AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I am holding Hosking this week because:

• Her breakeven is only 51
  • She is up against WBD who are one of the easiest match ups in the game; and
  • She has her DGW after next round.

Meaning all she needs to do is score 50+ in a matchup against the easiest team in the league (noting she scored 87 in round 1) and we can then hopefully get a couple of 40's / 50's out of her in the DGW and move her on after that.
I see Harken was dropped this week for a defender and even though she had limited time on ground it was all in the mids, maybe that helps Hosking?

Not sure whether to upgrade Goody to Bonicci and have 5 premium mids or hang on to her for a few more weeks in the hope she generates another $100k+ . :think:

Don't have much going on in terms of rookie cash generation with L. Beatty and E.K. Smith both being fails and stinking it up on the pine. :nose::poov1:

Not sure whether to upgrade Goody to Bonicci and have 5 premium mids or hang on to her for a few more weeks in the hope she generates another $100k+ . :think:

Don't have much going on in terms of rookie cash generation with L. Beatty and E.K. Smith both being fails and stinking it up on the pine. :nose::poov1:
Same here, but Breed instead of Goody. Bonnici's BE is 74 and if she scores 100 then she'll go up $80k. The 'if' is the awkward part, could easily be tagged by Svarc, score 50 and drop $70k.

Cash gen is difficult for most and it's one of the reasons a lot are cashing out R1 and fielding O'Dowd.

First time doing AFLW Fantasy and I'm a bit stuck on trades for this week. I've got 375k in my cap after cashing out my R1 last week.

Reading through the thread, I need a W4 captain option so I'm thinking T.Smith to Anderson?
Then Goody for a cheap mid putting Breed on field
Then one of Ponter or Hodder for a 600k fwd?

Are there any better options that I am missing?

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.44.30 AM.png

Same here, but Breed instead of Goody. Bonnici's BE is 74 and if she scores 100 then she'll go up $80k. The 'if' is the awkward part, could easily be tagged by Svarc, score 50 and drop $70k.

Cash gen is difficult for most and it's one of the reasons a lot are cashing out R1 and fielding O'Dowd.

The O'Dowd move is the obvious play to release some cash for the impending F5 midfield upgrade. Edmonds will be moved on for me. Just weighing up on who the new R2 will be. The cheap option is Hartill at $380k with clear potential to make some cash if given more ruck time. McCormick at $497k, has a role down back, a lower BE, and probably the safer bet in cash generation.

Last edited:
Thoughts on trading out Conti to get in Anderson? I'm not big on moving premos, but obviously with the DGW coming up that thinking will need to change. Historically Anderson hasn't scored well against Collingwood - recent scores have been 92, 91, 93, 70, 87 (she's played them 10 times and never tonned up), but then again she's been a record breaker this year so it could all change! Her BE is only 85 though so she's likely to go up in value again this week, although surely the Pies send someone to tag her. Conti has a 115 BE, she's never played against Sydney before.

Last edited:
Thoughts on trading out Conti to get in Anderson? I'm not big on moving premos, but obviously with the DGW coming up that thinking will need to change. Historically Anderson hasn't scored well against Collingwood - recent scores have been 92, 91, 93, 70, 87 (she's played them 10 times and never tonned up), but then again she's been a record breaker this year so it could all change! Her BE is only 85 though so she's likely to go up in value again this week, although surely the Pies send someone to tag her. Conti has a 115 BE, she's never played against Sydney before.

I have Conti and am contemplating trading her out for either Anderson or Bonicci this week for the R4 DGW and surfing the break evens. All three have a chance of getting tagged this week... it's a crapshoot.

Fiedler named as starting ruck for the Saints. Is she worth it? I think I might just bring her in.

Is Morphett carrying an injury? Just wondering whether it makes any sense to trade in Giselle Davies, as there are few good cheap forwards.

Oh, she's just managed.

Last edited:
Fiedler named as starting ruck for the Saints. Is she worth it? I think I might just bring her in.

Is Morphett carrying an injury? Just wondering whether it makes any sense to trade in Giselle Davies, as there are few good cheap forwards.
Both Caris and Nalder are named on the extended interchange. Fiedler is definitely playing, but I suspect she'll be splitting with one of those (probably Nalder). No guarantee she starts either. Still fine as a R2 option, I'd say, particularly if you need the extra cash vs somebody like Hartill.

Morphett has been working her way back from a preseason injury (foot, IIRC). The Swans also named Alexia Hamilton who makes me a little more hesitant on bringing in Davies. Still considering it, but I probably won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fiedler was going to be my C loop haha. Think I'll keep her on the bench.
Gone for a double forward upgrade in the end, saving R4 changes for next week.
S Wales -> Fiedler
Wall -> Randall
McKee -> O'Loughlin
(Pauga -> bench)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back