AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who finished top 10/100 heard from them yet?

I haven't heard a thing about the top 10 prize (or hat) even though the ts & cs say they'll notify me within 2 days of the judging date (which was a week ago)
Haven't heard anything about the hats. They probably don't have a lot of people working the AFLW side of things.

Haven't heard anything about the hats. They probably don't have a lot of people working the AFLW side of things.
More likely they copy/pasted the men's terms and conditions, adjusted the main prizes, and now realise they left the hats for top 100 in also. So now Warnie is sitting at his sewing machine trying to put placings on them.

Speaking of nice...

Approve South Park GIF

2024 AFLW Fantasy is open for those interested. The season kicks off August 30. This season comes with an official podcast, being the Free Kick podcast from last season.

Great to have this back, was a lot of fun. Good to see them commit to it again despite a lot less people playing.

Would like to have a good start for once though haha.

The stack the midfield strategy looks the go again as there’s budget options in defence and FWD to go to. And the FWD line is excatly like the men’s this year, not a lot to choose from lol.

Looks like one of Hore or Toogood you need to pick IMO

It's at least a little bit harder to just stack the midfield this year with no equivalent of Scholz/Davies in the ruck (yet, anyway). If you go too hard in the midfield you're going to be very light on the other lines. That may going to mean some sub-30 scores.

I still think we're going to wind up with a lot of teams looking very samey. They should make the best players a worse value proposition. Noffy is less dollars per point than Hurley. I'd love to be choosing players like Hurley, Goldsworthy and Roberts, but I don't feel like I can justify it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's at least a little bit harder to just stack the midfield this year with no equivalent of Scholz/Davies in the ruck (yet, anyway). If you go too hard in the midfield you're going to be very light on the other lines. That may going to mean some sub-30 scores.

I still think we're going to wind up with a lot of teams looking very samey. They should make the best players a worse value proposition. Noffy is less dollars per point than Hurley. I'd love to be choosing players like Hurley, Goldsworthy and Roberts, but I don't feel like I can justify it.
Yeah it likely means that you have to go for some less than 1m mids + a higher priced ruck.

Although in the mid priced rucks, keeping an eye on Montana McKinnon at the Tigs, should be no 1 ruck there as Seymour played a lot of defence in the back end of last year and she was playing with so many rucks at the Crows last year

There were some picks last year in the below 1m price range which were successes. Whitfort was in the mid 800s from memory and averaged a ton.

A lot of tinkering to do before R1 but it’s fun to get back into it

Last edited:
From round 4 to 7, the fixture goes from Tuesday to Sunday. Will be very hard to plan for with teams probably only being announced a day or 2 before. So, some teams will have 2 games per round while others have 1. Wonder if some teams will 'rest' players as well. Anyway, I think it's dumb that they're doing Tues-Sun rounds with teams playing twice in the same round. The shorter turn around time will definitely affect the newer teams.

From round 4 to 7, the fixture goes from Tuesday to Sunday. Will be very hard to plan for with teams probably only being announced a day or 2 before. So, some teams will have 2 games per round while others have 1. Wonder if some teams will 'rest' players as well. Anyway, I think it's dumb that they're doing Tues-Sun rounds with teams playing twice in the same round. The shorter turn around time will definitely affect the newer teams.
That kinda puts me off playing this year. I probably still will, but it sounds annoying AF.

That kinda puts me off playing this year. I probably still will, but it sounds annoying AF.
Because the season is so short and this occurs so soon, we won't have the luxury of sideways trading into players that have 2 games that round either. The scoring might be all over the place. Hopefully they change the fixture issue next year. I cannot believe they agreed to this fixture.

Although in the mid priced rucks, keeping an eye on Montana McKinnon at the Tigs, should be no 1 ruck there as Seymour played a lot of defence in the back end of last year and she was playing with so many rucks at the Crows last year
Caris is another one who would be interesting if she can beat out Nalder for the Saints number 1 ruck spot. Averaged 38.6 in only 42% TOG. McKinnon wayyyyy more likely, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on Caris in pre-season games.

There were some picks last year in the below 1m price range which were successes. Whitfort was in the mid 800s from memory and averaged a ton.
I feel like nailing a mid-priced pick is even harder in the women's than it is in the men's. Even Whitford was nearly 30 PPG shy of Noffy and you'd be doing very well to pick the next Whitford. We may have to try, though. Depends on things like rookies and which Hannah Ewings shows up this year.

Caris is another one who would be interesting if she can beat out Nalder for the Saints number 1 ruck spot. Averaged 38.6 in only 42% TOG. McKinnon wayyyyy more likely, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on Caris in pre-season games.

I feel like nailing a mid-priced pick is even harder in the women's than it is in the men's. Even Whitford was nearly 30 PPG shy of Noffy and you'd be doing very well to pick the next Whitford. We may have to try, though. Depends on things like rookies and which Hannah Ewings shows up this year.
Tried the breakout pick last year with Dawes which went ok but not spectacular

Looking at all the 900k to low 1m bracket players there’s a few that pique the interest (Hill and McKay in particular) but again it’s risky considering the short season meaning the stack may be the play. I think that was my issue last year treating the starting team as it was the men’s game completing ignoring the shorter season aspect which meant I started poorly, but finished decently

Yet to look at the ins/outs/not availables etc for the year.

Toss up between Goldsworthy / Ella Roberts M4.

Probably have to find a cheap M5 as Toogood seems a must have F1 and the money needs to come from somewhere.

R1, Probably Scholz at this point, was awesome last season even without the $300k bonus. Lowest score was 62.

Yet to look at the ins/outs/not availables etc for the year.

Toss up between Goldsworthy / Ella Roberts M4.

Probably have to find a cheap M5 as Toogood seems a must have F1 and the money needs to come from somewhere.

R1, Probably Scholz at this point, was awesome last season even without the $300k bonus. Lowest score was 62.
I've done no research yet. All I know is Bowers and Hooker are out with pregnancy.

I like that favourites from last season have been kept /carry over (probably unintended)
But it was good to scour the list or regulars that caught my eye and were added to favourites list.

Looking at all the 900k to low 1m bracket players there’s a few that pique the interest (Hill and McKay in particular) but again it’s risky considering the short season meaning the stack may be the play.
After actually building a team with five uber premos in the mids, Morphett in the ruck and Toogood and Hore in the forward line, I can safely say there's going to need to be a lot of this year's Harriet Cordners for that strat to work. Everybody else was under $400K.

I'm guessing most won't do that and will end up with 3/4 of the ubers with some mid-priced bets. Most people seem to be gravitating toward starting Toogood as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back