Aflq state league div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as Mayne goes...grange flogged them in the last game so would have to be a big turnaround in players I reckon![/quote]
to be fair yes i realise grange outplayed mayne, but the tigers had alot of injuries at that stage think thats the game caleb brown played with a broken jaw. this has been taken out of context, all i said they will improve didn't say they were going to premiers.

burleigh gains newson [wagga] page[tassie],Mackay[broadbeach],Hone,Saladino[bendigo]
coolangatta Greeney[nth football league],Mcgill[frankston],Sanderson,Hamilton[sorrento],Evans[williamstown],Gallaager[grovedale]
Surfers Armstrong,Burn[labrador] they lost McEntee injured

Burleigh is going be a big threat for sure, they have wagland, doubleday and thornley coming out of retirement aswell as recruits mentioned above and also picked up afew more including sully from surfers.
Burleigh lost 6 games under 10 points last year so expect a huge improvement with this influx of players.

I heard from a very good source that Cash was no longer welcome - dropped to reserves last 3 games and didn't show up for last 2 - something about being not a team player and as much trouble for the coaching staff as he was worth on the field???

I also thought Rogers the coach won the B&F - that was on there web page anyway.

as far as Mayne goes...grange flogged them in the last game so would have to be a big turnaround in players I reckon!

You're right, Travolta, Rogers did win the B&F. Bird's award was club champion - 2 different voting systems.

I think Cash was dropped because he couldn't commit to training in that period. For mine, I'd take any trouble he gave you off the field (although I don't think that would be too much), as I reckon the scales would be well tipped by his on-field contribution. Whilst I can't say for sure, my guess is that Grange would welcome him too. I saw a game at Surfers last year in which he provided one of the best individual performances you could ask for. I'd put him in the best 40 players in QAFL, let alone Div 2. Best tackler I have seen in 20 years of watching Vic country, Vic Metro, VFL and QAFL. It will be great to see a couple of his games at Caloundra, should he go there.

statement fourthed. go tigers! :thumbsu:

my tip for GF is sandgate vs tigers. tigers to win in a thriller. you heard it here first. and i know these things because i have the precious.
haha that would be awesome. would bring back memories from the 73/74 gf between the two

You're right, Travolta, Rogers did win the B&F. Bird's award was club champion - 2 different voting systems.

I think Cash was dropped because he couldn't commit to training in that period. For mine, I'd take any trouble he gave you off the field (although I don't think that would be too much), as I reckon the scales would be well tipped by his on-field contribution. Whilst I can't say for sure, my guess is that Grange would welcome him too. I saw a game at Surfers last year in which he provided one of the best individual performances you could ask for. I'd put him in the best 40 players in QAFL, let alone Div 2. Best tackler I have seen in 20 years of watching Vic country, Vic Metro, VFL and QAFL. It will be great to see a couple of his games at Caloundra, should he go there.

you at Grange Krakour? surely the best player wouldn't be dropped for missing trg for a reasonable reason?? best player cleared with no argument?? c'mon - get serious... I have a few mates at Grange I run into now and then and have a fair idea he thought there was separate rules for superstars.

yes a great INDIVIDUAL player. I saw a game when grange played at Sandgate (I go there to watch a fair bit ;)) and I reckon cash got caught holding the ball 15 times because refused to handball!!! ...I also was close to the goals and noticed he loves a snap at goal whether there is someone in a better position or not - burn baby burn.

I think you'll find it is more likely they decided that 1 player upsetting the team was not worth it dont care how talented. Good move from my mail - I think Grange will be better for it and that will show in results.

Teams win games.

good luck to Grange, Mayne, the mighty Sandgate and most of all Caloundra!

you at Grange Krakour? surely the best player wouldn't be dropped for missing trg for a reasonable reason?? best player cleared with no argument?? c'mon - get serious... I have a few mates at Grange I run into now and then and have a fair idea he thought there was separate rules for superstars.

yes a great INDIVIDUAL player. I saw a game when grange played at Sandgate (I go there to watch a fair bit ;)) and I reckon cash got caught holding the ball 15 times because refused to handball!!! ...I also was close to the goals and noticed he loves a snap at goal whether there is someone in a better position or not - burn baby burn.

I think you'll find it is more likely they decided that 1 player upsetting the team was not worth it dont care how talented. Good move from my mail - I think Grange will be better for it and that will show in results.

Teams win games.

good luck to Grange, Mayne, the mighty Sandgate and most of all Caloundra!

Well said, John, and I mean that, because your criticisms of Cash are on point. Snapping goals and not handballing were the key areas where he was asked to improve. A weakness in my own watching of the game - I love seeing hungry players. As frustrating as it is, these guys love their goals!

I follow Grange, yes. I wasn't a decent player when I was of playing age, so of even less use now.

I don't know about the separate rules for superstars. I wouldn't think Rolly would think of himself as a superstar or special. But you're right, there were not good reasons for him to miss training. Hence he was dropped. And yes, I think you're right that some in the coaching staff didn't mind Rolly moving on.

My own view is that Grange were better with Cash in the side. I can't speak for all at the club, but I have never seen too many negative thoughts towards him (admittedly some frustrations at coaching level, but I'm sure they get frustrated with all players at some stages).

I think you're in for an enjoyable year at the Seahawks. Enjoy.

Well said, John, and I mean that, because your criticisms of Cash are on point. Snapping goals and not handballing were the key areas where he was asked to improve. A weakness in my own watching of the game - I love seeing hungry players. As frustrating as it is, these guys love their goals!

I follow Grange, yes. I wasn't a decent player when I was of playing age, so of even less use now.

I don't know about the separate rules for superstars. I wouldn't think Rolly would think of himself as a superstar or special. But you're right, there were not good reasons for him to miss training. Hence he was dropped. And yes, I think you're right that some in the coaching staff didn't mind Rolly moving on.

My own view is that Grange were better with Cash in the side. I can't speak for all at the club, but I have never seen too many negative thoughts towards him (admittedly some frustrations at coaching level, but I'm sure they get frustrated with all players at some stages).

I think you're in for an enjoyable year at the Seahawks. Enjoy.

Yep...well I agree that it is a shame when a club loses a good player for this type of reason.... and it is never really personal between the players as you say more like club and player moving in different directions - we've had stuff like this happen here - just like every other club.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't finish top 3 and give it a real shake. I think we showed last year that we are the best Brisbane side so hopefully we can continue that. :thumbsu:

anyway...back to the footy...will games be on this weekend?? If they are cancelled some clubs go into round 1 with no practice games!! Can't remember when this would have happened!

any serious thoughts on the grand finalists?

:)

Mayne and Sandgate according to this forum!!! ha ha.

Who would know seriously until about round 5!! no-one tells who they have picked up - except Noosa on their web site, but they have lost Hicks, Tyrrell and a few others...

be good if the league put up the "clearances" link on the AFLQ page like other leagues do so we could see who REALLY has recruited who! I reckon there are a few smokescreens getting put up here!

where did hicks go?
3 classy ovens murray picks up there tho, including one to work in tandem with their punchy existing one.

didn't cash train at sandgate a few times? as its written on here. how would an 'individual' have fitted in at the seahawks??

a new shepherding rule to come into affect this year as well as the possibility of the rushed behind penalisation.. any thoughts from the dignified brains trust on here?

a new shepherding rule to come into affect this year as well as the possibility of the rushed behind penalisation.. any thoughts from the dignified brains trust on here?
Anyone heard about the new rule where umpires physically hand a red/yellow card to sent-off players?? Being trialled in practice matches, I believe

where did hicks go?
3 classy ovens murray picks up there tho, including one to work in tandem with their punchy existing one.

didn't cash train at sandgate a few times? as its written on here. how would an 'individual' have fitted in at the seahawks??

Cash did train at the Hawks, had work commitments which he put in front of footy apparently so went to Caloundra for coin and no training but game. Whether he would of fit in with Sandgate who knows.

Rushed behind would be good, but umpires in this comp struggle to get the basics right, not sure adding more rules for them to stuff up is a great plan.

I think Top 5 will be in any order out of Noosa, Burleigh, Sandgate, PBC & Maroochy. GF who knows, Brisbane team would be a nice change so go Hawks! Grange might be smokies.

SAndgate Noosa round 1 will be cracker if all the mail on sides is right!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

noosa will be premiers, think pbc have had there run maroochy prob big threat, sandgate should be a huge threat going by their recruits if they can produce the goods.hopefully with all this rain all the grounds will be in good shape

Any predictions for this weekends practise matches?

Are teams playing close to full strength sides with the short preparation for round 1?

anyone interested in a tipping comp for the div2 comp. just for fun

Any results from yesterday? I know Sandgate won by 4 or 5 goals in each grade against much improved Cooly in the wind. W/g lost by couple of goals against Maroochy i heard second hand.

Mayne were beaten by Noosa as expected don't have details

Any results from yesterday? I know Sandgate won by 4 or 5 goals in each grade against much improved Cooly in the wind. W/g lost by couple of goals against Maroochy i heard second hand.

Grange lost by a couple of goals in the slush after being up by a one in the third quarter. Maroochy had six on the bench. Grange three. White and Matthews hit the sheds half way through the last qtr. Both teams will be competitive Low scoring affair and hard to gauge form in the wet conditions

Burleigh beat Palmy by 3 or 4 goals. Both sides missing alot of senior players. By all reports good standard with a few handy recruits on both sides.

i'll pu t my tips in now, hard to tip on round 1 not the form of some teams but give a crack
Burleigh vs Coolangatta = Burleigh
Mayne vs Maroochy = Mayne [tough one]
W/Grange vs Surfers = W/Grange
Sandgate vs Noosa = Noosa [close one]
Springwood vs PBC = PBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back