AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Such is the way, Lutkins and Beatty will bounce back with respectable 50+ scores this week, but one has to go with 3 trades.
Backing the youth.

Lutkins to Hosking will be trade 1 (or trade 2 as Toogood is definitely going)
Maybe a little weary on Hosking as the Richmond matchup may have spurred her on a bit. (Delisted by the tigers for the casual followers)

Last edited:
IDK, similar options to me (Toogood, Lutkins and Pauga if injured are the weakest links).
Damned if I know what to do either though. The forward options aren't enticing.
I prefer Ponter over Hodder, but Hodder gets the double game week sooner...

If I don't need to fix 3, maybe I upgrade Hurley to a R4 captain option (Anderson) with Toogood money. Dunno.
I'm tossing up between Hodder/Ponter/Bodey as my replacement for Bonnie. All have pros and cons

My preferred option this week would be fixing a couple of dead bench and field rookies, but, like most I have Toogood to deal with and potentially Pauga, not to mention Jordy Allen. Unfortunately, I can't repair everything in one fell swoop, so I have to prioritize.

It appears that AFLW this year is mirroring what happened in the men's comp. A dearth of Def rookies as well as Fwd premos, so I think a restructure is the first order of business, bearing in mind that cash gen is just as important as points on the field.

Before trades I had 6 rookies on field (probably 5 needing upgrades) and really only 3 rookies on the bench looking like they'll make enough to enable upgrades, that equation doesn't work. After trades I'm left with 4 rookies on field including Goody and 4 rookies making money (maybe) on the bench and $300k ITB, it's an equation that I'm much happier with. It means keeping Allen for this week who could be punted to Sheerin the following week. I'm disappointed in myself for taking out Syme as a last minute move but I just have to kiss her goodbye.

If Pauga is out she'll have to be covered by Smith :oops: Feels like I'm already locking in next weeks trades, what could go wrong:drunk:

Lutkins > Hosking (good for DGW)
Toogood > Sherriff (plenty of CBA's)
Beatty > Goldrick (maintained her preseason)

1725327682969.png

My preferred option this week would be fixing a couple of dead bench and field rookies, but, like most I have Toogood to deal with and potentially Pauga, not to mention Jordy Allen. Unfortunately, I can't repair everything in one fell swoop, so I have to prioritize.

It appears that AFLW this year is mirroring what happened in the men's comp. A dearth of Def rookies as well as Fwd premos, so I think a restructure is the first order of business, bearing in mind that cash gen is just as important as points on the field.

Before trades I had 6 rookies on field (probably 5 needing upgrades) and really only 3 rookies on the bench looking like they'll make enough to enable upgrades, that equation doesn't work. After trades I'm left with 4 rookies on field including Goody and 4 rookies making money (maybe) on the bench and $300k ITB, it's an equation that I'm much happier with. It means keeping Allen for this week who could be punted to Sheerin the following week. I'm disappointed in myself for taking out Syme as a last minute move but I just have to kiss her goodbye.

If Pauga is out she'll have to be covered by Smith :oops: Feels like I'm already locking in next weeks trades, what could go wrong:drunk:

Lutkins > Hosking (good for DGW)
Toogood > Sherriff (plenty of CBA's)
Beatty > Goldrick (maintained her preseason)

View attachment 2099365
I just realised I've got Tripodi as Pauga cover, meaning I can upgrade somewhere else

Can anyone explain Tighe to me - is she a big key forward / ruck? Assume scoring will be volatile and while 120 is great, inflated by 4 goals and a massive 7 marks. Does she do that every week, I assume not?
She scored decently last season too, a ton, a couple of 80s, and three 60s, lowest was 34. Worth a punt, but 1m+ is eye watering

Got 771k for a forward to upgrade Vescio. Already done Toogood > Sherriff. Suggestions?
Bodey/Ponter/Hodder are probably the best bets. Hawks look dangerous and Greta could get a lot of goal chances, Ponter is getting CBA's but it could be volatile numbers (due to Hatchy's role), Hodder getting a set amount too but again could be volatile.

Tarni Evans to D’Arcy, not sure about Evans playing forward

Toogood to Sherriff, has good CBAs

Dunno what to do for my 3rd, maybe Watson to Hosking. Even Montana ham at m4 up to a premo under 1.1 mill (dunno who though)

Can anyone explain Tighe to me - is she a big key forward / ruck? Assume scoring will be volatile and while 120 is great, inflated by 4 goals and a massive 7 marks. Does she do that every week, I assume not?
She's much more a key forward and occasional backup ruck, kinda helped by the fact Mim is a very strong solo ruck and barely comes off.

Best comparison is a Jesse Hogan that tackles. She's increasingly become the main target down forward, strong mark and great hands, and throws herself around.

60.25 average last year, but is a continual improver. The only issue is can they feed her the ball against a better opposition midfield? The run from here for Freo is far worse than Essendon (Crows and Dees in the next three weeks), and then becomes very, very favourable. I've got her as a trade in for the DGW rounds, and she should be a good upgrade target with a couple of price drops.

Last edited:
Tarni Evans to D’Arcy, not sure about Evans playing forward

Toogood to Sherriff, has good CBAs

Dunno what to do for my 3rd, maybe Watson to Hosking. Even Montana ham at m4 up to a premo under 1.1 mill (dunno who though)
This was my original plan. May stick to it. CBAs doesn't necessarily mean scoring though. Chelsea Randall had very high CBAs but only scored mid 50s, and her possessions were helped by the fact that she also took a couple kick ins. Who knows what her role is because Charlton could be back this week as well. Sherriff kicked 2 goals. Without those goals, she'd be a 50s scorer as well. There are no real decent options in the forward line right now.

Tighe is good, but overpriced after a massive game.
I didn't see the Geelong game, but apparently Friswell was good on the wing?
O'Loughlin looked dangerous up forward for North, but has been suspended for a dangerous tackle.
Bodey had 5 shots on goal. Will this be maintained especially against tougher matchups?
J.Parry probably scored what she would normally score, but has very tough matchup this week.
Never even heard of Ashleigh Richards (STK)
Georgia Garnett. Is she the one with the headband? She went okay against the bottom side. 2 goals brought up her score.
Sherriff had 2 goals but also had CBAs.
Saint had a small percentage of CBAs but mostly just sits foward and takes marks, kicks goals. She's not previously known to be a big scorer, so not sure why the interest in her.
Huntington is a cheap option. Played in defence and was at times the +1. Against Richmond though, the ball might not be down there much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Georgia Garnett. Is she the one with the headband? She went okay against the bottom side. 2 goals brought up her score.

Huntington is a cheap option. Played in defence and was at times the +1. Against Richmond though, the ball might not be down there much.
Yep, Garnett is the one that wears the headband. She's looking better this season after being played at FF last year where it seemed they wanted her as a Cora Staunton replacement and really didn't work out, and with the extra VFLW games. She averaged 63.1 in Season 7 playing off HF, and looks to be there or thereabouts.

Huntington is a solid option (I really think we're not that great, but the Dogs are very bad). The role is there, she's getting plenty even in a game where the ball didn't cross the half after halftime, seems pretty confident and at her fittest in years. The run is mixed (RICH, SUNS, SYD, WC, MELB, STK, ADEL, HAW, FRE, PORT), so I'd expect a bit of up and down especially in the next few weeks.

Yep, Garnett is the one that wears the headband. She's looking better this season after being played at FF last year where it seemed they wanted her as a Cora Staunton replacement and really didn't work out, and with the extra VFLW games. She averaged 63.1 in Season 7 playing off HF, and looks to be there or thereabouts.

Huntington is a solid option (I really think we're not that great, but the Dogs are very bad). The role is there, she's getting plenty even in a game where the ball didn't cross the half after halftime, seems pretty confident and at her fittest in years. The run is mixed (RICH, SUNS, SYD, WC, MELB, STK, ADEL, HAW, FRE, PORT), so I'd expect a bit of up and down especially in the next few weeks.
So you reckon Garnett is back to season 7 form? I didn't get to watch the game. She was so great for us that season and a good fantasy choice, then last year pretty disappointing.

So you reckon Garnett is back to season 7 form? I didn't get to watch the game. She was so great for us that season and a good fantasy choice, then last year pretty disappointing.
Yeah I’d pick her but I don’t want to cop 20s. If she’s back in that role she’s worth a shot

If Sheerin is back....

Grider, Lutkins & Brennan > Sheerin, Hosking & Beruldsen

Keep Wales for another round and hope she plays more minutes including more in the ruck rather than resting forward. Im happy with my team apart from Watson, Wales & Beruldsen but i cant have a full team of guns this early :p Wish i had Syme as well but i think ive got to let her go through to the keeper as i need to get rid of Lutkins and i cant rookie correct to Symes without ruining my chances of upgrading Lutkins. Besides, its feasible that Window and Symes switch scores and then id look like a fool for making that 'correction' I mean, i dont think that will happen but it could.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 5.53.42 pm.png

If Sheerin is back....

Grider, Lutkins & Brennan > Sheerin, Hosking & Beruldsen

Keep Wales for another round and hope she plays more minutes including more in the ruck rather than resting forward. Im happy with my team apart from Watson, Wales & Beruldsen but i cant have a full team of guns this early :p Wish i had Syme as well but i think ive got to let her go through to the keeper as i need to get rid of Lutkins and i cant rookie correct to Symes without ruining my chances of upgrading Lutkins. Besides, its feasible that Window and Symes switch scores and then id look like a fool for making that 'correction' I mean, i dont think that will happen but it could.

View attachment 2099602
Sheerin ruled out again FYI

Ok, with Pauga in I think I'm going:
Hurley -> Anderson
Toogood -> Ponter/Hodder/Garnett/someone else
Lutkins -> ?Morcom or someone else with a good BE and the money I have left, 300-500k depending.

Don't mind holding O'Dowd for a week.

I reckon she looks better. Kids grown into herself, super confident, super happy.

Would be up and down though, scored a 30 in the practice against North, and there's still Adelaide and Melbourne to come.

This was my original plan. May stick to it. CBAs doesn't necessarily mean scoring though. Chelsea Randall had very high CBAs but only scored mid 50s, and her possessions were helped by the fact that she also took a couple kick ins. Who knows what her role is because Charlton could be back this week as well. Sherriff kicked 2 goals. Without those goals, she'd be a 50s scorer as well. There are no real decent options in the forward line right now.

Tighe is good, but overpriced after a massive game.
I didn't see the Geelong game, but apparently Friswell was good on the wing?
O'Loughlin looked dangerous up forward for North, but has been suspended for a dangerous tackle.
Bodey had 5 shots on goal. Will this be maintained especially against tougher matchups?
J.Parry probably scored what she would normally score, but has very tough matchup this week.
Never even heard of Ashleigh Richards (STK)
Sherriff had 2 goals but also had CBAs.
Saint had a small percentage of CBAs but mostly just sits foward and takes marks, kicks goals. She's not previously known to be a big scorer, so not sure why the interest in her.
I really like the mix and how the Hawks work their players through the midfield, West, Breed and Sherriff are all really strong in the contest, they just bullock the ball forward, add in Gilroy who plays a high defence role, doesn't get involved at CBA's but is in around the further stoppages and who is very like the 3 aforementioned then the ball is continually being forced forward. Their forwards in Aine McDonagh, who's a real weapon, especially if she can clunk some marks, and Bodey are the beneficiaries of the work further up the ground. Sherriff, Breed and Gilroy also hit the scoreboard with 5 goals between them. Sherriff is in for now, but I'm watching all of the others very closely.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back