Aflq state league div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
that should be good, lets hope it's good hit out for the boys. got a feeling that mayne and pumas will do well this year

Brendan Forbes, Josh Walker from Aspley both playing at Sandgate, Rob Lucas from Morningside training as well. Word is they have two highly rated Victorians headed up next week as well. Pretty good list of recruits so far, Trent Fuller from Kenmore is looking solid. Could be a good year for the Hawks.

Brendan Forbes, Josh Walker from Aspley both playing at Sandgate, Rob Lucas from Morningside training as well. Word is they have two highly rated Victorians headed up next week as well. Pretty good list of recruits so far, Trent Fuller from Kenmore is looking solid. Could be a good year for the Hawks.

where did you hear forbes was playing for sandgate

Forbes is still training with Aspley - Rob Lucas should have retired a couple of years ago!!

Forbes is still training with Aspley - Rob Lucas should have retired a couple of years ago!!

He still can get a kick. Won the league medal in '04 with Nortshore. Played QLD Country, and over 100 games State League Football. Shoud've retired maybe, but still got a lot to offer. Young blokes will be able to learn a bit of him this year if the reports are true.

Where did Forbes train last night, and last Thurs. Suspect he may be in action tomoorow for a game with the hawks... Lucas still got plenty to offer in this comp

I disagree, he is still a very good footballer. Good solid defender, plays above his height, hard at it and can find the footy. He'd be a very good centreman at divi 2 level

has he signed with the club?

was he just standing around and chatting with some of his mates?

id he helping with the training of the team?

He was running around wearing a sandgate singlet training. From what I'm told he will sign Tuesday to be ready for official trial next week end. He is a good player, not sure how much coaching help he would offer though in terms of helping train the team. Not exactly the best trainer in history! I heard he just started new job and wants to play with his mates. Josh Walker joining as well helped the cause along with a couple of others. Not to hard to believe a couple of quality locals leaving Aspley is it?

He was running around wearing a sandgate singlet training. From what I'm told he will sign Tuesday to be ready for official trial next week end. He is a good player, not sure how much coaching help he would offer though in terms of helping train the team. Not exactly the best trainer in history! I heard he just started new job and wants to play with his mates. Josh Walker joining as well helped the cause along with a couple of others. Not to hard to believe a couple of quality locals leaving Aspley is it?

it is when he had a pretty good year last year in the state league. i don't know what the situation is at the moment with him and aspley contract wise or something else. aspley will try and stop it, i can see that happening

it is when he had a pretty good year last year in the state league. i don't know what the situation is at the moment with him and aspley contract wise or something else. aspley will try and stop it, i can see that happening

Not to sure, i just called in on way home from work and he was training, and asked a couple of people and that was what I was told. Cant see how they could stop it if he doesnt want to play there, dont think he was contracted for two years. ANd they havent stopped any of the others leaving. Fair to say he will have a big impact in that comp if he plays at Sandgate

Not to sure, i just called in on way home from work and he was training, and asked a couple of people and that was what I was told. Cant see how they could stop it if he doesnt want to play there, dont think he was contracted for two years. ANd they havent stopped any of the others leaving. Fair to say he will have a big impact in that comp if he plays at Sandgate

i think the rules have changed now, now if a player leaves a club to go to another club here in qld. the club the player is going to hhave to compensate the other club in an amount un known. i think that's how it works these days

Hi All,

Leading Division 1 Essendon District team looking for quality forward, excellent remuneration available.

Contact the club on 0429121426.
agree with Damo no chance now so close to the season. grounds should be in good nick after all this rain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the rules have changed now, now if a player leaves a club to go to another club here in qld. the club the player is going to hhave to compensate the other club in an amount un known. i think that's how it works these days

Massive doubts on this, only happens between state league sides, not if player is dropping a division. How is a club like Sandgate who has no money going to be able to compensate Aspley? From all reports he isnt getting any money to play. If it is true though, Aspley should be making a killing from all the players that have left for other clubs!

Massive doubts on this, only happens between state league sides, not if player is dropping a division. How is a club like Sandgate who has no money going to be able to compensate Aspley? From all reports he isnt getting any money to play. If it is true though, Aspley should be making a killing from all the players that have left for other clubs!

well i said i think that's how it works. but i am not that quite sure how it all pans out, there might be a mutual agreement between the 2 clubs. did he play on the weekend

well i said i think that's how it works. but i am not that quite sure how it all pans out, there might be a mutual agreement between the 2 clubs. did he play on the weekend

Pretty he sure he played in an intra club on saturday. I honestly doubt there will be any discussion, prob just a clearance form between the two clubs. Surely Aspley wouldnt want any player who doesnt want to be there. Plus im sure there will be plenty of Sandgate juniors who they will be looking closely at during the 18's carnival they will have no problems "inviting to training" that Sandgate would hate to lose. It all goes round and round I guess...

Pretty he sure he played in an intra club on saturday. I honestly doubt there will be any discussion, prob just a clearance form between the two clubs. Surely Aspley wouldnt want any player who doesnt want to be there. Plus im sure there will be plenty of Sandgate juniors who they will be looking closely at during the 18's carnival they will have no problems "inviting to training" that Sandgate would hate to lose. It all goes round and round I guess...

if he wants to go that's fine. it's a big loss for the hornets if he does go and good luck to him

off aflq website

This weekend sees the first of the official pre season games in the Pineapple Hotel Cup competition.
The games being contested are:

Noosa vs Maroochy/Northshore
Springwood vs Mayne
Sandgate vs Surfers Paradise
Wilston Grange vs Palm Beach Currumbin
Burleigh vs Coolangatta

Seniors and Reserves will be contested with all games except the Burleigh v Coolangatta clash being played at 12.00 & 2.00pm.
The games at Burleigh will kick of with the reserves at 10.00am and the seniors at Midday.

Round 2 of the pre season games will be played on Saturday 13th March with the following games:

Maroochy/Northshore vs Wilston Grange
Coolangatta vs Sandgate
Springwood vs Surfers Paradise
Burleigh vs Palm Beach Currumbin
Mayne vs Noosa

With a big number of new players being signed by all clubs it promises to be a very interesting couple of weeks prior to the seasons first home & away game on 21st March

Judging by player movements and practice games over the weekends I think Cooly will be big improvers, apparently they beat Broady. Surfers may be in for a very tough year, lost some quality and got absolutely smoked by Labrador. Might be a long year for the demons.

Interesting about Josh Walker

The Hornets have also retained their two strong-marking young forwards in Adam Hughes and Josh Walker.
Hughes booted five goals on debut as a 17-year-old last season, while Walker has always been an enormous talent curtailed by injury.

Last Modified on 02/03/2010 07:07

Only responding to what people have raised and I have changed it now. I am sorry that I have I inconvenienced you in anyway.
sigh.. wasn't trying to be a smart ass looking at it a 2nd time i see where i misread the post :eek:

Whats interesting is Aspley seeming to not know exactly what heir players are doing, and how they seem to just make announcements based on nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back