AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

I ended up bringing in Schilling at D5 a few minutes before the game. Felt great about it at half time, but the Dogs really struggled to get it forward in the second half. Hopefully she'll see more of it against Collingwood and Brisbane next week.

Can't wait to get McKee off the field next week. Even with a double score, it's hard to see her putting up more than a 40.

Cleaver moving forward probably means another bench spot generating no cash.

Last edited:

Hopefully she gets up. She's never missed a game. Didn't look great, though.
She screamed when her ankle got hit. Looked devastated limping off the field. Was hard to watch, especially after the game she played. Was tagged and moved forward and still got involved to kick a goal.

Hopefully she gets up. She's never missed a game. Didn't look great, though.
I don't see how Blackburn plays her upcoming 2 games in a week with a badly sprained ankle (at best)
Will be 3 games in 10 days for her. She copped a beating tonight. Few bumps.
Plus side, it's 6 days til the Wednesday clash but has to front up again on Saturday after that.
Odds on now that dogs get pick 1, Ash Centra so Blackburn will have an absolute A grade partner in crime.

We're yet to see how teams go with the double ups (TOG will possibly be the rest, as team lists just aren't big enough for rotations)

Last edited:
Hosking plays that wait outside the pack game hoping to receive, but unfortunately, West Coast play that hack the ball forward game, so she barely gets any possessions, unless the ball spills out towards her.
And when it does the commentators go nuts about how hard she is (in truth it's because Kelli Underwood doesn't know much about any player originating from outside Victoria).

She screamed when her ankle got hit. Looked devastated limping off the field. Was hard to watch, especially after the game she played. Was tagged and moved forward and still got involved to kick a goal.
That motion of her foot getting trapped underneath the other play means that's it's almost certainly a medial ankle rupture. The medial ligament is tougher, but when it ruptures it usually means 4-6 weeks. I know she's tough, but for anyone who's got her in their side, I'd be already making plans to trade her out.

That motion of her foot getting trapped underneath the other play means that's it's almost certainly a medial ankle rupture. The medial ligament is tougher, but when it ruptures it usually means 4-6 weeks. I know she's tough, but for anyone who's got her in their side, I'd be already making plans to trade her out.
Exhibit 1 on how fraught with danger it can be to get too caught up in planning for double game weeks.
If this was next week, Blackburn is already locked in for game 2 and a likely zero for second game.
Same too with trading players in early (Blackburn & Bonnici this week for example)
Can't fault Anderson trade ins as she is killing it.

I'm certainly expecting some highs and lows over the coming weeks. It won't all be roses.

I don't see how Blackburn plays her upcoming 2 games in a week with a badly sprained ankle (at best)
Will be 3 games in 10 days for her. She copped a beating tonight. Few bumps.
Even if she's miraculously escaped injury, which I doubt, the scream said it all, after the onslaught she copped last night, surely they'd rest her for the Brissy game when there's a maybe winnable Collingwood game 4 days later, realistically the only chance they've got to nab a W for the season.

DGW's are going to be pure chaos and luck. But damn I'm glad you folk sold me on the Anderson train looking at the draw.

Exhibit 1 on how fraught with danger it can be to get too caught up in planning for double game weeks.
If this was next week, Blackburn is already locked in for game 2 and a likely zero for second game.
Same too with trading players in early (Blackburn & Bonnici this week for example)
Can't fault Anderson trade ins as she is killing it.

I'm certainly expecting some highs and lows over the coming weeks. It won't all be roses.
Not sure whether I've done the right thing, but holding off on Bonnici for another week (hard matchup this week) opted for Smith > Randall instead, probably should have been McKee (at least she's on the bench), maybe she'll spike in her DGW? More than likely not though.

2/104 held Hosking and fielded her over Finn, might have made a blue there. Now not sure whether to trade out before her DGW to help fund an M5 upgrade, add a few $ and get Sheerin, or just hold for another round?

Between bringing Schilling in and moving Edmonds out I've locked 2 of my trades in already heh. At least Edmonds out seems like the right move, a 67 last night is pretty uninspiring. Brought in Cambridge McCormick after tossing up between her and Hartill.

Glad I stuck with Pritchard for this week - considered trading her to Anderson but I've gone with Conti to Anderson for now. Pritchard should go up another $90k or so.

Forwards is still a bit unclear - I'm still rocking on field Izzy, Tripodi and Pauga with EK Smith on the bench. Thought about leaving Conti and instead upgrading EK Smith from the bench to Randall or Friswell, but I'm taking the chance that the gap between a Friswell scoring 80-odd and Pauga etc scoring 40-odd is less than Conti and Anderson's respective scores, even if they're both likely going to get tagged.

3/199

On Bolter, I've got rid of Ellie McKenzie replacing her with Charlotte Simpson and then used this cash to upgrade Lutkins to Finn and EK Smith to Wendland (now got all 4 Port rookie mids in my squad). Probably one of my best trade weeks last week - brought in D'Arcy/Bullas/Syme (182 pts) all on-field for Beatty/Bates/Gough (54 pts).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodder not been great either - only 26 to HT. I suppose I got sucked in by her performances in R10 and the finals last year (92, 69, 61, 92) - looking at her actual historical scoring she's never had such an extended good run.

And now it's Davey breaking loose...so hard to predict each week which person will get the attention and which one can run free!

At least everyone has Schleicher though...

Ok less than I thought but still 38pc
I didn't pick her purely out of spite - I still remember her and Hosking talking smack about the Lions.

Haha, well that's 3 of us...joy. Sigh - now watch Conti ton it up! Should have known never to chase this - apart from Noffy or Riddell or Garner or Rowbottom, how often do these players back up week to week with tons or high scores!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back