AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

After actually building a team with five uber premos in the mids, Morphett in the ruck and Toogood and Hore in the forward line, I can safely say there's going to need to be a lot of this year's Harriet Cordners for that strat to work. Everybody else was under $400K.

I'm guessing most won't do that and will end up with 3/4 of the ubers with some mid-priced bets. Most people seem to be gravitating toward starting Toogood as well.
Yeah feel like that will be the common strategy. I’m currently running in my very early template my M1-3 is Noffy, Anderson, Bates, all three are super consistent. M4-5 may have to be under 1m

Have to have a bit more of a play with the higher priced rucks

After actually building a team with five uber premos in the mids, Morphett in the ruck and Toogood and Hore in the forward line, I can safely say there's going to need to be a lot of this year's Harriet Cordners for that strat to work. Everybody else was under $400K.

I'm guessing most won't do that and will end up with 3/4 of the ubers with some mid-priced bets. Most people seem to be gravitating toward starting Toogood as well.

Yeah feel like that will be the common strategy. I’m currently running in my very early template my M1-3 is Noffy, Anderson, Bates, all three are super consistent. M4-5 may have to be under 1m

Have to have a bit more of a play with the higher priced rucks

Sound as the premo upgrade in mid is much higher than DEF. But wouldn’t skimp on FWD line.

Only need 2-3 captain options I feel.

Feel I've picked the winning (starting) side right off the bat. 😉
Pre season is the best, nothing has gone wrong yet.

So, winning side all ready to play ball, but,
I don't have Schleicher in my back 5.

Enjoyed her work on the tagged AFLW show last year but wasn't that impressed with her return games for someone supposedly a marking/intercept player. Only 2Marks in both games. Pre season watch I guess. Only noting this as she was named predicted D1 in the podcast.

Unofficial match Sims are on this weekend, official praccys next week, and season starts the week after.

West Coast Eagles website will have a live stream of Friday nights match sim vs Freo.

we could have a Scholz/Davies RUC candidate after all.

Lilly Pearce at the Cats should be 100% a lock to play, she’s the only proper ruck on the list (Fuller inaxtive and Hoare retired) and the Cats won’t use Kate Darby as a FT Ruck all year

we could have a Scholz/Davies RUC candidate after all.

Lilly Pearce at the Cats should be 100% a lock to play, she’s the only proper ruck on the list (Fuller inaxtive and Hoare retired) and the Cats won’t use Kate Darby as a FT Ruck all year
Currently R2.
Price changes are so big that a playing bench is massive.
As much as a full premo midfield brings in the points, you still need cash gen asap so I'd only repeat last year if we had two $300k'ers again (or close)

Currently R2.
Price changes are so big that a playing bench is massive.
As much as a full premo midfield brings in the points, you still need cash gen asap so I'd only repeat last year if we had two $300k'ers again (or close)
Yeah I’m definitely leaning towards at a minimum M1-3 being $1m over, M4-5 being under a mil players. Theres a few good options to consider.

Would love to predict who the next Whitfort would be, from memory she was in the high 800s starting wise last year and averaged a ton pretty much

McKinnon stocks massively up

Lavey is a DEF $421k so that mid role could be juicy

McKenzie could be a cut price M5

Pros: cheaper than the premos, no.1 ruck at Richmond, takes marks around the ground, strong and can lay a good tackle
Cons: if resting up forward, she is a terrible kick for goal. She's never had to play a full game before as sole ruck, so not sure if she has the endurance to do so.

Seymour not an option anymore. Only listed in rucks, but will play majority defence and there's only so many points back there, unless she's taking kick ins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pros: cheaper than the premos, no.1 ruck at Richmond, takes marks around the ground, strong and can lay a good tackle
Cons: if resting up forward, she is a terrible kick for goal. She's never had to play a full game before as sole ruck, so not sure if she has the endurance to do so.

Seymour not an option anymore. Only listed in rucks, but will play majority defence and there's only so many points back there, unless she's taking kick ins.
I mean at the price it’s worth a punt as it opens a bit more for other lines. I’d imagine playing with 3-4 rucks in the Crows team didn’t help her role/scoring. And those pros you mentioned are probably the most handy pros

We could also have another Jordan Clark situation too in terms of budget defenders. if Sheerin plays a lot more midfield, could open up Maddie Shevlin to be more of that rebounding HB instead of lockdown. They did it late last season, Sheerin gets more CBAs late in the year, Shevlin’s scoring went up. Went from being stuck in the 40s to pushing the 50-70s

I mean at the price it’s worth a punt as it opens a bit more for other lines. I’d imagine playing with 3-4 rucks in the Crows team didn’t help her role/scoring. And those pros you mentioned are probably the most handy pros

We could also have another Jordan Clark situation too in terms of budget defenders. if Sheerin plays a lot more midfield, could open up Maddie Shevlin to be more of that rebounding HB instead of lockdown. They did it late last season, Sheerin gets more CBAs late in the year, Shevlin’s scoring went up. Went from being stuck in the 40s to pushing the 50-70s
McKinnon shared ruck 50/50 with Jess Allan last year. McKinnon has a higher leap and seemed to be more handy around the ground, but Jess was better resting up forward or helping down back. Jess was preferred in the end and had a few games to herself. It also means, Allan is an option since she would be sole ruck with Gould chopping out.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to this season. So many player movements. No idea who is where now. So many coaching changes. The double game rounds are pretty confusing and will make captain picking annoying. Imagine trading into a player with 2 games and they get injured and not being able to trade them out for second game because they're locked in.

McKinnon shared ruck 50/50 with Jess Allan last year. McKinnon has a higher leap and seemed to be more handy around the ground, but Jess was better resting up forward or helping down back. Jess was preferred in the end and had a few games to herself. It also means, Allan is an option since she would be sole ruck with Gould chopping out.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to this season. So many player movements. No idea who is where now. So many coaching changes. The double game rounds are pretty confusing and will make captain picking annoying. Imagine trading into a player with 2 games and they get injured and not being able to trade them out for second game because they're locked in.
Yeah it’s gonna be difficult but it’s part of the challenge.

I’m trying to make sure my team has a lot of pillars, at least 3 on each line I have so far in my team

Well another team restructure will be needed, McKinnon injured :(

Might just go up to a premo ruck. Jess Allan is the other cheaper option, but she will have Gould chopping out in ruck and Jess has played sole ruck games before without McKinnon. Those scores were around the 60-70 mark and 1 game at 88.

Might be a serious injury. Considering the seasons are so short, an injury could cost her the season and this was going to be the first time she would be sole ruck.
I know but everyone gets injured at Richmond. It's just expected. We've done well if it's just 1 or 2 any given week.

Looks like Sheerin is playing significant mid minutes. Buttifant a potential D rookie option for the Dogs.

Richmond numbers are hard to read, but I think it's Egan/Sheerin/Conti/McKenzie in the middle most of the time and Blackburn/Pritchard/Berry/Carruthers for the Dogs.
Seymour back into the ruck then?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back