Thats the spirit and intent we will play the season with, not rash predictions before Rd1.

Seeing as the season is closer to start now does anyone have any information on pick ups from any particular side like Wynumm and Alex Hills.. All i am hearing here is chat getting thrown from UQ about who they have picked up, but is it only three players they have gotten from kenmore? That doesn't sound like a mass exodus...

I have heard around the place that UQ have also lost a couple of there top players from last year is this correct?

Good stuff guys, Devils being written off before it starts, thanks for the ammo, and just to let you know it will be a well disciplined, well drilled and fit Devils that hit the track come Round1.

Great numbers, great spirit and great work ethic in what shapes as a difficult year for the club, but the committee and coaching staff working extra hard to overcome the loss of our home ground for a year.

Good to see you trotted out all the cliches around Yeronga, but very far from the truth, actually just a bunch a young guys having a good time, with the idea this year that anything is possible. Thats the spirit and intent we will play the season with, not rash predictions before Rd1.

No one's writing you off mate. Just a comment that with fat rabs at the helm, Yeronga could possibly be more obnoxious and arrogant than ever before (if that is humanly possible). You guys have the easy end of the draw and could scrape into finals if one of the good sides has a massive injury crisis or breaches salary cap regulations and has all their points erased. :thumbsu:

No one's writing you off mate. Just a comment that with fat rabs at the helm, Yeronga could possibly be more obnoxious and arrogant than ever before (if that is humanly possible). You guys have the easy end of the draw and could scrape into finals if one of the good sides has a massive injury crisis or breaches salary cap regulations and has all their points erased. :thumbsu:

Get over yourself hobbit you idiot. "Fat Rabs" would have kicked more goals by himself than UQ (if that is your team) kicked in both 07 and 08 in total. We will be celebrating our goals when we flog your skinny seagulling team.
As tigerboy said. Thanks for the ammo. It will be a challenge this year with the ground, but rabbit has given us a great pre season and a great attitude.

Get over yourself hobbit you idiot. "Fat Rabs" would have kicked more goals by himself than UQ (if that is your team) kicked in both 07 and 08 in total. We will be celebrating our goals when we flog your skinny seagulling team.
As tigerboy said. Thanks for the ammo. It will be a challenge this year with the ground, but rabbit has given us a great pre season and a great attitude.

Chicka, nice to hear from you. I'm not affiliated with any clubs anymore. Haven't been for some time. Just think that a club that is seriously in need of an image makeover might have chosen a better example to their players to assist them with that.

Chicka, nice to hear from you. I'm not affiliated with any clubs anymore. Haven't been for some time. Just think that a club that is seriously in need of an image makeover might have chosen a better example to their players to assist them with that.
What has rabbit done on the field to make him a bad coach, lets not shoot him or the club down before we give him a chance. The level we play at the the best coaches usally make the feeling around the club enjoyable and the rabbitt will do that for sure.

The level we play at the the best coaches usally make the feeling around the club enjoyable and the rabbitt will do that for sure.

Top point :thumbsu:

And he's done that in spades so far. I know he has the boys full confidence and a happy club is a successful club.

Go Devils!

Listen I can kind of see where you're coming from. It would have been nice if Yeronga had shown some humility in their premiership years. Nothing worse than going down to a team and have them laughing at you and doing post-goal celebrations on the field. A bit of humility wouldn't have gone astray back then. :( Personally, even though other teams beat us by more, it was always them that I hated playing because of their lack of respect for the opposition.

But let's hope they turn that around and have a great year. They're a very proud club and last year was not a good year for them. It would be great to see them get back to their glory days. I would love to see them pants UQ and give Wynnum a bit of a run for their money. :thumbsu:

Wouldn't write Yeronga or the Bears off for a top four finish just yet. :footy:

With games this week cancelled in State Association, interesting to see next weeks matches completely revised as to what was originally organised (in Div 2, not sure about Div 1). Fair enough first round of matches cancelled, but why not play round two matches as scheduled? Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

With games this week cancelled in State Association, interesting to see next weeks matches completely revised as to what was originally organised (in Div 2, not sure about Div 1). Fair enough first round of matches cancelled, but why not play round two matches as scheduled? Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

so are the fixtures the same as this week next week in other words. if rains next week they shouldn't cancel the games, i know the clubs and teams wouldn't want the games cancelled. they all want match practice and a bit of rain shouldn't stop it.

last year was ridiculas when they cancelled those games over a bit of rain. i wonder if there is outside influences making the decisions and not the league

does anyone know who and where Cabooture play in the revised practice matches, are the "practicing" in Div 1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Lads... any tips of Grand Finalists & Spoon contenders for Div 2?

For me..... Redcliffe V Kedron & UQ the spoon again. ;)

For me I like Kedron and Calamvale, with Beenleigh the spoon.

Couple of dark horses this year, with lots of rumours of players leaving clubs and the Griffith/Moorooka merge things could be interesting.

have heard they are struggling with lots of players leaving, maybe not spooners but they will be close

Couple of dark horses this year, with lots of rumours of players leaving clubs and the Griffith/Moorooka merge things could be interesting.
Who won the B & F for Calamvale last season? I heard he's on the move to Coorparoo this year

I'm tipping the Griffith/Moorooka team as a smokey for some finals action.:thumbsu:

Get over yourself Chicka. You and your Yeronga mates are w@nkers at the best of times, now you have this fat @rse running the show you are going to be even bigger t0ssers. It's a shame you won't have the footballing ability to back up your ****y attitudes.

Sounds like Kenmore is up sh!t creek without a paddle. Think they will be facing off with Aspley and Yeronga for the wooden spoon this year.

Wynnum won't be as strong as previous years, but will still be able to beat the likes of Kenmore, Aspley, Yeronga and Coorparoo. Would probably be close between them, Uni and Caloundra.

Bombers are going to be as strong as ever!!! After last years loss in the Granny, we'll be out to inflict some pain on the whole competition this. We've managed to retain most of our young guns and have picked up some little gems too.

My ladder prediction:

Alex Hills
Caloundra
Uni
Wynnum
Coorparoo
Aspley
Yeronga
Kenmore

UP THE BOMBERS!!!!

Get over yourself Chicka. You and your Yeronga mates are w@nkers at the best of times, now you have this fat @rse running the show you are going to be even bigger t0ssers. It's a shame you won't have the footballing ability to back up your ****y attitudes.

Sounds like Kenmore is up sh!t creek without a paddle. Think they will be facing off with Aspley and Yeronga for the wooden spoon this year.

Wynnum won't be as strong as previous years, but will still be able to beat the likes of Kenmore, Aspley, Yeronga and Coorparoo. Would probably be close between them, Uni and Caloundra.

Bombers are going to be as strong as ever!!! After last years loss in the Granny, we'll be out to inflict some pain on the whole competition this. We've managed to retain most of our young guns and have picked up some little gems too.

My ladder prediction:

Alex Hills
Caloundra
Uni
Wynnum
Coorparoo
Aspley
Yeronga
Kenmore

UP THE BOMBERS!!!!
Bit of confidence there! Lets see after everyone has played each other once how good Alex are going to be.

can someone tell us what the games are this week and who is playing where. can't get the fixture up on my computer

Div 2 practice matches:
Robina v Beenleigh (Robina)
Logan v Calamvale (Jimboomba)
Redcliffe v Pine Rivers (Redcliffe)
Griffith/Moorooka v Ipswich (Moorooka)
Kedron v UQ2 (Kedron)

Hartlett, you've got the bears this weekend in a trial match. What is your prediction? I'm expecting you to win by 35 - 45 goals.

Looking at what people have said on here, if the Bears have actually lost that many players we will smoke them. Last year we beat their seniors by over 100 points one round and their reserves got spanked by our ressies. Seems to me that we will be playing the Bears Reserves from last year, so I think we'll get up by 200 points. If it rains, it might only be 100.

It's pretty unfair that we don't get to play a decent team before the season actually starts. Would be nice to have a proper game, not just a walk in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back