AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just copped a 1 game ban.
10% of the season gone.
They should consider half game bans. šŸ˜‰
Latest version of my team had her at R1 with $0 remaining. It was perfect. Now ruined by the MRO. Can't even switch to her sister.

Seriously considering Vukic for a week at R1 and then trade LWales in for Round 2.

Last edited:

Latest version of my team had her at R1 with $0 remaining. It was perfect. Now ruined by the MRO. Can't even switch to her sister.

Seriously considering Vukic for a week at R1 and then trade LWales in for Round 2.
She's good value and 43 hitouts is enormous, but she was up against a ruckless Sydney without Morphett and Hamilton.

She's good value and 43 hitouts is enormous, but she was up against a ruckless Sydney without Morphett and Hamilton.
The value rucks are a bit thin too, the only ones you could really pick are Allan, maybe Kelly with McKinnon out and Bella, but she hasn't been a fantastic scorer.

I'm currently mulling whether to run Goody at M5 rather than the bench, it opens up the possibiltly to have to have a Sheerin, Webster, Ruby D1-3 and run a premo ruck like the other Wales....

Question is will Goody score enough to justify fielding? Could a McKenzie be better? Who knows.

The value rucks are a bit thin too, the only ones you could really pick are Allan, maybe Kelly with McKinnon out and Bella, but she hasn't been a fantastic scorer.

I'm currently mulling whether to run Goody at M5 rather than the bench, it opens up the possibiltly to have to have a Sheerin, Webster, Ruby D1-3 and run a premo ruck like the other Wales....

Question is will Goody score enough to justify fielding? Could a McKenzie be better? Who knows.
Goody played on the wing, but was a ball magnet and still able to take marks despite her short stature. She looked AFLW ready. I'd risk it with M5. Can't be any worse than the D3/D4/D5/M3/M4/M5s that we'll be fielding.

Goody played on the wing, but was a ball magnet and still able to take marks despite her short stature. She looked AFLW ready. I'd risk it with M5. Can't be any worse than the D3/D4/D5/M3/M4/M5s that we'll be fielding.
Yeah good point.

If I donā€™t itā€™ll be a Pritchard/McKenzie M4/5 with Goody on the bench and it would mean I would run an Allan/Bella/Kelly at Ruck which I donā€™t like.

If Goody is at M5 my team is basically

Sheerin
Webster
Ruby
Goldrick (thst mid role looks legit)
Finn (shifted to the wing and played well + dirt cheap)

Mids being

Noffy
Charlie
Anderson
Pritchard or someone higher
Goody

Ruck: (Hickie/Wales/Scholz the three best options under a mil)

Forwards
Toogood
Sheriff (new mid role)
Stevens (new Def role)
Pauga (everyone has)

Have both Bonnie and Hore as with how thin the FWD line is I think you need both and Hore playing mids itā€™s a no brainer over someone like Brennan

That's fair. She's probably not getting anywhere near that many hitouts most weeks. She is at least one of the better around the ground rucks, though, and she's probably going to improve on last year's 65 average. After thinking more about it, it's unlikely she end up in my team this year with the suspension.

Right now, I'm leaning toward moving money to go up rather than down.

Pauga (everyone has)
Did anyone watch the GWS game? Pauga didn't rate a mention on either the AFL website or the GWS website. She didn't look like she was in the first roation of mids in the little bit of their game I got to watch. I'm extremely suspicious of her, Tripodi and Beruldsen, but I probably need two or more players like that, given my current structure. Very concerned I'm going to wind up with two 30-point small forwards who generate no cash.

My inclination is, same as you, grab Pauga just in case she does put up huge numbers like she did in the VFLW, but I'd love to be more confident about it.

Did anyone watch the GWS game? Pauga didn't rate a mention on either the AFL website or the GWS website. She didn't look like she was in the first roation of mids in the little bit of their game I got to watch. I'm extremely suspicious of her, Tripodi and Beruldsen, but I probably need two or more players like that, given my current structure. Very concerned I'm going to wind up with two 30-point small forwards who generate no cash.

My inclination is, same as you, grab Pauga just in case she does put up huge numbers like she did in the VFLW, but I'd love to be more confident about it.
Yeah sheā€™s there in the team until someone else pops up but I donā€™t think weā€™ll have a choice on who we run at F5, itā€™ll have to be a cheapie, hence why Iā€™ve gone both Toogood and Hore for some FWD integrity.

Although there is some alternatives but a bit more pricier, Niamh McLaughlin is one Iā€™m keeping an eye on, FWD in game but is in a wing role this season for the Suns alongside Georgia Clayden (whoā€™s another option too, DEF in game)

Last edited:
I'm looking to create SCS v BF 20 team league ...

• some very good participants from both sites on offer ... I'll only ever run this setup for this particular sport
  • participants will be by invite only ....
  • I have a pretty good gauge from last season as to who to invite ...

Will set it up tomorrow ...

Yeah good point.

If I donā€™t itā€™ll be a Pritchard/McKenzie M4/5 with Goody on the bench and it would mean I would run an Allan/Bella/Kelly at Ruck which I donā€™t like.

If Goody is at M5 my team is basically

Sheerin
Webster
Ruby
Goldrick (thst mid role looks legit)
Finn (shifted to the wing and played well + dirt cheap)

Mids being

Noffy
Charlie
Anderson
Pritchard or someone higher
Goody

Ruck: (Hickie/Wales/Scholz the three best options under a mil)

Forwards
Toogood
Sheriff (new mid role)
Stevens (new Def role)
Pauga (everyone has)

Have both Bonnie and Hore as with how thin the FWD line is I think you need both and Hore playing mids itā€™s a no brainer over someone like Brennan
Anderson was rested. Just wonder if she is carrying an injury or something. Has the early double game bye though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah sheā€™s there in the team until someone else pops up but I donā€™t think weā€™ll have a choice on who we run at F5, itā€™ll have to be a cheapie, hence why Iā€™ve gone both Toogood and Hore for some FWD integrity.

Although there is some alternatives but a bit more pricier, Niamh McLaughlin is one Iā€™m keeping an eye on, FWD in game but is in a wing role this season for the Suns alongside Georgia Clayden (whoā€™s another option too, DEF in game)
I've got Beruldsen in there right now, because she's cheaper and at least I know she got some CBAs. I wouldn't be surprised if Sydney tightened up their rotations for the real stuff, though.

Absolute max I can do for that spot is $397K without having to sell off a premo.

I've ran the following 8 players through my fwd mix so far.

Toogood $1.323m (locked, but very expensive and really must back up from last year)

Zanker $855k
Davidson $831
Teakle $531
Gavalas $519
O'Sullivan $512k
Huntington $405k
Tripodi $379k
Pauga $363k

I feel there's been less info this pre season. I felt like I had more of a clue last year and really only missed Gardiner/Toogood early, and Cordner Rd 1 + had the wrong $300k ruck onfield whilst I swapped Scholz & Davies back and forth.

Go with your gut, because you're probably right.

Pauga had an impact, but probably around 10 disposals and 3-4 tackles. Big questions for me around the role, yeah, it was there, and North are tough, but chuck in Ava, Dalton and Huntington (who is playing off HB this year), and the fact that we're not very good and I'd really question any potential scoreboard impact, I dunno, feels like a trap.

The big issue though is against the Dogs, she could very well blow out of the gates with an 80+ score Rd 1.

Tripodi looked the goods, but really, really hard to call as we aren't great, and Bruton is back R1. Girl's gunna be a star though.

I'm running a SCS v BF league again this season ...

• Am looking for 10 coaches "primarily" affiliated from each site ...
  • It is a 20 team league and is only being run for a bit of rivalry and fun ...

So far I've almost filled the SCS side of the league ...

I've sent some invites to BF members but still have 6 outstanding spots ...

• if interested let me know and I'll send you the link to join ....
  • if I get too many responses then I'll keep the entries as strong as possible (from both sites)

Cheers, Tailz (Adrian)

I'm running a SCS v BF league again this season ...

• Am looking for 10 coaches "primarily" affiliated from each site ...
  • It is a 20 team league and is only being run for a bit of rivalry and fun ...

So far I've almost filled the SCS side of the league ...

I've sent some invites to BF members but still have 6 outstanding spots ...

• if interested let me know and I'll send you the link to join ....
  • if I get too many responses then I'll keep the entries as strong as possible (from both sites)

Cheers, Tailz (Adrian)
Sure why not, im keen.

The big issue though is against the Dogs, [Pauga] could very well blow out of the gates with an 80+ score Rd 1.
This is probably what's going to get Pauga into the F5 spot in my team. It just feels like there's less risk in starting her, given the ownership numbers, than not.

Izzy in defence is interesting, though. Averaged 57.8 in the role back in 2020.

This is probably what's going to get Pauga into the F5 spot in my team. It just feels like there's less risk in starting her, given the ownership numbers, than not.

Izzy in defence is interesting, though. Averaged 57.8 in the role back in 2020.
Our whole side this season is all upside down. Eva is going forward permanently, Pease is down back and took every kick in bar one in the praccy (which will hugely effect anyone with Evans), Issy off HB, unknown where/if Dalton will play (no vflw or matchsim/prac), O'Dowd was used as primary ruck over Davies (with a huge presence around the ball, would have goaled had she remembered to bounce the ball in typical Irish fashion), it's a real mixed bag where scoring could come from anywhere.

Wish I had more answers. I have Pauga F5 currently but it's a big question mark.

Our whole side this season is all upside down.
That seems to be who Bernasconi is. Last year it was Beeson forward, McCormick back, Barr in the middle, Lister as a tagger and Zreika as a tagger when that didn't work. There was very little consistency week-to-week. My memory is that the Giants used the most players at centre bounces last year. Some of that's injuries, some of that's a developing side, but you also get the impression that Cam just likes to tinker.

Wish I had more answers.
Well, I appreciate the answers you've been able to give. Even if I had been able to catch the stream I wouldn't have picked up all that you've shared.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back