AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve somehow managed to have both 160s in my team this week, Ally and Charlie!

Captained neither but got Noffy as C
Scrooge Mcduck Money GIF

Break evens have been updated.
Just gonna sideways a player or two to a lower break even. Rookies alone just don't build enough cash.

If you do go the O'Dowd R1 route, I think you'd have enough to do Steph down and Sherriff to Blackburn. Having Anderson, Bonnici, Blackburn double scores in R4 seems pretty good. Depending on how the pricing works in those rounds, you might then be able to chain one or two of those into Garner/Riddell, since you're lacking R5 captain options.

Regardless, if you're looking at players like McKee and Watson as your biggest problems, you're pretty clearly in a good spot.
Yeah, I’ve never been in this position in any Fantasy competition so it’s very new for me haha. I dunno how the people who are up high ranked regularly deal with it

If I do what you’ve mentioned I’m guessing I’d do some shuffling with the utility spot to get Sherriff up to Ellie via Steph down

Contemplating these trades, just trying to work out if its worth it considering Edmonds has the DGW next week so id need to essentially make up 70-90 pts this week correct?
I'd say it's more complicated than that. The players you trade in are going to get double scores eventually, as will O'Dowd (provided they don't get injured or dropped). There's a finite number of double scores you can get and we're all going to need to balance building our teams versus maximising double scores.

You should at least consider Strom down to fund an upgrade to a premo mid with two games in R4. Anderson has a BE of 85 and Blackburn has the Eagles at Whitten, so there's some risk of being priced out of either.

I would probably hold the Port forwards, but it's entirely possible that I'm too patient, given that I'm going to hold Buttifant and McKee and may wind up fielding them against the Eagles. Izzy and Brazill are the two I've looked at as potential downgrade targets for Sherriff. I'm also looking at Hodder ahead of her double game round and my absolute ideal would be Randall, who I can't afford. I haven't watched Friswell this year and, given I can't really afford her, I probably won't bother checking out a replay. She seems another option based on her scores so far, if you've got the cash.
Thanks for the sanity check, very much appreciated.

Didn't realise Sherriff was in a bloody moon boot post game, I guess that changes the priorities just a tad. But half tempted to run McKee on field and grab premos

Mim -> Harthill
Saint -> Randall
McKenzie -> Anderson

is the rough risky play right now.

I think O'Dowd is going to go big against the Suns, the matchup is just so good. Surely they chuck Single on either Barr or Parker, meaning there should be more ball up for grabs inside the contest.

I'd say it's more complicated than that. The players you trade in are going to get double scores eventually, as will O'Dowd (provided they don't get injured or dropped). There's a finite number of double scores you can get and we're all going to need to balance building our teams versus maximising double scores.
Yeah exactly, its a hard one to grasp interms of the best way to go about it, i presume its just making sure you're trading a high end premo week to week to maximise points but who knows.

Reckon I've settled on these trades, had tossed up whether to keep McKee on field and trade Goody > Bonnici but I don't think that I could stand another score of 10, Randall has a great role for scoring and has been/is a gun, plus I don't want to run the risk of a Svarc tag on Bonnici.

Blackburn and Bonnici will come in next week, feels like I'm a week behind the top teams where they all have 5 premo mids already.

1725877945174.png

Just checking how VC looping works with the double game weeks - you get one captain for the whole week right? And you're locked in from when they first play?

Just checking how VC looping works with the double game weeks - you get one captain for the whole week right? And you're locked in from when they first play?
Yup. The double games will occur early in the week with the second game being played on the Sunday. Guess you could VC a Tues game and if no good, put the C on a Wednesday game. Assuming you have the luxury of having multiple choices and a red dot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look at this and wonder whether it's worth just putting the money into a decent 5th midfielder and copping the hit of a 10 in the forward line rather than having 2 lots of 40s in mid and forward.
Where is the 40 in the mids ? Gardiner is 5th mid until next weeks dgr. (averaging 92.5)
She will become Blackburn R4 for the double.
I did Goody to Anderson this week.

Yup. The double games will occur early in the week with the second game being played on the Sunday. Guess you could VC a Tues game and if no good, put the C on a Wednesday game. Assuming you have the luxury of having multiple choices and a red dot.
I'd be trading in a red dot, trying to work out if it's worth it. It seems less worthwhile in a DGW because you're choosing for 4 games based on 1 game of information. On the other hand, if your captain goes down injured halfway through their first game, as I understand it you're pretty screwed - you get a 0 for the second game.

And yeah I'm considering 5th premo mid at the moment too. But who? Bonnici looks good right now but she burnt me last year and has the Lions this week. Maybe for R4.

Attachments

• 1725893922544.png
    1725893922544.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 24
I'd be trading in a red dot, trying to work out if it's worth it. It seems less worthwhile in a DGW because you're choosing for 4 games based on 1 game of information. On the other hand, if your captain goes down injured halfway through their first game, as I understand it you're pretty screwed - you get a 0 for the second game.

And yeah I'm considering 5th premo mid at the moment too. But who? Bonnici looks good right now but she burnt me last year and has the Lions this week. Maybe for R4.
Ugh. I reckon you started with a million more than the rest of us on here. 😉

My experience with BBL supercoach is not to overthink it too much with the double-ups. If you can try to have 1-2 positions you rotate through the various teams, but you have to be fine holding these player in case you need injury trades. For instance, I'm not going too hard on trading in players from the first DGW. I already own Anderson, but apart from that I don't plan on making wholesale changes - I'll probably bring Sabs in for Strom this week and Blackburn in next week. I'm looking equally at cash gen from rooks playing in those double weeks. It may or may not pay off (Future narrator: "It did not pay off").

My experience with BBL supercoach is not to overthink it too much with the double-ups. If you can try to have 1-2 positions you rotate through the various teams, but you have to be fine holding these player in case you need injury trades. For instance, I'm not going too hard on trading in players from the first DGW. I already own Anderson, but apart from that I don't plan on making wholesale changes - I'll probably bring Sabs in for Strom this week and Blackburn in next week. I'm looking equally at cash gen from rooks playing in those double weeks. It may or may not pay off (Future narrator: "It did not pay off").
Yeah I’ll only have the four DGW players (Ellie, Ruby, Anderson, Bonicci)next week as the most of the other options aren’t enticing

So if I downgrade Edmonds to a rookie ruck (Vukic or Harthill), and play O'Dowd at R1 I'll be able to ditch both Ella K Smith for Friswell and upgrade Pritchard to Blackburn.

I just feel it's a big risk to have O'Dowd as R1. Having said that though the team on the other lines look a lot better, and hopefully with some future downgrades of cash cows in Breed / Goody / Window I'll be able to get that 5th premo mid.

1725935314591.png

To strengthen the O'Dowd R1 argument, her upcoming run is very friendly for her

This week: Bella, good tap ruck but offers nothing possession wise
Next week: against an out of form and underdone Morphett
W5: Wakfer/Lakay
W6: against a Pearce-less Dees
W7: Caris/Nalder

Then Allan, Lucy, Strom and Scholz to finish the season, but she likely gets upgraded by then

Might look to get Anderson in for McCarthy next round due to double game round. Ive just about sorted my forwards which wasnt really that intentional but im not 100% convinced by any of my high priced keepers behind Hore. Backline is about sorted particularly if Finn can score 60s+

Midfield top 3 of Noffy/Garner/Rowbottom are going strong but will get Anderson for her double...unfortunately i will need to pay up for her. O'Dowd now ruck 1 and hoping Goody/Window/Breed score well enough to make more cash as my M5 - M6 & utility.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back