AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm not sure what to do about those 2 either. The other 3 bench spots are fine but those 2 are shocking. I might spend some time this this week trying to work out of there anyone better.

453/8. Really poor week this week. Hodder and Hoskins on the chopping block. Think it was samFFC who convinced me on Hodder...

Kearney, Finn, Tripodi, Paugua and the big three of Marinoff (C) Rowbottom and Conti to come.

Yup sorry mate, glad I didn't convince you on Lutkins, or against Noff!!!

Screen Shot 2024-09-08 at 8.51.15 pm.png
Allright folks, what do we reckon of this little clustermuck?

Saint and Houghton are the obvious two, but to who is the question?

Got Window at utility. McKee probably needs to go but probably need to deal with on field.

But hey, almost bought in Hodder, almost held Lutkins, made 3 positive trades so could be an awful lot worse. Half tempted to sell Mim to fix things and run O'Dowd on field.

1440 with Marinoff captain up to 1,384 in Rank.

Hodder and Hosking terrible, but thinking of holding until their double game week (Round 4) and trading after that.

Would love to grab Anderson before the double game week, so thinking of trading McCarthy after having made 100k on her this week.

Two of my trades last week likely going straight out. (McCarthy up and Sheriff injured, brilliant).

1440 with Marinoff captain up to 1,384 in Rank.

Hodder and Hosking terrible, but thinking of holding until their double game week (Round 4) and trading after that.

Would love to grab Anderson before the double game week, so thinking of trading McCarthy after having made 100k on her this week.

Two of my trades last week likely going straight out. (McCarthy up and Sheriff injured, brilliant).
Good thing about grabbing Anderson this week is I now have my double game week captains secured.

Anderson (R4) > Rowbottom (R5) > Conti (R6) > Marinoff (R7)

Let's hope for some 600+ scores haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you explain Bodey to me? Trading in someone at $735k who just scored 43 isn't immediately obvious to me.
Average of 60 but i think im going to go for Randall instead as she seems one of a few genuine forwardline guns. If given midfield time, Bodey could be a decent shout but its not guaranteed.

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 9.59.21 am.png

Average of 60 but i think im going to go for Randall instead as she seems one of a few genuine forwardline guns. If given midfield time, Bodey could be a decent shout but its not guaranteed.

View attachment 2105602
I think i'm going to focus solely on completing the midfield line, then the ruck, then defence and then the forward line. Outside of Hore, can't see a reason to pay for any forward at this stage.

Clear trade targets for me

Sheriff out injured and Watson sideways out as for who yet, unsure

Third trade probably rookie correction

View attachment 2105362
My early thoughts based on this, Watson could be a hold but the rest of the team is in good shape

Other idea was possibly going Sherriff down, Tripodi fielded and getting Watson to a pricier defender.

McLaughlin has scored decently to start and Lavey has had history of being a tidy scorer.

Really want to keep this good form going so need to nail these.

trades.JPG

My early thoughts based on this, Watson could be a hold but the rest of the team is in good shape

Other idea was possibly going Sherriff down, Tripodi fielded and getting Watson to a pricier defender.

McLaughlin has scored decently to start and Lavey has had history of being a tidy scorer.

Really want to keep this good form going so need to nail these.

View attachment 2105662
Would that mean Sherriff > Harken, Tripodi on field and Mckee to forward bench? How much dosh does that give you for the Watson upgrade?

I'd be inclined to use the other trade to downgrade Wales and field O'Dowd, gives you more options like a proper upgrade of Watson and plenty of cash left over for an upgrade of Goody > Blackburn next week.

The McKee > Harken move feels like a waste of a trade, unless I'm missing something?

Would that mean Sherriff > Harken, Tripodi on field and Mckee to forward bench? How much dosh does that give you for the Watson upgrade?

I'd be inclined to use the other trade to downgrade Wales and field O'Dowd, gives you more options like a proper upgrade of Watson and plenty of cash left over for an upgrade of Goody > Blackburn next week.

The McKee > Harken move feels like a waste of a trade, unless I'm missing something?
Rookie fix up basically. McKee was in utility. Tripodi was on fwd bench.

Yeah I considered going Steph down, considering I brought her in this week it feels a waste to trade her out again, but it’s under consideration for sure, however shes got a very friendly month of ruck matchups ahead

Last edited:
Contemplating these trades, just trying to work out if its worth it considering Edmonds has the DGW next week so id need to essentially make up 70-90 pts this week correct?

Obviously i get the DGW from the other players later on whom are most likely keepers for rest of season.
Also leaves me with $365k to get Anderson next week hopefully for her DGW, thoughts?

trades.png

Contemplating these trades, just trying to work out if its worth it considering Edmonds has the DGW next week so id need to essentially make up 70-90 pts this week correct?

Obviously i get the DGW from the other players later on whom are most likely keepers for rest of season.
Also leaves me with $365k to get Anderson next week hopefully for her DGW, thoughts?

View attachment 2105775
I like the 3 ins, Hartill essentially gets 3 games over the next 2 weeks and might be good for a cash grab after that.

Pity you can't lift Edmonds to Sab but the cash has to come from somewhere for the other moves.

I think it's also important to get rookies off the field, last week used the Toogood cash to upgrade Lutkins and Beatty, leaving Finn on the bench, one of those 'upgrades' was Hosking who I'll bench this week and field Finn (just watch that backfire) I'll then field Hosking for her DGW, upgrading her to D'Arcy/Sheerin after that.

I'm also downgrading my ruck this week to Hartill and fielding O'Dowd using that cash to fix Sherriff but also to get a forward rookie off the field, McKee/Smith.

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 4.37.13 PM.png

1,410 for the round and up in rank to sit 2.2k.

Happy with the Huntington in before the weekend, and Hosking a bit of quick cash gen with her DGW in mind before she'll be punted. Also brought in McCarthy who didn't set the house on fire, but at least made some coin. Dunno whether to keep her or use her to help bring in Anderson ahead of her DGW.

Strongly considering punting Edmonds and playing O'Dowd to perhaps fund the McCarthy to Ando trade and leave the leftover cash to bring in Blackburn for her DGW next round. Would give me 5 players on the first up double, with Blackburn cancelling out Edmonds virtually. But have more faith in Blackburn scoring more on the double.

Real lack of cashcows, and something I am conscious of keeping ticking over. Might be an idea to swap Edmonds to a rookie ruck on the double coming up for a quick double injection of cash? Cleaver of the Eagles or Hartill of the Lions? Anyone considering the same? Hmmm...

View attachment 2105376
Allright folks, what do we reckon of this little clustermuck?

Saint and Houghton are the obvious two, but to who is the question?

Got Window at utility. McKee probably needs to go but probably need to deal with on field.

But hey, almost bought in Hodder, almost held Lutkins, made 3 positive trades so could be an awful lot worse. Half tempted to sell Mim to fix things and run O'Dowd on field.
You should at least consider Strom down to fund an upgrade to a premo mid with two games in R4. Anderson has a BE of 85 and Blackburn has the Eagles at Whitten, so there's some risk of being priced out of either.

I would probably hold the Port forwards, but it's entirely possible that I'm too patient, given that I'm going to hold Buttifant and McKee and may wind up fielding them against the Eagles. Izzy and Brazill are the two I've looked at as potential downgrade targets for Sherriff. I'm also looking at Hodder ahead of her double game round and my absolute ideal would be Randall, who I can't afford. I haven't watched Friswell this year and, given I can't really afford her, I probably won't bother checking out a replay. She seems another option based on her scores so far, if you've got the cash.

Rookie fix up basically. McKee was in utility. Tripodi was on fwd bench.

Yeah I considered going Steph down, considering I brought her in this week it feels a waste to trade her out again, but it’s under consideration for sure, however shes got a very friendly month of ruck matchups ahead
If you do go the O'Dowd R1 route, I think you'd have enough to do Steph down and Sherriff to Blackburn. Having Anderson, Bonnici, Blackburn double scores in R4 seems pretty good. Depending on how the pricing works in those rounds, you might then be able to chain one or two of those into Garner/Riddell, since you're lacking R5 captain options.

Regardless, if you're looking at players like McKee and Watson as your biggest problems, you're pretty clearly in a good spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back