AFLQ state association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few Suprises are Conclusion of Round 4..

As i tipped Uni Would upset the vikings.....Rat in the ranks over at the vikings...

The kings cruised by kenmore as expected..

Caloundra Sent a stern message to the rest of the comp thumping yeronga out at richlands...

Bombers Had a hard fought win Over the honerts out at aspley...

This leaves a top of the table clash Between..The Kings and Bombers out at alex on saturday arvo should be a cracker???? tips anyone??

Not sure if there were threats that serious.... Unfortunately not something our club wants to have happen and the umpires report will tell the tale I am sure.... Apologies again to the crew at Kedron, it wasn't acceptable..

A few Suprises are Conclusion of Round 4..

As i tipped Uni Would upset the vikings.....Rat in the ranks over at the vikings...

The kings cruised by kenmore as expected..

Caloundra Sent a stern message to the rest of the comp thumping yeronga out at richlands...

Bombers Had a hard fought win Over the honerts out at aspley...

This leaves a top of the table clash Between..The Kings and Bombers out at alex on saturday arvo should be a cracker???? tips anyone??

Bombers 2010

"rat in the ranks..." care to elaborate more?? sounds like you know whats going on down there?

interesting to see Calamvale's assistant coach threatening to kill an umpire at half time on saturday. Will be very interesting to hear the outcome.....

I've been reading for a while & this is my first post....

'Up North', Im tipping no chance of anything major happening here. AFLQ too soft. It will be swept under the carpet. :cool:

Great game on the weekend from the boys. I must say Yeronga are a shell of what they used to be. Whispers on the field were that rabs might not see out the season unless they string a few together. Interesting to hear some of the players' thoughts on why Aldridge left. Obviously his decision was unpopular, but don't be surprised to see a few more leave the devil's lair in the coming weeks. Seems to be a serious amount of discontent from the bottom up.

Things are quiet in the Camp accross the river in Cobra Land.

Whats happening boys? A touch up in the swimming pool at Caboolture and everone has gone quiet.

oh Publician, your lack of ability to spell is made up for by you ability to sh!t stir. the 'cobbies' sound like they copped a serious reality check from caboolture who probably won't even play finals. i bet there were a few black eyes at fitzys on saturday night.

I was thinking the same thing, no Hartlett and Logan getting pantsed and this place goes quiet.

As for a few black eyes, a few loose units running around down Logan way, one challenging a scoreboard attendant to jump the fence after he didn't make the distance from 30 metres, and another screaming something about wanting to crack skulls. Their magoos had players sent, and one bloke who reportedly couldn't spell his last name.

That said, their magoos played good simple wet weather footy and got the points, much kudos to them.

oh Publician, your lack of ability to spell is made up for by you ability to sh!t stir. the 'cobbies' sound like they copped a serious reality check from caboolture who probably won't even play finals. i bet there were a few black eyes at fitzys on saturday night.
Funny that no black eyes at fitsy's,bus trip home was a bit how u goin but! Yes we played like shit and hats off to the caboolture boys who played well in the cyclone,we played like shit and deserved the spanking which we were kindly given..umm one question,do they not sell lawn mowers north of redcliffe? either way we will learn from the loss and have a few players returning this week so we will hopefully bounce straight back against griffith/moorooka..Again well played caboolture

Funny that no black eyes at fitsy's,bus trip home was a bit how u goin but! Yes we played like shit and hats off to the caboolture boys who played well in the cyclone,we played like shit and deserved the spanking which we were kindly given..umm one question,do they not sell lawn mowers north of redcliffe? either way we will learn from the loss and have a few players returning this week so we will hopefully bounce straight back against griffith/moorooka..Again well played caboolture

I will concur, the grass was ankle length, although it was mowed yesterday. It was a gluepot in places, in my opinion it was ideal footy conditions, a real slog.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you looked like a team that could do quite well if they can string some performances together, once or twice you threatened to get going in the Seniors, but once Caboolture answered, there wasn't much left, the wet weather may have been a factor here.

Did I see 2 small buses? How did that arrangement go? We usually go in the one big bus, but I was wondering how the 2 buses were set up? Magoos in one and Seniors in the other?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently they could only get 2 small buses and not the one large bus! I think the bigger bus contained the misfits group and the smaller was for the officials and sober ppl. Same with yourselves,i think uz will go well this year and prob didnt play your best against kedron and had a point to prove that uz are contenders which every other games you's have proved. Wont blame the wet weather as u play the conditions that u are dealt. Good luck to u guys as well

Surprise!

That was a tough week for me, not being able to post. Now I'm back, this forum might actually get some talk happening again.

Looking at last week:

Have lost all respect for Wynnum. I thought they were going to be our only competition, but it looks like they're a team full of has beens.

Aspley has improved, but still won't be a serious threat to any team in the top 5. We had a pretty average team in and still managed a comfortable win.

Yeronga seem to have gone downhill even since the start of the season. It's going to be a long year for them, especially if they fall to the depths of Kenmore.

Coorparoo should have beaten Kenmore by more than what they did. Obviously they had a few outs or the ground conditions must have been pretty terrible.

Exciting next 3 weeks with the top 4 teams playing each other. Will be good to show the competition where we're at when we come out of the next 3 weeks 7-0.

I'm on probation, so that's why my post is so nice to everyone. Can't wait for when probation is over.

Much love,

Hartlett

I was thinking the same thing, no Hartlett and Logan getting pantsed and this place goes quiet.

As for a few black eyes, a few loose units running around down Logan way, one challenging a scoreboard attendant to jump the fence after he didn't make the distance from 30 metres, and another screaming something about wanting to crack skulls. Their magoos had players sent, and one bloke who reportedly couldn't spell his last name.

That said, their magoos played good simple wet weather footy and got the points, much kudos to them.

haha, he was challenging that pie eater to see if he could do a better job??

Caboolture will be very hard to beat on the goat track that is their home ground....

haha, he was challenging that pie eater to see if he could do a better job??

Caboolture will be very hard to beat on the goat track that is their home ground....

The tale got told afterwards that the bigger guy was silent through out and it was the smaller guy that was said "You won't kick a goal, you're too scared" and when he proceeded to not make the distance the guy said "I knew you were too scared". All in all I think it was simply a bit of fun for all involved, figuring the truth is somewhere in between the two tales.

The tale got told afterwards that the bigger guy was silent through out and it was the smaller guy that was said "You won't kick a goal, you're too scared" and when he proceeded to not make the distance the guy said "I knew you were too scared". All in all I think it was simply a bit of fun for all involved, figuring the truth is somewhere in between the two tales.

Are yes... footy banter. But I agree the Logan Boys seem very quiet. Especially little Holla, so I did a bit of research......maybe the Logan lads, as well as all you struggling reserve graders from other clubs, should take a leaf outa Holla's book.

A bit of self promotion never hurt anyone............apparently?
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=78218898235&v=info&ref=search

:D:D:D:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Surprise!

That was a tough week for me, not being able to post. Now I'm back, this forum might actually get some talk happening again.

Looking at last week:

Have lost all respect for Wynnum. I thought they were going to be our only competition, but it looks like they're a team full of has beens.

Aspley has improved, but still won't be a serious threat to any team in the top 5. We had a pretty average team in and still managed a comfortable win.

Yeronga seem to have gone downhill even since the start of the season. It's going to be a long year for them, especially if they fall to the depths of Kenmore.

Coorparoo should have beaten Kenmore by more than what they did. Obviously they had a few outs or the ground conditions must have been pretty terrible.

Exciting next 3 weeks with the top 4 teams playing each other. Will be good to show the competition where we're at when we come out of the next 3 weeks 7-0.

I'm on probation, so that's why my post is so nice to everyone. Can't wait for when probation is over.

Much love,

Hartlett
well it was peaceful without you hartlett. i have written to the administrator hoping to get you shut down for good. In the meantime, how's Forster's hammy? is a real bad injury or just a few weeks?

Good to see our girls representing again. A few would consider themselves unlucky, but we'll do the cobbies proud!

Former Queensland Open women’s coach Steve Turner will return to the representative scene at the 2010 State Championships in Cairns on Friday.

Turner, who coached the 2006 Queensland State team before taking a break from football, will take charge of the Cairns side for what will be a three-match series against the Brisbane side, coached by Marlo Brack.

The two teams will play at Fretwell Park at 7pm on Friday (30 April) and at Cazaly’s Stadium at 4pm next on Sunday (2 May) and 10.30am on Monday (3 May).

The line-up for the carnival was cut to two teams after teams from the Northern Territory, Papua New Guinea and Australian Defence Force withdrew.

Katie Brennan, who won All-Australian selection following last year’s Australian Championships in Perth, will head a Brisbane side with Jade Pregeli, a former All-Australian who also is in a 40-strong Australian squad that will attend a national camp in Melbourne in June.

Joanne Butland, current Queensland and former All-Australian captain, will head the Cairns side with fellow captains Monika Dugga and Laura Martin.

Teams are:
Brisbane: Teegan Stevenson, Hinano Kaisara, Rakee Tagaloa, (Zillmere), Debbie Lowe, Laura Madden, Juanita Mottram, Sherie Sayle, Jenna Van Dyk, Georgia Black, Bec Andrews, Katherine May, Kate Misson (Morningside), Libby Scott, Monique Lepri (Kedron), Jade Pregelj, Katie Brennan, Alicia Johnson, Pippa McWha, Adair Henderson, Dimittee Henderson, Mikayla Stephen (Logan), Lauren James (Western Magpies). Coach: Marlo Brack.

Surprise!

Looking at last week:

Much love,

Hartlett
it has been quiet of late and the banter rather tame. Look forward to it heating up again when your let off the leash! Then we can start to bag you again. 7-0 in a few weeks time is a big call. I seriously don't think any team can go undefeated, however in saying that you could do it throughout the home and away only to fall short as per previous years. What happened last year??? Please remind everyone again as to the result? 3 teams in and how many wins??

Great game on the weekend from the boys. I must say Yeronga are a shell of what they used to be. Whispers on the field were that rabs might not see out the season unless they string a few together. Interesting to hear some of the players' thoughts on why Aldridge left. Obviously his decision was unpopular, but don't be surprised to see a few more leave the devil's lair in the coming weeks. Seems to be a serious amount of discontent from the bottom up.

Can't say i would rate a coach as anything less then heartless if they did leave half way through a season due to not winning. If he got trufed by the committee then unfortuneate to him but leaving because your team is losing is just weak. Discontent hey no good but these things always happen when your team is losing no one enjoys getting belted.

We certainly know what getting belted is like but i don't see anyone leaving kenmore anytime soon.

Are yes... footy banter. But I agree the Logan Boys seem very quiet. Especially little Holla, so I did a bit of research......maybe the Logan lads, as well as all you struggling reserve graders from other clubs, should take a leaf outa Holla's book.

A bit of self promotion never hurt anyone............apparently?
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=78218898235&v=info&ref=search

:D:D:D:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

A Brunker their isn't alot to say about the Cobras. Great win by the Magoos in atrocious conditions up there in the Lions territory. Still getting to know each other with many new faces at Logan this year and we will only get better as each week goes by.

The Seniors were disappointing and they know that (hence the comment from Cloud of Smoke). They let Caboolture out of the gate too early and the scoreboard reflected that at the end of the first quarter. To their credit they never gave up and the Lions are to be congratulated for a great performance after a shocker against Kedron. Like the two's the Seniors are still getting used to each other and they will continue to improve.

You must have alot of time on your hands A Brunker to search through Facebook for myself. I can tell you that I had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of that Facebook page whatsoever. It was infact created by the wife of a former long term player at the Cobras and it is flattering to know that someone thinks I still have something to offer the Seniors (albeit it was created last season with a terrible photo from several seasons ago). As mentioned in earlier posts I consider myself to be an average footballer and will continue to play whatever grade Logan wants me to be in. I'm all about what's best for the club, not the individual.

Back onto the Cobras and I am predicting two good wins by both grades against Griffith Moorooka at home this weekend but will still treat the Roosters with the respect they deserve as any team can win on any day, regardless of ladder positions.

A Brunker their isn't alot to say about the Cobras. Great win by the Magoos in atrocious conditions up there in the Lions territory. Still getting to know each other with many new faces at Logan this year and we will only get better as each week goes by.

The Seniors were disappointing and they know that (hence the comment from Cloud of Smoke). They let Caboolture out of the gate too early and the scoreboard reflected that at the end of the first quarter. To their credit they never gave up and the Lions are to be congratulated for a great performance after a shocker against Kedron. Like the two's the Seniors are still getting used to each other and they will continue to improve.

You must have alot of time on your hands A Brunker to search through Facebook for myself. I can tell you that I had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of that Facebook page whatsoever. It was infact created by the wife of a former long term player at the Cobras and it is flattering to know that someone thinks I still have something to offer the Seniors (albeit it was created last season with a terrible photo from several seasons ago). As mentioned in earlier posts I consider myself to be an average footballer and will continue to play whatever grade Logan wants me to be in. I'm all about what's best for the club, not the individual.

Back onto the Cobras and I am predicting two good wins by both grades against Griffith Moorooka at home this weekend but will still treat the Roosters with the respect they deserve as any team can win on any day, regardless of ladder positions.
Well said holla! BUT, In saying u have to be impressed with the reseach that a brunker has done to find that.. But can confirm that the great holla has been playin well so far this yr so keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back