AFLQ state association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's Dan Wayne. He's 18 and one of the more talented 18 year olds we have had at the club for some time. If you were playing seniors you might not have played against the other guys, but we had a strong team last year and all 3 were knocking on the door.

There will be few things more satisfying than pumping you guys this year!

This has to be a joke. Please tell me you're taking the piss. How can you have 3 reserves players now in the senior leadership group and still think you're going to be competitive? Do yourselves a favour and play div.3

Starting to think that 207 points is too few. In the regular season we would beat you by heaps more. You're lucky that there is no time on this weekend. I can feel a 300 point thrashing coming on in round 2!

Even though hartlett clearly has rocks in his head, I don't think he would be so stupid as to reveal his name even though it would be absolutely fantastic if he did :thumbsu: I don't think he has enough nuts to do that.. I think I may have to just print a few of these hartlett posts out though.. Give the boys a look. What do you think your chances are of beating us God, I mean Hartlett...

I am starting to actually feel sorry for Kenmore, even though they are our cross town rivals. My mate at Kenmore(who used to play with us) tells me things just keep getting worse over there. He seems to think it stems from the committee, in particular one ex magpie personal who was booted from their club. Much un rest with the new coach also. They sure seem to hate their coaches!! Their co captain Renee is coaching our 18's this year, and based on the one training he had with us, I don't think he would make our 2nd's. Great motivator and talker though, so should be great in the leadeship role I guess.

Even though hartlett clearly has rocks in his head, I don't think he would be so stupid as to reveal his name even though it would be absolutely fantastic if he did :thumbsu: I don't think he has enough nuts to do that.. I think I may have to just print a few of these hartlett posts out though.. Give the boys a look. What do you think your chances are of beating us God, I mean Hartlett...

I am starting to actually feel sorry for Kenmore, even though they are our cross town rivals. My mate at Kenmore(who used to play with us) tells me things just keep getting worse over there. He seems to think it stems from the committee, in particular one ex magpie personal who was booted from their club. Much un rest with the new coach also. They sure seem to hate their coaches!! Their co captain Renee is coaching our 18's this year, and based on the one training he had with us, I don't think he would make our 2nd's. Great motivator and talker though, so should be great in the leadeship role I guess.

Uni were pathetic last year. We had harder games against Aspley and they were ordinary. If you guys have any chance of competing with us, you would need 12 new players in your starting line-up. By the sounds of it, you've only picked up about 5. Still 7 players short of being good mate.

Looks like the only thing that can solve this is a giant pissing contest. lol.
Just FYI, I know a few blokes involved with this league.

From what I hear Alex Hills, Wynnum and Kenmore are all going to be weaker. Kenmore will be considerably weaker, there is some talk about a falling out with players and committee/coaches. The other two have just lost a few guns who they claim to be replacing. Caloundra will be far stronger and have picked up one of the top players from last year's Pineapple Hotel Cup. They are the team to watch.

Aspley should improve, but the nature of their circumstances means they will not play finals. Uni have recruited strongly. I don't know much about Yeronga and Coorparoo.

My tip for the ladder

Caloundra
Wynnum
Alex
Uni
Coorparoo
Yeronga
Aspley
Kenmore

Uni were pathetic last year. We had harder games against Aspley and they were ordinary. If you guys have any chance of competing with us, you would need 12 new players in your starting line-up. By the sounds of it, you've only picked up about 5. Still 7 players short of being good mate.
Mate, all you are doing is Antagonising the opposition, if you really are from Alex I think everyone here hopes you guys do go through undefeated, but gets pumped in the GF. You had a few teams in the GF last year didn't you?? How many did you win?? Until you win a GF shut up and leave the other sides to look after themselves...

Mate, all you are doing is Antagonising the opposition, if you really are from Alex I think everyone here hopes you guys do go through undefeated, but gets pumped in the GF. You had a few teams in the GF last year didn't you?? How many did you win?? Until you win a GF shut up and leave the other sides to look after themselves...
hahaha well said broman, couldnt agree more!!!

you have one good year last year in how long?? and my guess is you probably arent even in the seniors, i know a cpl of alex players and know they arent anywhere near cocky towards any team... unlike you!! i suppose you would give st kilda or geelong a run for their money as well.... and beat melbourne by what - at least 80 points (sorry any demons fans)

Not sure who you mates are, or what Alex you are thinking of, but playing them last year it seems "Hartlett" fits their mould exactly. They were massively arrogant and cocky. And people say that we are full of ourselves!

Hartlett, we are having a get together this Sunday at 3 at the normanby. Bit of team bonding you might say. Be great if you could come and meet all the Yeronga lads! ;)

Why's that Chicka? Are you w***ers trying to sign him up? He'd probably get captain at this rate.

Thanks for the heads up. Was considering going to the Normanby on the weekend, but I think I'll give that the big side step.

I have never heard more self absorbed rubbish then is what coming from Hartlett. Any football player who is worth having in a senior team in this league does not boast half as much as you do. I have only ever smelt and heard such tripe coming from a half rotten cow.

Although Kenmore have lost a few players there is not so many that half left from bad blood with the club as from starting a new chapter in their lives.

The coach that kenmore has this year is harder and is bringing kenmore around from last years rubbish coaching that was getting thown around last year.

I am sure Alex hills will still be good like they were last year but talking yourself up to win by 200 points this early in the season is a joke.

I have never heard more self absorbed rubbish then is what coming from Hartlett. Any football player who is worth having in a senior team in this league does not boast half as much as you do. I have only ever smelt and heard such tripe coming from a half rotten cow.

Although Kenmore have lost a few players there is not so many that half left from bad blood with the club as from starting a new chapter in their lives.

The coach that kenmore has this year is harder and is bringing kenmore around from last years rubbish coaching that was getting thown around last year.

I am sure Alex hills will still be good like they were last year but talking yourself up to win by 200 points this early in the season is a joke.

Interesting comments about the coaching? I thought last year was probably the most successful year your club has had. Certainly towled us up on both occasions. I thougt the coaching was shared between the senior coach and league B&F winner and VFL player T.Plummer? Surely can't of been too bad?

Interesting comments about the coaching? I thought last year was probably the most successful year your club has had. Certainly towled us up on both occasions. I thougt the coaching was shared between the senior coach and league B&F winner and VFL player T.Plummer? Surely can't of been too bad?

Well certainly nothing bad can be said about T plummer from what i saw he was good for the club and his knowledge for the boys was good. But there was certainly a clash of personalities between the head coach and Tim. The coach had no real goals and had not coached a senior football team before.
The lack of goals and clear instructions last year put a few of the players off there football and this has translated to the start of this year.
New coaching new direction and a clear path for the club this year is just were it is at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate from what I hear you could have Ron Barassi, Leigh Matthews and Norm Smith coaching your mob and you would still lose by 200 points. See you Saturday for a nice light training session for us and a massive reality check for you.

Well certainly nothing bad can be said about T plummer from what i saw he was good for the club and his knowledge for the boys was good. But there was certainly a clash of personalities between the head coach and Tim. The coach had no real goals and had not coached a senior football team before.
The lack of goals and clear instructions last year put a few of the players off there football and this has translated to the start of this year.
New coaching new direction and a clear path for the club this year is just were it is at.

New direction would be down my friend. We have Brent Kline training with us over here and he said the place was an absolute joke compared to last year. He said blokes who literally struggle to kick will be playing seniors.
When I mentioned the names of the two new captains he just laughed and said they couldnt get a kick on the few occasions they played seniors last year?

New direction would be down my friend. We have Brent Kline training with us over here and he said the place was an absolute joke compared to last year. He said blokes who literally struggle to kick will be playing seniors.
When I mentioned the names of the two new captains he just laughed and said they couldnt get a kick on the few occasions they played seniors last year?

Kliney's a good bloke, but he didn't play too much for footy us last year from memory and he's off the mark with that comment. Dobbo would have been in our best 22 last year if he wasn't so injury prone. In my oppinion, he has had this captain job thrust upon him more than anything and it is great for the club that he has taken it on. Great leader and great bloke. Probably expected to just come along and play footy without any obligations, but with all the other blokes leaving he has done what was required of him.

The vice captain Dan is also a gun player who will be a future leader of the club. While the others aren't great footballers and spent most of their time in the reserves last year, they are well liked around the club which means they're half way there already. They will both play seniors all year this year.

Anyway, the season isn't too far away so it won't be long before we find out where we're placed. :footy:

Happydaze, Calamvale had better hope they beat Logan. Word from down that way is players Logan have picked up from Geelong League have had to return for a unfortunate funeral. So Logan SHOULD be at Reserve grade strength. It will take them a few weeks to get their numbers back!
Will be very interesting to see & then line it up with the Alex game.

I wont to change my tip for the DIV 2 GF, Kedron out & after doing a bit of home work, Redcliffe will be joined by Logan in the big one. UQ will hold onto the spoon just from a rapidly dropping Beenleigh & Moorooka/Griffith!

I know a bloke that trains with both Logan & Springwood & reckons that with the players that Logan have attracted, Cobras would dust the Pumas at this stage!

Watch this space!

Billy P are you saying all 22 seniors are going to a funeral in Geelong to make it a "ressies" side? Or are you just saying that Logan will be missing a few top senior players? Making reasons for a poor showing already? How many did they get from Geelong, we got some from Balarat, and I will raise you one from tassie. They may or may not be going to a funeral/wedding/birthday/barmitzvah/the opening of an envelope.

If Griffith/Moorooka arent in the finals then it is going to be one very tough season, word is they are getting 50 to training when its pissing down.
By the way Calamvale will be playing Logan at Moorooka from 11 am on Saturday not Jimboomba. Might hang around and watch how your potential sponers go against Ipswich, who have lost heaps of players to Collinwood park etc.

I heard that Kenmore had an interclub game two weeks ago and it turned into a 13 a side game as that is all that showed up. If the stories about more players leaving since are true, they need to decide where they fit into the scheme of leagues etc before the season starts and stuff up all the draws from Div 3 up. Doubling up works for the first couple of weeks then it gets a little stale, and does the club more damage then swallowing pride and rebuilding, Strathpine did it.

Happydaze, Calamvale had better hope they beat Logan. Word from down that way is players Logan have picked up from Geelong League have had to return for a unfortunate funeral. So Logan SHOULD be at Reserve grade strength. It will take them a few weeks to get their numbers back!
Will be very interesting to see & then line it up with the Alex game.

I wont to change my tip for the DIV 2 GF, Kedron out & after doing a bit of home work, Redcliffe will be joined by Logan in the big one. UQ will hold onto the spoon just from a rapidly dropping Beenleigh & Moorooka/Griffith!

I know a bloke that trains with both Logan & Springwood & reckons that with the players that Logan have attracted, Cobras would dust the Pumas at this stage!

Watch this space!

Hey Billy P, what's the word out of Redcliffe? heard any news from other clubs in this division?

Not sure who you mates are, or what Alex you are thinking of, but playing them last year it seems "Hartlett" fits their mould exactly. They were massively arrogant and cocky. And people say that we are full of ourselves!

Hartlett, we are having a get together this Sunday at 3 at the normanby. Bit of team bonding you might say. Be great if you could come and meet all the Yeronga lads! ;)
cant say specifics of when you played them chika, but im sure any team beating you guys would probably give some of the arrogance they have copped back to you!! and probably no-one more qualified to comment on arrogance and cockiness a yeronga player...

Sounds to me Hartlett lile the only thing you're qualified to talk about is how much cr@p one person can talk in a single post.

Anyone out there part of the Pineapple Hotel Cup - where people actually have a clue?

Definitely have enough for two teams. Don't worry about that. Only person I'd be worried for is Hartlett when we pump Alex Hills this weekend.

:footy:

Hey Billy P, what's the word out of Redcliffe? heard any news from other clubs in this division?

Footy king I believe they have got back a heap from their last premiership team. I live up that way & watched a bit of them last year. If they just add a few to last years list, watch them go!

Not much else, there was a good write up in the Gold Coast Bully on a few of the Clubs from South on the River a few weeks back. Robina said they have dropped back to two sides this year is that, any word on that?
Might be why they didnt push for Div 1?

Billy P are you saying all 22 seniors are going to a funeral in Geelong to make it a "ressies" side? Or are you just saying that Logan will be missing a few top senior players? Making reasons for a poor showing already? How many did they get from Geelong, we got some from Balarat, and I will raise you one from tassie. They may or may not be going to a funeral/wedding/birthday/barmitzvah/the opening of an envelope.

If Griffith/Moorooka arent in the finals then it is going to be one very tough season, word is they are getting 50 to training when its pissing down.
By the way Calamvale will be playing Logan at Moorooka from 11 am on Saturday not Jimboomba. Might hang around and watch how your potential sponers go against Ipswich, who have lost heaps of players to Collinwood park etc.

Happydaze, let us know how they they all go at Moorooka on Sat. Especially since now you've put your neck out and talked up the under achieving Leopards.
Moorooka & Griffith where always going to have good numbers, with two squads combining..............but I didnt here u mention any quality with them or the Leopards new lads?

We got good numbers to our last T**ty Bum show too, but God the quality was terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back